Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet as the grands say.
Picked another 3 cukes today.
Yesterday was another humid day.
Got warm inside too.
Hubby refused to eat at the supper table with Butchie sitting there.
I didn't push it!
"Not eating with him there", he says like a bratty stubborn kid would do.
When I brought him his plate of spaghetti he told me I had put to much on it.
Eat what you want and I'll toss the rest to the skunks, I told him.
Guess what......he ate every efffin bite on his plate.
Jill made the supper. She and Butchie did the dishes up. It was a nice domestic scene.
I shit you not!
Made my way out to the shed as soon as I posted. Trolling motor and battery charger are there. Phew!
Thought they would be, but we also have sons with boats, so anything is possible.
When the boys were teenagers ,hubby's tools use to go the way of socks in the washer. ; 0 )
Now you see them.....now you don't.
Just when I am getting hopeful that Jill is serious about changing her life around, hubby is being an ass.
Today I saw a different Jill. She had never showed interest in Butchie's daughter Alex, but she took her to the store with her to shop for groceries. Made her a snack.
Overheard her tell someone that she has never put anything into a relationship in the past 5 years, but now she is going to.
Told me that they talked about him resigning his position at the Moose because that requires him to be at the Moose for some hours once a week. Told him she would just end up going to the V and drink with her friends after awhile.
Butchie went to a wake for an hour or so before supper. Jill actually pressed his shirt and suit.
That in itself is a LEAP in the right direction. She doesn't like to iron and had none when she was married.
As close to an iron she wants to get is the gold iron charm she wears on a chain given to her by her cousin/uncle as a joke between them.
This young man was the son of someone he was in an relationship with for 6 years, beginning when he was 11....... looked both ways and stepped in front of a train.
27 years old. Sad........Was cremated.
Mass this morning at 9 .... St.Theresa's Church here in town.
She jsut showered and HE.has me on edge. If he is in the shower when hubby wakes and needs to use the toilet.............
Once again.,I left something out of my post yesterday. When the storm clouds were overhead, I stepped out of the A/C to lower umbrellas and batten down the hatches, so to speak.
U Hoo ... I hear u hoooooo. Tracie with her house keys and a bottle of Sprite in her hands. Looked like she planned on staying awhile. sigh! It began sprinkling and there she sat never making a move.
Ased me if I remembered the leak she saw on her ceiling that had been dripping on her floor in her apartment. Sure did. That same leak had been dripping in her closet and her clothes, blankets and pillows.......awere all moldy and smelling. No apartment insurance. Could not call the managers office until she cleaned boxes and boxes of stuff she has piled up. Told me she planned on having her mom's car towed to her apartment and then she would fill it chock a block full. If still not enough shit out to make it presentable she would have to bring it back to her mothers.
Wasn't anyting that I could do to help her. Except sympathise with her.
Didn't think she would ever get up to go.......sigh!
Wellllllllllllllllllll, if that don't suck!
Lost alot of what I had written.
I don't want to go there again..I shit you not!
It will be surfice to say hubby still is hot under the collar.
Jill and Butchie headed out to the funeral and I grabbed some quick pic's.
I see alot of myself in this daughter. There was a 6 year relationship.between Butchie and this young man's mother. She will be with him for support.
See that white house with the red shutters.
That is the house hubby's ex lived in with her mom and step dad.
I took care of her mother in her declining years. Continued our friendship with Harold once Margarite passed away and also made his wedding cake and attended his wedding to a sweet lady by the name of Alice.
All our kids were invited too.
Alice passed away and we went to her funeral down the Cape. She was buried with her 1st husband.
Harold passed away some years later and was buried with his wife, here in our town.
Life is for the living! : 0 ) RIP
While I'm at it I will hunt up that pic of my ex from the town of West,TX .
Maybe yellowdoggranny; Jackiesue's friend will remember him from school.
West High 1953 1954
Now this damned thing won't let me preview my blog before I post it. Was going to ask what else could happen or go wrong.
Won't go there either! I shit you not!
Well, I'm showered and dressed ...shorts and a T shirt.
A granddaughter is flying to CA later in the day and is coming by to say bye.
Jessica is ....where the hell did I put my date book. BRB
found my date book......was 23 in March ....: 0 )
She's an RN and is going to CA with no one there to meet her...will take a cab to a hotel and search the newspaper for lodging and a job.
These kids nowadays are something else. Embarking on a journey that I would have never dreamt of doing even at the age I am now. San Diego,CA I believe is her destination.
I have a lifelong friend ( well 16 was ages ago ) in Chula Vista, which is right next door.
Wouldn't dream of asking Dolly and Scotty to put her up.
They had 2 children.....a son in 1953 and a daughter 2 years later. Visited them and held her in my arms a few days before she died of crib death. sigh!
Their son and my oldest are the same age. They are enjoying their Golden Years as they should be.
Daughter Cheryl called me yesterday to tell me what they spent the money I gave them for Trevor on.
He didn't want the newest DS out like I thought he might. Dad took him to WalMart and let him pick.
Lego kits, a Lego book for $21.95 that Cheryl flipped out at her hubby over . She tells me that she was surprised at how much he is learning from that book. Trevor is building all kinds of things that she never imagined he could learn from a book. I've mentioned before that Trevor is Autistic.
Cher felt guilty that the monies went for something other than what I thought he would like. Told her.no problem. As long as he's happy, I'm happy.
They took him to the beach the next day and he told everyone he was having a 2 day weekend birthday. : 0 )
They wanted to buy him a bike with some of the money too, but once Dana put him on one, he noticed that one of his feet turned out and he couldn't place it on the pedal right. Taking him to the doctor about that.
Speaking of feet. While drying myself after my shower I happened to notice the nice black and blue on my left foot. Three toes wide and extends 2 inches up on the top of the foot.
| My Ouchie! Okay Pity party is over! |
SOB now hubby is asking me for a ball peen hammer so he can try to go out and chip some cement away from a cement brick that has moved into the front hose handle. Tells me that Butchie borrowed a few last winter to break ice up on the roof. That's what I get for telling him that I scrape my knuckles trying to turn the water on out front. I shit you not!
Going hunting in that same shed as yesterday.
UR not getting off that easy!
This was the project.
this is hubby in the chair I ran for
Did lots of gophering. Guess what! he was the one that was gonna pass out. I shit you not!
Got him steady and ran for his wheelchair in his closet. Got back out to him and got him in it.slowwwwwwwwww, but steady. Pushed his ass up the ramp and into our room. Let him sit while I ran to put shit away. Gave up on finding the hose ( another CRS moment). oh. washers.
Got him into bed and brought him Pedialyte to drink.
Now the light headedness is passing and he feels nauseas.
All the while I was saying under my breath.........efffin stubborn Irishmen over and over.
Now this is something that Butchie could do.
My hair and clothes feel soaked. 84 degrees and 48% humidity. I shit you not!
Okay another Pity Party ended................sigh!
I've got nothing accomplished, but at least I won't get my knuckles scraped again. ; 0 )

Too hot for you to be out there puttering around. You know, you wrote something here that I can identify with. You spoke about Butch being in the shower and feeling on edge that hubby might want to use the bathroom. My elder son has been staying with us, and believe me, he is such a help I don't want him to go. Hubbie has no qualms about him being there....usually. But, hubbie gets annoyed when he has to use the bathroom and my son is in the shower. I know that edgy feeling.
ReplyDeleteMary
your Daughter is a pretty lady...i don't envy you the being on edge thing, i know the feeling well. I use to be the buffer between my boys and my husband and i know it can be very stressful
ReplyDelete