I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Thursday, July 15, 2010

D D Things to be thankful for.

My health, I am very thankful for.
Take very little medication . Thank you Lord.
Thankful for my present chiropractor and my past ones.
I owe the 50 year ago cancelled fusion on my spine to all of them .
Am thankul that all my children, grands and greats are healthy.
Sometime today, I will have another great grandchild. A baby boy and he will make #10.
In August a baby girl will be born and she will be #11 great grand.
My youngest grandchild Trevor will be 10 on the 17th of this month and the oldest of the grandkids was 37 in June.
Where has the time gone?????? 
Am very thankful that I am not just starting out as a newly wed. 
Even if two people are lucky enough to have their jobs ............prices of necessities are mind boggling.
That song " Somethings Gotta Give", just came to the front of my mind.
   Yesterday the rain never was heavy ......the air was.   I shit you not !
After 3 p.m.  the rain drops stopped falling and I took hubby to the chiropractor.
This time I made time for myself to get adjusted as well.
Once home, I helped hubby in the house and went to the other end of town for my eyeglasses.
Then...........I came back to the center of town to do my Burlington Coat Factory returns and  made more purchases. New Sketchers for moi.  A new navy blue top and a white one cause white goes with most everything.       and, and, and.   ; 0 )
   Got an invite to my mothers only living sister's 90th birthday party Sunday the 25th.
Her birthday is the 21st, but up until a few years ago she thought her birthday was the 22nd.
Made the correction on my mother's old date book. : 0 )
My Aunt Florence is a wonderful woman. I don't call her as often as I should.  You know how we get complacent and always think they will be around us.  Well, I do anyway. She and my late Uncle Babe couldn't have children, so they adopted a boy and then a girl from Canada when they were in their late 30's.  
Both of her kids think the world of her and they planned this SURPRISE party for her.
She calls me " her Patsy." 
Now I have a new navy blue top to wear with a ballet slipper print on navy blue capri's and new sneakers.
I'll steal the word Jackiesue of Yellowdog Granny uses........an outfit to wear to the Old Farts Home.
That's where the party is being held.
She has her own apartment and has her well loved dog with her.
 Isn't it wonderful that some places like that let you have your pet.
Those apartments are not big enough for me, I tell you !   I have too much shit.
Am thankful that our home is paid for and we still can pay the taxes, insurance and utilities on it.
    Jill was back from NH around 2...Randy was still sleepy, but was doing okay when she took him home. He had 2 non malignant polyps removed. 
When I got back from shopping around 7, she was showered and in pj's.
The Moose big money drawing was on my mind, but I didn't look a gift horse in the mouth.
In ......we stayed. : 0 )
Was thinking I could have someone sign me in, but then................I take the chance of running into Butchie.
That's his haunt.   He has been emailing me to apologize and asked me to intervene for him.
I love her, I would never hurt her, I love her....
After receiving 5 emails  pleading with me to tell her she is his soul mate and he loves her, I sent an email back.

Butchie,
She does not love you.
You can't make her love you.
I can't make her love you.
This will be the one and only email you receive from me.
Please end all contact.
You are breaking the restraining order and can get in more trouble than you are already in.

Don't know how much plainer I could have made it.
He wrote back and said he was sorry. Didn't know she didn't love him.
He will not bother us anymore.
Not his exact words, but close enough.

   So amongst the crap I've been through I looked online at my Chase credit card statement a few days ago and see a charge I did not make.   On 7/02 Vaicoa Aguia Branca Cariacica ES $53.19.
On top of that a $1.59 foreign transaction fee.
What the HELL ?????
Well you know you can't make just one call without getting transferred here there and everywhere, plus being put on hold and keep having  to repeat your personal information so they know that they are talking to the person that credit card belongs to.
When they ask for the social security number I always get confused as to if the account is in mine or hubby's name.  Know his number better than mine. I shit you not!
 He doesn't carry a credit card anymore. Used it 2x's that I can remember. Tires for his truck. He doesn't do checks either.   That's my department. While he may bitch about my purchases..........he never asks what we have in the bank and has always lets me handle our finances. TY TY TY ..Doesn't even carry a wallet now.
Gets into street clothes 2 or 3 days a week at tops and that's only for a few hours.
Finally get the fraud people on the line....did I buy $195. and some odd cents worth of shoes on the 10th of July. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Told them I only purchase sneakers for myself.
Okay....card will be cancelled and a new one issued in X amount of days. Already forgot the number of days. Glad I didn't memorize that number I had all these years.
 Didn't want to waste brain cells at my age. : 0 )
Paperwork coming in a blue envelope to fill out and return.  Ohhhhh u betcha I will.
Pay only for what you purchased and send in that amount. Ohhhhhhh, u bethca I will and did.
This is the first time I have ever had a problem with my credit card.
Hope it's the last. I shit you not!
Didn't mention it to hubby because his reply would be ..just get rid of the card altogether. You don't need it.
Have got very comfortable shopping online now. Aleady I miss my card.   sniff, sniff
 Some years back we had the good fortune to go St.Thomas.  We never carried a credit card and had to  leave a hefty amount of money at the car agency.  Left a grand in the car rental safe and when we were leaving they had a hell of job finding the guy who had the combination.  Oh that was a nail biter, I'm remembering now.
Almost missed our flight. 
Then a credit card became acceptable to have....  for those occasions.  Yeah right!
I do not carry a balance. I just don't buy what I can't pay for in full when the bill comes in..
Every once in awhile Chase tossed me $50 in the form of a check.
Now as of July 1st it's changed to Reward Points and I can use them only towards my purchases on my bill. 
No problem. 
That trip to St.Thomas only cost us the air fare, car rental and $50 for the cleaning lady. The chiropractor I worked for at the time ( God love him ) owned a condo in Frenchmen's Reef and let us use it for just the cleaning fee.
One of my co-workers used his offer for her honeymoon.
This man has the worst form of arthriis. Ankylosis spondylitis. Now I know I spelled that wrong and dang it
..... I did chiropractic transcriptions for years. 
Sucks when you don't have a chiropractic dictionary or a chiropractor standing nest to you ask the correct spelling now. ; 0 )
Ken is a frail man and is so bent over. Always in pain.
This man never had a bad word to say about anyone and I have always said and still do...........
" He wouldn't say shit if he had a mouth full."
At every appointment that I had with him, I would ask him if he needed a helper. He did have an office manager and at that time I had not clue 1 on how to run an office.
Nor did I know what working at the front desk entailed.
Except........... for answering the phone and making appointments. . LMFAO
One day his elderly mother wanted to retire and I got the call.
Folks...a chiorpractic assistant isn't just about answering phones.  I shit you not!
Appointments, billing, transcriptions, reminder calls, filing, pulling files, ordering, computer patient billing entries each day, balancing cash $$ out at the end of the day, trips to the basement for old xrays, sometimes I took xrays, did ultra sound and trigger point therapy, attended seminars out of state, meetings once a week, ran adjustments free for food pantry products once a year, adjustments free for school playground equiptment, adjustments free for the battered women's shelter donations. Made fresh coffee for the patients ( now they have one of those machines you put a little cup into and the water has been filled by ??
Not moi now.             All kinds of flavors to chose from.
Last ,.but not least................  answered the phone.
When I retired we were seeing about 300 patients a week. Dr C , Dr K and an associate.
Do I miss it ? Yes. Would I go back now ?   No.       So much has changed in all areas and I had a No Fail System.
 Hustle was the word. Multi tasker was another.  : 0 )
: 0 (   Plus  I am another 30 years older than when I started that job.
The old gray mare ain't what she use to be.....many long years ago.  I shit you not!

    Logan was still awake at 1 a.m.  How do kids do that?????
I had his friend Charlie wake him at 10 a.m. yesterday thinking he would be sound asleep before 10 p.m.
No friends slept over..........already one friend has called to see if he is up yet and another is probably riding around in circles out front like he did yeaterday from 7:30 a.m. - 10  in the light rain.
Thought I'd get up and go for my fasting bloodwork this morning. 
Pulled myself out of bed at 8..........the coffee pot was calling out to me and I didn't even have it plugged in.
 ; 0 )

   Casey Anthony will be back in court in FL today at 1p.m. my time, which is real time.
I'll be watching her bozo attorney Baez on Tru TV.   What a clown!
 I'm a True Crime junkie if you didn't know already..
Her attorneys want the 911 call her mother made about the car smelling like it had
a dead body in it... OUT.
Oh yeah.... I bet they would !   
Last I heard from my grandkids.... the ex on in law from Hell wants to be a Mafia attorney.
How one goes from an attorney that helps dads that got screwed as his youngest, Logan at age 6 told moi when he began his studies .....to..............a Mafia attorney..............ummmmmmmmmmm. Beats moi!
Then again, he does know the ones he let put in the illegal gaming machines in his mother's store.
I'm sure they can mention his name to their cohorts.  Birds of the feather, flock together. I shit you not!

   I'm thankful for my vision ....that's one I forgot.
Thankful I don't have arthritis in my fingers. In my spine I'm sure I do, but I'm not in any pain.
Thankful that I was born in America and not some undeveloped country.
Yes, I have much to be thankful for. 
It's a new day. I have what's important in life. One day at a time. Slow, I go.
    Wishing you all a day to be thanful for........ and that's no shit.
That's All Folks!

4 comments:

  1. A wonderful reminder of the things we have to be thankful for.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. a lot of things to be thankful for !
    I called the Mafia Attorney LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear God that's the longest post I've ever read in my entire blogging life...and one of the best!!! I love the way you write...I suspect it's the exact same way you talk in real life. I wish I could hear you say "shit" in real life, lol. You are so funny!! And I want to say thank you for the comments on my blog...I loved your list of what you're thankful for...and wanted to tell you that you're on MY list of what I'm thankful for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mary, Gabi & Tammy from the bottom of my heart for taking time out of your day to comment.
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you