I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Friday, July 27, 2012

D D REGRETS

More than a few.
Wish I had been more tolerant with my hubby...been more empathetic.
Wish I had known that these were his final days here on earth.
Wish I could do it all over again, BUT of course I can't and foremost I WOULD NOT WANT HIM SUFFERING ALL OVER AGAIN.
(((hugs)))

That's All Folks!

10 comments:

  1. Sending gentle ({hugs}} across the miles from TX to MA.
    I think having regrets is a quite natural feeling for a caring/compassionate person to have...but, remember You did your best caring for Mike...please stop beating yourself up.
    Maybe this is the time to play some 'Lady Antebellum' to lift your spirts? Music we enjoy can have such healing power.
    My thoughts were with you yesterday morning when I spotted a rainbow.....a sign of hope! It made me want to share 'Somewhere over the Rainbow' with you....it is sung by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole from Hawaii...who left this earth too soon. Hope you like it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gApK2lZlcCI&feature=related
    Take good care........
    Piper from TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daf,

    You did everything in your power to help him. You went above and beyond, you should have no regrets at all. He is not suffering any more. No one gets a do over in life. Remember the good times, I know it's corny but dwelling on what could have been, if only, never happens. You, my friend, are an inspiration to all of us....you did it your way and kept him home. God bless you for that.

    love, hugs and prayers
    Pea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone I'm sure has regrets when someone passes. In time you will get more perspective and realize you did everything you could for your husband. Please believe that. Just keep hanging on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Viki; we all have regrets when a loved one passes, but there is no one who could have done more than you did. You took such wonderful care of your husband. Never hold regrets. (((Hugs)))
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even after his death,...you put your own feelings aside, secondary to you wishing him no more pain. He was lucky to have you. Feel your feelings. Don't brush them aside. Dealing with them now will help them from coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Middle Child is right, but I don't think you are the type to brush feelings aside, and feeling regret is part of grief and right now you're probably still in shock as well. Those days after the funeral when everyone seems to go back to their normal lives are hard. I hope you can find people who will just listen (like us!) and support and love you with no judgement for as long as you need it.
    I'm here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't stress or dwell on the wide range of feelings you'll feel, just recognize and work through them. You're the one to determine how long you grieve and how you grieve....don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do agree with all here, but what I have to do in times like these is go to a quiet location by myself, like in a forrest or by a river is to just sit and listen to the birds, the river, the wrestling of the wind in the trees and just be quiet with my thoughts. Connect with an old friend who understands you. Talk about it and go through the emotions you need to. Even writing your feelings in a journal is helpful. Just know it will take time but you will be O.K. Hugs across the way, Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy crap. I feel terrible.... I haven't checked in with anyone in a bit.... all I have is hugs for you darlin'....

    and don't make ANYONE make you feel wrong for how you handled his last days, least of all you.

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. you did all you could...and did it better than any of us could..

    ReplyDelete

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you