I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

D D I am not a happy camper

I know my husband is one of a hundred and twenty ( my son asked how many patients were in this place ), but wearing the same clothes he was admitted in at 10 a.m. today is not acceptable.
He had four sets of clean pajamas in his closet, placed there yesterday by me.
Lunch came for his room mate and nothing for him.
Twenty minutes later I asked a nurse where his food was and she called the kitchen.
If I wasn't there he would probably still be waiting for his food. sigh!
He still hasn't had a SHOWER.  You get a shower two days out of a week.  What his two days are... I know not of.  sigh!
If any one reading this has a loved one in a rest home/rehab....I'm sorry if this upsets you.
His bed is made daily and the room and floor is very clean.  That's as far as I will go with accolades. I shit you not!
They are still bringing him 2% milk, even though he is lactaid intollerant.  sigh!
He used it with his cereal this morning and said he will wait and see if he gets the shits from it.
I asked the lady that brought his dinner to him to take it away and bring him some juice.
Left before she brought it to him...IF she brought it to him. 
Three and a half hours and I wanted OUT of there.  
Between their incompetency and his grumbling at me I had had enough!
Will I go back tonight????? Depends on how tired I feel and what my son and DIL's plans are.
Do I want to see more.or do I want to wait until noon tomorrow after his P.T. to go?????
    Saturday DIL DEB has a wedding to attend on the other side of the state. A 3 hour drive or better.
She asked me when I first arrived if I wanted to go with her and I said yes and I will. 
Will either see hubby before or after I go.  It's going to be a longgggggg day something tells me.  sigh! 
 The wheelchair and pad they have him use hurts his ass and I would like to bring him his own.
Deb says they are notorius for having things like that coming up missing.  sigh!
What to do...what to do ??? His ass is boney.  
   I'm thinking about asking if I can take him out Sunday ( I see other patients coming and going ).
If I see much more, I just might keep him home.
Deb says I can call a social worker and get him moved if I want.
Le'ts see what the next few days bring. 
 I wouldn't want to be in his shoes or 2 days old pajamas for nothing..
I did change him and set him up to shave.  Every day when he is home he showers . It may take him ten times longer than I, BUT HE DOES IT BY HIMSELF!   :0)

That's All Folks!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you all have to go through this... i hope he can get out of there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sad state of affairs. And scary too.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my friend, it breaks my heart to hear this. Poor hubby...and poor you. Get some rest. You are running yourself ragged.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you