sigh! The winner of the $11,700 last night wasn't moi.
The Moose Club was filled to capacity. Even members were turned away at the door.
Some not so happy campers of which I am sure, especially where guests get signed in.
A non member won the money.....was signed in by his girlfriend and after winning he promptly filled out an application for membership.
Myself....I was on my 3rd pass .....and by all rights if I want to continue going there, I need to become a member. 3 pass rule. What's right is right......although many others are still getting a free pass.
Jill was happy for the young man that won. She says he is a sweetheart. Was a pudgy kid that has worked hard at exercizing to trim his weight and body down. Always pleasant and smiling..
Justin has occasionally worked with her catering and his brother Jordan donated part of his lung to our Michelle's husband's nephew.
Last night was definately a long night for moi. Felt just like I went to my old bingo stomping ground, except you can buy an alcoholic beverage at the Moose.
We had to get there an hour and a half before the Meat Drawing even began..got the last table and only because Jill's friends ( that hubby can't stand) DeeDee and Tom had saved it for us.
Long story short.......I'm glad the money was won and I'm sure others are too.
Too funny. I am in the mirrored headboard. That's one way of getting in a picture when you are taking it. 
This is our granddaughter Jessica with an R.N. after her last name. . Came maybe 20 minutes after her Papa's near mishap in the front yard. Lo and behold, Chula Vista was where she was going to yesterday.Couldn't find something affordable in San Diego.
Leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again
Kids need to spread their wings, but mothers can't help but worry.
Papa asked her not to fall in love and marry out there. Wouldn't get to see his great's often.
Today the lovebirds are both working. According to Butchie the other day when he was painting a rosy picture..............he was going to crack open the books to study for the rank of captain beginning today and when the next time that test will be available to take, he will be ready for it.
Sounds all well and good...........would be more money in his paycheck..........it's just different things that I have been picking up on that gives me concern.
For instance............last night. They both drank before they went to the Moose. True it was at home, but c'mon. They relaxed out on the deck after the gravesite ceremony ........didn't go to his ex girlfriend's house for the gathering back there..would be too awkward and uncomfortable Jill said. Cherie has married .
Understandable.
They bought me 3 fuzzy navels...........Moose manager still hasn't ordered my apricot brandy and probably never will. Me thinks it's just not a big seller. Confidentially....if only one customer came into my establishment one or two times a month...neither would I. : 0 ) I shit you not!
As for Butchie and Jill, they had at least 5 rum and cokes and when the guy that won the big money wanted to buy a drink for the entire bar..........we had to stay for it. sigh!
Two sips on mine and I had had enough. Wasn't feeling the alcohol....was feeling bloated.
During this time I see Butchie playing Keno........Heard her tell him on the way home he had spent too much money.........needs to cut back on the gambling.
BUT ..............the bigger warning bells went off in my head when at some point during the night ...and I can't remember the conversation, but it was while Butchie was away from the table. She said she can't give me a quarantee that their relationship will lead to marriage. She is going to give it 100% and it's up to him as to whether he makes changes in his life as to if she will marry him.
Scuze moi....what happened to " we are getting married:???
As we were retiring for the night last night, hubby asked if they were BOTH here. Told him yes.
He replied, " looks like he is still living under my roof."
As of last night.....he still had a roof over his head 7 miles or less away. Bank has not started to repo it. It's only a mtter of time though and more time before a moving van shows up at your door with a constable. While I totally agree with Jill that she shouldn't marry him without him making some changes in his life as well as herself....all the while I'm thinking, " Am I willing to possibly end my marriage over something that is not a GIVEN." ???????????
One week later the Trial Lawyers College hasn't replied to my question, nor have they sent the law to my door or the men in little white coats to take moi away. ; 0 )
In my next email I'll send them one of the newspaper articles on the ex SIN from Hell.
You knew there would be a next email .................didn't you! ; 0 )
Just figure I will save them some investigation time, if they are inclined to investigate. If not, I've spoken my mind on rewarding dead beat parents and felons with a Free Internship.
When I asked if it would be used......she told me, either way... if staying here or moving, as I will most likely keep a guest bedroom..........she will nail it to the wall where it can be seen behind the bed.
whatever........and spray painted a brown tone.
Like when you ask moi..............whenever I get around to it. LOL
Ornamental Grass. These are a no care plant and comes back bigger and better year after year.
Wish I had more varieties.
Snapped these pic's while waiting for hubby to chip off the cinder block yeaterday.
Looking at these last two pictures, I'm sure those few downpours last night were most welcome to them.
Randy just called. Has been wanting to take my car to his residence and clean and spit shine it.
Does this once a year for me, but presently I'm not ready to give it up for a few days.
He likes to take his time doing things. DIL Kim needs to borrow Jill's car while hers is in the repair shop and Jill will need to use mine next week . I need mine Sunday to go to my aunts 90th birthday party.
Will she ever be surprised ........sent her card and gift. Got my thank you from her yesterday. She says in her mind she doesn't feel like 90. Hope we all can say that someday. ; 0 )
Think I will go put fresh water in the bird baths and look at the fruits of my labor in the garden.
No sooner get that thought and hubby says, " hey, the birds need seed."
Guess that's what 43 years of togetherness does for ya. I shit you not!
That's All Folks!
Jess and Michelle look like sisters. Wish you had won the big prize, but who knows what the future will bring.
ReplyDeleteMary
lucky Birdies :)...i don't foresee a wedding either
ReplyDeleteI'm a winner just by getting out of the house let alone to a bar Mary. :0)
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking you are onto something there Gabi.
(((hugs))) to you both for your comments.