I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Monday, May 17, 2010

D D The saga of the wheelchairs

   Worked out in the yard a few hours before we left to go to the Outback.
Getting closer to being able to turn the garden over and add the manure. Just have some ground cover that has crept into the garden to move to another area.
Hubby's hip started bothering him a few days ago ( something new ) so he suggested I get his wheelchair from the car trunk & bring it to our bedroom door as he was just barely making it to the bathroom.
Insisted this wheelchair will fit in the area behind the front seat, so that I wouldn't have to lift it in and out of the trunk.  Once I lifted it out moi decided it was time for a trial run.  There was no way in hell that wheelchair would fit back there... gave up struggling and up the ramp to our bedroom door moi went.
Got him in it, he began pushing himself and I locked up and headed out the front.
Didn't get as far as the gate without needing help...no problem.  Got him to the car where upon he struggled and struggled himself to get the wheelchair in.. " I watched a guy just tilt the front of it and get it back in there with no problem a long time ago", he said.   Gave up, admitting there was no way in hell it would fit back there even with the help I was giving him.  Moi proceeded to the trunk ... Parked at the Outback and  did the same. Got him in it and away we went to the door with me pushing him... There is a reason why I am writing this....... continue reading.
Moi has been eyeballing a mixed drink at the Outback week after week.  Strawberry Peach Sangria.
Broke down and ordered one. YUM!  Tasted like more but moi was driving. LOL
We arrive back home and hubby says " why don't you get my other wheelchair that's in our bedroom to bring me in. That way you won't have to lift the other wheelchair in and out of the trunk."
Had a b---ch getting it to push right ...struggled out to the car and got him in it.
That's when I discovered why I was having such a hard job pushing it. Flat left tire.  Struggled up the ramp and the next incline and got him to the door. AMEN! 
   Now ....let me tell you this.  We have a third wheelchair. One that moi purchased online a few years ago.. Weighs 11 pounds.
It's one that you PUSH. The person sitting in it can't wheel him/herself about unless they use their feet.
It's just for transport .... A transport chair is what it's called.    WHICH is what I do. 
Hubby doesn't  like that he can't wheel himself.....if he desired to.
I shit you not! 
Reminds me....maybe I should make a change in my intro.... 9 kids and 1 husband that drive me up the wall.
   Before his ex wife died, Michelle asked me if she could borrow it to wheel her mother to appointments. Peggy couldn't wheel herself about and this light weight wheel chair was perfect for her.
Medicare paid for a big one like hubby's for her, but it wasn't practical for her to use when she had no strength to wheel herself about.
Now it sits out in one of our sheds until I bring it to a good friend to use on her vacation the end of July.
Enjoy Barb....................................  :  )
   Talked to Randy last night and he will be wearing old shoes/sneakers when he comes to help me edge flower beds, glue a trellis together, move a cement birdbath ....maybe even help me turn over the garden. He did last year or was it the year before.  Would make a crack about Alzheimer's setting in, but it's too serious of a subject.  CRS can't remember shit, is sufficient.
    His brother Larry let him rent his mobile home which was a piece of junk....  The work Randy has put into it is amazing. The inside looks so nice... The yard is something to behold too.  Has done so much landscaping on that big lot , even to adding a wishing well..  Now he just added the stone wall.
He's always busy. That was always one of his problems.  Couldn't sit still and stil can't.
   Jill worked Saturday from 1 to ?   Told me she drank with Joe and sister Michelle ( the owners of the catering business ) after the wedding was over at the bar there...didn't mention where she spent her night.
Yesterday she worked from 8 to 6 something up at the shop  prepping food and making deliveries.
Called me to tell me she was with Butch and his daughter Alex at a restaurant.  Thank you , Jill.
Came home around 8 , put her pj's on and retired to her room.
Two skunks were outside her door fighting over the large pan of puppy chow and canned food I put out just before dusk.  Not a morsel left in it this morning... they like it.   yesssssssssssssssss ... keeps down the costs in feeding.  tytytyty.
   Hubby woke early... talking to the tv ( maiking comments ) and I miss half of the news.
Just your typical morning...........
That's All Folks!
Remember how moi remarked that it's usually the wives that pick out the cards for their mother in law. This one was from Deb and Sonny this year.
 Proves my case.     lmao 

No comments:

Post a Comment

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you