I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Thursday, March 03, 2011

D D What was I thinking

Shame on moi!!!
Was only thinking about myself yesterday.
Not my DIL Deb who runs me here there and everywhere and to visit hubby too.
Not my son Sonny that runs me here there and everywhere and to visit hubby also.
Not my grandson LJ that gave up his bedroom for us.
They have made sacrifices and I'm sure it TAKES A BITE OUT OF thier day and life too. sigh!


Today is my son Larry's birthday. :0) 
Didn't think I'd find time today to write.

Hubby had a note/letter from social services telling him that Medicare pays for EVERYTHING for twenty days and after that he/I will have to pay a $154.50 A DAY co-payment.
I told him when that day comes I will hit him on the forehead and say HEALED! I shit you not!
By Hook or by Crook he will be out of there by March 18th and have P.T. paid by Medicare at home. ;0)
I spoke to administration regarding this and he said I could pay an attorney $300 that he knows and get more days for hubby payed.  I THINK NOT!!!!!!
So tomorrow I will tell P.T. to BEGIN to concentrate on his legs and not his damned arms.
It's not his arms that have been effected by this week of a hospital stay. 
That is all that they have been working on.  I shit you not!
He doesn't like most of the foods they have been bringing at meal times. Won't eat it. I took a bite of the red potato cubes at lunch. Liked it!  I took a pinch of meatloaf and liked it too.  I'm sure the mixed veggies were edible too.  Definately not home cooking, BUT EDIBLE.
I hear from him " well you eat it then." 
Missed his supper tray. Heard from him the carrots were full of sugar, the chicken was horse shit and he ate the peach cobbler and sent the rest back.
The meal was turkey, mashed potatoes with gravy and glazed carrots and I'm sure it was edible too.  sigh!
I can only take him out for 4 hours on any given day. Medicare Rules.
Sunday we think we will get him to the OutBack and maybe home here for a short while. If all goes well that's our PLAN.
There is NO P.T. on the weekends.  Do-able. ;0)
    So much for my surprise to him of another month in Florida. Now he will just think that I had no choice in the matter. sigh!   Looks like that surprise Bit me In The Ass.  I shit you not!

I sound like a broken record.  Keep telling his care takers/nurses that he was on a pain med 4 x's a day and from the get go he has only been getting it twice a day.
This morning I mentioned it to DIL Deb again and she told me that I can demand they call his attending doctor about it. 
She said if he don't complain they take it as his pain is under control.
I ask him if he is in pain and always get yes for an answer. When I ask why he don't complain he claims he does and they don't listen to him.
That's my problem too. I take authorities word as LAW.  Never question it and accept it. sigh!

Still haven't notified Social Security of his W.C. increase.  Just thought of that. sigh!
My mind is in fifty directions.  I shit you not!
Weighing heavy on my mind is that hole my son Randy made behind where my refridgerator sits.
This MUST BE repaired  before I get home or my anxiety level will be off the charts waiting for hubby to find out about it and have a CONIPTION FIT.  
Which reminds me....maybe today would be a good day to tell him we had to replace the refridgerator.
;0) One less shock when he goes through our front door.  I shit you not!

Going to go visit him at noon when I know he is in his room for lunch. Will talk to P.T. before I leave there if they are out for lunch when I get there. 
Meanwhile....things to get done. 
Have I mentioned I sleep with my bedroom window wide open.  Gets down into the fifties at night and one blanket is all I need to sleep comfortably. Poor me...huh! ;0)

That's All Folks!

6 comments:

  1. all these things going on and you still have a sense of humor...i always say , if i didn't laugh i would cry. Better to laugh i guess. I hope he'll be OK to fly home and that hole gets fixed :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure hubby will enjoy Outback. That institutional food, as good as it may be, gets to you sooner or later. What a vacation you are having! I feel so bad.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww Hon, we all do that... think first about self... A lot of the time... You are allowed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Good to hear about the payment, for hubby's stay. Plus, this [his being hospitalized, etc.] takes care of "why" you are staying longer in FL. But wow, is he getting a shitty vacation, hu? All that nice weather, and he gets to sit in a hospital-like facility. Yuck...

    Gentle hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there and don't feel bad for thinking about yourself a little. No one else does!

    ReplyDelete
  5. keep laughing ..it's some times the only thing that will keep you from killing someone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another month... weather in the 50s... Oh, how will you deal? :)

    ReplyDelete

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you