I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Sunday, April 01, 2012

D D No April Fool's joke. Visions of " Sugar Plums "

dancing in my head...woke me at 4 a.m. ;0)
We have NOTHING LIKE The Big Red Barn in my area. :0(  Is this something that is to ONLY BE ENJOYED in the SOUTH??????  COME ON UP to Boston!
Dang place closes at 4:30 p.m.  orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I'd STILL BE THERE! ;0)
DIL Deb went to one of her good friends pub/eatery last night and sent a text to my son that I would have enjoyed myself there if I went with her. It was Karoke Night andddddddddd her friend's b day so she picked up a cake for her. I know I would have.......BUT, I'm looking at it this way, my legs instead of my lungs got some excercize.  :0)  Always.....the thinker!
Do all intersections with lights have a count down of the minutes that are left to make it across the street before the light turns red?  Ain't that something?  How awesome is that! It was a wide intersection.....maybe that's the reasoning behind it. Maybe.

REMINDER TO SELF: When traveling away from home and your Kuerig....PACK coffee bags. I like my coffee when I WAKE UP..... and this morning I thought I'd make a cup before my son woke. Oh.... he has his bedroom tv on "the cat's away" so to speak. ;0), but he dozes off and on through programs he has recorded.  Deb stayed at her place in North Port with her recently divorced friend last night and another one that is divorced and looking for a place to rent/buy??? in Sarasota . I say "her place" cause she bought it with her inheritance from her dad who passed awaytwo/ three Aprils ago? Jim was in his 60's. Just didn't take care of himself like he should have or he might still be around. Nice guy....loved to hit the golf courses both here and in MA and spent from October to May in St.Petersburg. Then...he was a neighbor ...same Zip Code. Walking distance.
My son remodeled and painted it to her liking, my DIL furnished it l o v e l y ....right down to the littlest detail and she is now bored with it and wants to sell and get something else do redo. That's the over achiever in her. ;0) I'd be ahppy as a "pig in shit" to call this HOME and I think you would too.
I've shown pictures of it last year....this year there are even more changes. The laundry room is even gorgeous and is bigger than my damned bathroom. I shit you not!

As I sit here this morning,  I am mentally packing my suitcases ..... ;0) The biggest question on my mind is....Can I fit MORE???? When Docker capris are just $12.98 and other name brands are marked wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy down.....what's a woman to do! FLORIDA is going to miss me...I shit you not!
Think....I'll go play with my luggage for awhile. :0) BBL

Phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....it's going to be tough, BUT where there is a will...there is a way!

Called home. Hubby took a fall in the bathroom getting out of the tub with HIS FOOT BRACE ON. You read that right....he showered with it and claimed to Jill that he always showers with it on. NOT! She knew that....and that's why he fell getting out of the shower. .  He had showed confusion earlier and she had kept sending him back to our room to lie down. She also noticed that he was disoriented and weak and had to help him all THREE TIMES. . Gil nad herself could not get him up from where he was wedged between the tub and toilet, so she cvalled Glenn ( her age ) from across the street and between Gil and Glenn they got him up onto the toilet and brought his wheelchair in to him to transport him back to bed. No obvious injuries. :0)  The velcro still isn't dry on his foot brace. ( one day later ):0(


It's been a long day. Took a drive with my son around 4p.m. to a water area that I;ve forgot the name of. I'll remember by tomorrow when I post a few pics. Afterwards we went to eat. Came home to grands visitng and a great grand at 7p.m.. Sonny and I skipped the mac and cheese dinner DIL Deb made when she came back from North Port after we had left. . The house cleared out at nine...kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub. ;0)....here I sit  glassy eyed. I shit you not! . Going to call it a night and try to watch the Country Music Awards.
(((hugs)))

That's All Folks!

3 comments:

  1. I admire you Pat, your strong and speak your mind. What a sweet son you have to have you come and stay with him and his wife and take you on a cruise. I'm glad you had such a good time and free away from your selfish family. Guess you need to go longer next time and they will appreciate you then??? You look really beautiful in your picture with the blue top on. You looked the part of cruiser, oh I didn't mean it that way :) I enjoy reading your blog becuse you have a lot to say. Stay fun and screw all the nay sayers. Hugs, Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad your having such a good time, and relaxing, having fun. You needed this and even more you deserved this!

    ReplyDelete

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you