I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

D D Daughter Cheryl had a set back from her arm surgery.:0(

Once "the block" wore off....she was in utter agony. NO RX'D  PAIN MED TOUCHED HER PAIN.  Had to be re-admitted to the hospital and they are thinking of releasing her this afternoon.
She was still in agony when she called me this morning. had a Hell of a night. Around 10 p.m. the ice pack they had on her arm BROKE and she came to ( startled  to find herself in a cold puddle and unaware of what had happened ) she screamed out. Two nurses came to her room and once they found out the reason for her scream, they chastised her. I find this "UNACCEPTABLE! "  She tried to explain herself to them...to no avail and demanded to see someone higher up. As a patient. she had rights. Someone did come to see her, the two nurses apologised and so did Cheryl.  You would think that would have been the end of it. NOT! They waited til the very last minute to give her her pain meds. IF the dorctors orders were every 3 - 4 hours. THEY WAITED AS CLOSE TO THE 4th hour AS POSSIBLE ,  even though she was  repeatedly ringing her buzzer for them.  Two times they ignored her buzzzer after repeated calls to the front desk. She had to PEE and made her own way ( no assistance ) to the restroom on heavy narcotics.  WTF!  Her surgery was supposed to be a 2 1/2 hour procedure. It took 5 hours!  She never should have been discharged. Effffin insurance companies!
AT THIS VERY MOMENT she is wishing that she never had the surgery after....what she has gone through.  Hope she sees someone in the capacity to bring attention to her lack of care before she is discharged. These nurses should be reported. I shit you not! After doing that...she can fill out the survey the hospitals mail out to inquire about your satisfaction of the hosptal and staff care NEGATIVELY! 
My Cheryl is " a Chatty Cathy."  Once home after the surgery...she was HIGH on her pain meds and never stopped talking. repeated mention of " try to rest" ( given by family members )was ignored .
Once that "block" wore off. REST was out of the question! sighhhhhhhhhh

Tracie showed here...maybe around 6 p.m. Jill had just got back from visitng Gil and stopping to eat some onion soup ( by herself) on the way home.    First stop out was to get hubby a steak bomb and bring it back. Then it was to Walmart.  By 8:10 I had already been through the register and was impatiently waiting  for Tracie.  ( Same song, second verse.)  Ran into her before I check out and she told me that all she had left to do was take her B/P and get some Sprite. Tick, tick, tick. Had her paged. She signalled to me ( 5 more minutes ) . Tick, tick, tick......  8:40 we leave their doors and head to eat at Good tymes. ( They close their doors at 9 ). Just made it. I was starved . My fault...I was mentally thinking that knowing what a slow pokee Tracie is, I should have suggested that we eat first.  NEXT TIME!  I had "the perfect portion " size of broiled haddock, boiled carrots and some lettuce as my second side ( brought my own 1 PT Lite honey mustard dressing. ) ;0)  $10.99  Tracie had her sirloin steak meal $17.99  Whatever floats your boat! ;0)  She asked if she could run in to pee after she put her bundles in her car. Told her just be quiet. We parted with the understanding that daughter Michelle will be here tonight at 5:30 and if she wants to go to Kohls , I do as I have coupons that will expire on the 18th. ( $10 for every $50 you spend and one for $10 ( their gift to you ) as this particular store was under renovation. PLUS Wednesday is 15% off day for seniors. 
TONIGHT is also the day I need to draw some boundaries with Tracie.  I will put it to her nicely, but her immaturity may shine through! sighhhhhhhhhhhhh 
 Hubby is aware of his appointment in Boston on the 24th  and appears fine with it now. 
As for Tracie being here every single day since hubby and I returned from FL....I don't think ANY MAN would be happy about that.  THIS is NOT SOMETHING NEW that I have been aware of.
She was here every single day almost ...before we went to FL last February 6th, 2011 and it was a drag on ME!  Loved my vacation TWO FOLD. I shit you not!
Soooooooooooooooo the ball is in my park tonight........................................ either SHE GETS IT orrrrrrrrrr SHE DON'T!

Ooooopsie....almost let my fingers on the keyboard let the time get away from me. It was eleven fifteen before I realized that hubby and I had a 11:45 a.m. chiropractic appointment. We made it! :0)

From noon to two I took son randy's girlfriend Debbie up to the Burlington Mall with me while he was busy in my basement installing new water pipes under the house. I now have an outdoor spicket on the opposite side of the house. No more hose dragging to that side. :0) Happy,Happy. Happy!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doesn't take much to make me happy.

Daughter Micelle is here to watch American Idol with her dad. Tracie called....she got lost in NH shopping ( literally speaking ) and will be here later. It's 5:50 p.m.
As you can see....................I've played a little.  ;0)

(((Hugs)))Pat

That's All Folks!

7 comments:

  1. poor Cheryl..i wish her a speedy recovery and good luck with Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pray Cheryl heals and that her pain subsides soon. Hope all goes well when you set those boundaries with Tracie. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear about Cheryl's setback. Hoping she feels better soon. Sending prayers her way.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about more problems.......
    Don't forget to take care of YOURSELF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Cheryl, I wouldn't want to be in a hospital. Anywhere. Hope she feels better soon.
    Good luck with Tracie m/f.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about poor Cheryl but your day seemed better than usual, or at least a little calmer! I love the new look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear Cheryl has had such a rough time after her surgery. Praying for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you