I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Sunday, September 05, 2010

D D That's the way I like it ...uh huh..uh huh

I wasn't letting anyone rain on my parade yesterday.
Hubby tried a few times.
While he was napping and before Jill left for work I sent her for Chinese food.
Thought I was doing something good. sigh!
GaiPooLoMein.  We have eaten that numerous times and like it very much.
Complaint:
I haven't eaten breakfast yet.

Answer to that was coffee, cookies, banana, pear.

Complaints:
This chicken is like sand.
The ham is old.
They did a lousy job on this today.

My comment back was: I'm having no problem eating any of it .

After cleaning up I posted a Do Not Disturb sign on the front door, took the phone off the hook and took a long nap. :0)

Earlier I had ironed.  :0(   Am I the last of the iron clothes generation?
Got myself a table top ironing board and it works just great for shirts that need touch ups and pants that need a crease. Some materials just don't look good from the dryer to the person.  I shit you not!
I save up a dozen or so pieces and when I feel ambitious I tackle the job.
How did other generations do it?  The ones without an electric iron. 
No conveniences on many things we take for granted now.............thinking back to those pictures we sometimes see of the women with stern faces and no smiles one can only imagine why.
Plus being squished into a corset.  I get it now!  I'd have a face that spoke loud and clear...if looks could KILL!
Would love to get a peek at what there will be to make housework even more easier after I'm gone.
Bet I'm not the only one that has had that wish. :0)

Tracie called after 8p.m. asking me if I wanted to go to a fair with her today.
Hubby made some negative comment about her crawling out of her den when he saw who was calling on our tv screen.  It's true she has her days and nights mixed up. She has no one to answer to and can do it.
I declined.  It's a Craft Fair and I have no room for anything else. Can't display all I have as it is... sigh!
Printed her out a coupon to save a dollar off admission and walked out in the driveway to give it to her.
Watched skunks cross the road from neighbors yards to my yard. 
The word must be out. Easy Touch!   Smorgasborg at this house.    I shit you not!
Knew all those skunks were not just under my shed.
More time spent on my feet ....close to an hour...standing in a driveway 
Might just has well said yes and spent that time walking around fair booths.
Know Tracie means well and is trying to get me out of the house. She tells me so.
Told her I would consider going to the Topsfield Fair which runs from October 1 thru October 11.
On a week day when less people will be there.
I do enjoy looking at items people made and have entered it myself and won ribbons.

This is a toddler afghan I designed and made in pimary colors.
This one is in the attic, but have made and sold many.












This is the same afghan only made in baby colors and to fit a crib.












Bathroom tissue paper dolls in gowns I designed.












A better closeup picture












My booth at a Craft Fair in town some years back.
This is a picture of the same sweater I am making for Ryu.    His is in a darker blue. Can't get this Bernat yarn anymore. :0(
Same pattern for a girl ...again in a lovely color by Bernat that i can't get anymore. Discontinued.

I keep one bootee as a guide to follow.
Won a blue ribbon for these in 1961 at the LosAngeles County Fair.
Entered the same pair minus the lace in 1960 and got a red ribbon for 2nd prize. Those were my boy's and the others I made for my girls.
Frills win. :0)
Knit with fine baby yarn and a size 0 knitting needle.
Now you can't even find these trims to sew on a bootee. :0(

Have made so many things.....key word is HAVE.  I'm not kicking these things out like I once was. :0(

More time and I have less time. Go figure!  I'm embarrassed to say...I can't!
Shame on me.

My next door neighbor Jane is a knitter and she makes and sells alot.
Over the years we have shared patterns. I have turned her on to computer sites such as Ravelry.
She takes orders and some she donates to her church for Christmas Fairs.
While I have sold...I prefer to make and put away for the great grands now.

Hope once I post this the pictures will enlarge when you click on them.


Nice cool weather today. Just 58 degrees at 10:45 a.m.  Was downright cold last night.
Things to do...call in hubby's prescriptions, shower and get out of my own way :0) to name a few.
Outback.... maybe. I'll wait awhile to ask. Don't want any rain on my parade before I can help it.
Just snapped a picture of the my moose  chihuahua Ginger in her bed by my computer.
Where I am, she wants to be. ON a PILLOW...I shit you not!
When I get up...so will she.  She will join hubby in bed if I am not sitting or lying down.
That's All Folks!





1 comment:

  1. your work is exquisite...you deserved every award or ribbon...your chihuahua is like my Dane, they call them velcro dogs and the name surly fits

    ReplyDelete

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you