and it's four days til Christmas. I've been assured that today it will be "moveinable." Baseboard, touch ups and closet door will get done. As Jill said this morning...if not...we can use that empty room to throw a tree
up. ;0)
Already I am so disappointed in the way that contractor designed the addition. IF only one window had to be large enough for a fire fighter to fit through ...then why did he put those two less than regulation windows in the front ? The windows that were there before were not as tall and a chest of drawers fit under them.
Why didn't he space them further apart??? Could have added shutters to dress up the front of the house if he had. sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Pick,Pick,Pick......PICKY!
Like all this shit will matter once I'm dead and gone !!! A new owner will most likely tear it down and build a huge half a mil house on this 100 by 125 sq ft lot . These homes that were once summer cottages around me ( with less land ) now have been torn down and huge two story homes sit where they once were.
It's happening all over my area. I still wonder at who can afford those huge homes and the utilities and taxes that go along with it. When hubby bought this house back in 1961 the mortgage was $69 a month. House cost $10,500. The highest the mortgage got was $165 a month before it was paid off.
I know...Pick your jaw up off of the floor.
Often I wondered how...others were managing to buy a home even before this economy got in a MESS.
Get this....hubby even rented it out for a year after he divorced and charged the people ( he knew them ) JUST THE AMOUNT OF THE MORTGAGE. I shit you not!
He was constantly having to make repairs and unplug toilets that their kids stopped up with toys and toothbrushes. Same with the washer hose drain. Match box cars were in it. Ruined all the flooring and we had to replace the kitchen and bathroom floors before we moved in. They left tons of rubbish...they just tossed bags out the door to the side of the house and only when the weather warmed enough to thaw the snow and ice was hubby able to free it and take it to the dump. We had a DUMP back then, now it's fenced off containing hazardess waste. sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Two times we had to have the roach man come and spray before we could move in. The stove was infested with them too.
Okay ...I have better things to do then go on about that!
I'm not showered and dressed. It's 10:10 and we have chiropractor appointments at 11:40.
LATER!
Scrapped going to the chiropractor. I'll suffer for it.
It's 5:30 ...Tracie just came. Jill cooked macaroni,tomatoes and cheese and I could NOT pass it up. Ate two cereal bowls full and could have put away more. I like it THAT MUCH.
Didn't think that Tracie was coming this late. Hell...even if I was sure she would be here I couldn't pass that meal up. I shit you not!
Randy has the radio blaring in that EMPTY ROOM. Earlier today he mentioned that he had laundry and dishes to do. Asked him why his girlfriend Debbie wasn't doing them if she is home all day. He told me she doesn't know how to and in that same breath he said, even if she did I'd be doing the dishes and laundry after she did them. I'm just that way.
He is so Anal Retentive. Dang...why didn't I find me one of those guys? ;0)
He apologized to me for the way he behaved yesterday. Under Alot of Stress. He is the one that recommended that contracor and he is trying to make things good by me. Like tell me about it.
He did stop on his way here at a court and got me the papers I need to file for small claims court. I wish I knew what I was doing as far as just how much more money this has cost me and how I word the less than stellar materials he used. Oh well....at least I have time to think on it. No rush.
I'm trying to listen to Tracie over that radio and it isn't working out. sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Michelle called earlier and she is coming to watch X FACTOR with her dad as she has in past weeks so I can step out. I'll just have to watch Tracie eat tonight. ;0)
Jill and the WB went out to eat minutes ago. Earlier while she was out Gil told me that the ring that he bought her is platinum and has lots of diamonds and a big stone. Next time she and I are alone I am going to tell her that if she accepts it, she better start doing something for him...like do his laundry AT HIS PLACE and clean his house. I shit you not!
Will take my leave so I don't appear so rude and do a few things before I leave.
That's All Folks!
The ramblings of a mom of 9 by her KIDS that are STILL making her climb walls ,even as adults. Said I DO 3xs and I WANT OUT 2 xs. Have learned there is no such thing as a Rose Garden. My motto is Life Is Too Short To Be Miserable. When the bad outweighs the good it is time to shit can em. Laugh with me or at me, welcome to my world.
I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )
Hey, you are paying for this. You have every right to expect a job done that you are satisfied with. These guys sure have put you through it...like you need anymore stress in your life. Seems as if they don't take pride in their work...like our movers.
ReplyDeleteMary
He's bought her an engagement ring? This cannot be good, I'm a fortune teller I see fireworks in your future. ;)
ReplyDeleteYes I agree if you are paying for this you should have it exactly as you want it.
Hope you find somewhere to put that tree m/f.
And yay the comments thing suddenly lets me post as myself and not anonymous!
ReplyDeleteI hope in spite of everything you will have a nice Christmas ♥
ReplyDeleteMy goodness. The floor looks nice? Does that help at all?
ReplyDelete((hugs))
well the floor looks beautiful..
ReplyDelete