I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Dear Diary More of these days/nights needed.

Got the back shed to where you can get into it..Finding things will be easier...... Intended to pull some weeds , but didn't feel like getting down on the ground. Getting harder to get myself up to a standing position. Hell to get old.
Took a nap at 12:30...  the rest felt good.  Showered...then took hubby to the chiropractor. Left him there while I ran for one of his medications at a local V.A. Clinic.  Laughing to myself as I forgot where I was going on the way back home and turned up the road we live off of instead of going straight another 1/10 th of a mile.
Wasn't the 1st time and won't be the last either..haha. Will keep that to myself.
Moi worked at this chiropractic office for 15 years. Loved my job...always said if I won the lottery, I would still work there.  Retired from there at age 62 as hubby's health was failing even more to be left alone. Going back to when I was 22ish my right leg was in terrible pain. Began near my heel, eventually it was my entire leg. Hurt worst to sit instead of stand. Just thinking back to that pain..I HURT!  Laying down was no better. Pregnant with my 7th child ( you read that right! )  ( 7 babies, all single births in 7 years & 11 months.) I sought medical help. LOL you are thinking I should have seen a physiciatrist. No ???????  The DX:  slipped disc in the lower spine, L4,L5... That's the words the doctor used in 1960. Slipped disc.... Chiropractic terminology is herniated disc. The surgeon I saw set me up for surgery ( fusion ) after I delivered my 7th child . Some neighbor in CA ( can't remember the name or if he or she )  told me about chiropractors. Was a foreign word to me.  Found one I could walk to as ex #2 used our 1 auto for work. Got a babysitter. Began chiropractic care & to this day have not had back surgery. Cancelled that surgery, I shit you not!  Oh, not that moi hasn't done many stupid things over the years.  Like move a refigerator before they had rollers on them, lift anything heavy without properly bending my knees.. I HAVE!
Needed adjustments after each foolish thing I did.
Now, let me tell you this......the next best thing to being married to a chiropractor is working for one. I shit you not!
Adjustments for employees are FREE.  My employers are a husband & wife. They have extended this courtesy of free adjustments to me for life. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Which reminds me, I need an adjustment.... lower back is nagging me. I should know better than anyone that maintainance care 1x a month would catch a problem in the beginning before it takes more than a few adjustments to correct a spinal subluxation.
Finding time for myself isn't my forte'.  getting adjusted when I take hubby there would be the sensible thing to do...but no I run to JoAnn Fabric for yarn or some other goody, grab a few groceries another time or like today, run for med's.  Pity Party, anyone???
   Jill has to work from 5 to 7p.m.tonight . Works for her sister, Kid#9 Michelle & Joe her husband. They own a catering business. Asked her to take food and set up a buffet table some place.  Business, as it is everywhere... is slow.  During the winter it's always been slow, but this year it was really noticed.  Jill is a food server at functions that are booked thru them & also has worked preparing foods in their place of buisiness.
Working 1,2,3 or no days a week gives her alot of FREE time if you get my drift. Her usual 8 hour shift if she works, turns into plus more hours of ( socializing time ),   if the bars are still open when she gets done working.
     Thursday the 15th of April. 10:02 a.m.
Wondered why Logan wasn't in and out the front door with his friends last night. He went to work with mom. Would have been nice if I had been told earlier.  He was amazed to see that all the food  had been prepped before she loaded it  into the work van. She explained to him that someone else did that.. wasn't bought that way.   Cheryl the woman that prepares alot of the food makes yummy chocolate chip cookies. He ate his fill..lol  Were back home at 7:30 with Wendy's food, she changed  into pj's while Logan did some reading.  Hubby and myself ate Wheaties. Need to cut back on caloric intake anyway. It's  become a habit of late to eat cereal for the evening meal once a week.
Not too long after she came home, Butchie showed, . They stayed in...no new or opened rum bottle in the cabinet over the stove. Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!
      Michelle lost her mother after a 2 year battle with lung cancer last October 24th. She lovingly cared for her in every respect including staying in her home. After she passed away, she washed and dressed her in a clean nightie. Peggy had been a recovering alcoholic for almost 25 years. Met her 3rd husband in a meeting soon after she joined AA. He has faltered along the way and was addicted to both booze and drugs.
Before she passed he began using both again and met the woman he just moved in with. Michelle is having a hard time dealing with it. Can't blame her. Her home life as a child was seeing her mom drunk, then her mom & 1st step dad drunk, her parents divorced when she was 3. Peggy had 2 children with my hubby, 3 with her 2nd hubby & like us..none from the 3rd marriage. Both of hubby's kids came to live with us over time.. His son never went back. Michelle felt the need to be with mom to help her with her siblings. Then one day she confided in Jill whom she is close to that her step dad was molesting her. Not once..many times.. Jill came to me .  Peggy was still an alcoholic then ... my phone call to tell her that Michelle wanted to live with us and the reason why was met with " you're a fucking liar!"  Peggy stayed with her ex more years.  The siblings have never been told... Michelle don't want them to know ..it would ruin the closeness they have with their father, she has said. They are in their late 30's into the 40's & have children of their own now.
She has had councilling, been hospitalized a few times over the years....did confront Kevin and I was told he apologized to her and said he was drunk at those times..don't remember doing it..   Moi won't go there, except to say....don't they all.  Now Michelle is covering for step dad #3 so her brother, half's ,2 daughters, nieces & nephews  don't look at him in a different light.
Moi is thankful that Kevin was out of the picture before there was graduations & weddings.
Over these past 25 years or so we along with hubby's ex have all been to events at kid#8 and 9's homes, their mother's home or elsewhere. It was in the kids best interests to put things aside.
The last 6 months before her mom passed were awful for her.. she would come here and collapse into her father's arms crying. To have known that Gary was drinking, using drugs & had a girlfriend just added to her grief. Keeps saying, " he couldn't even wait until my mom passed away." As they sat outside the room where Peg was undergoing chemo 6 months prior, he told Michelle he hadn't loved her mom for awhile.. "just what I needed to hear as my mom lay behind that door having chemo," were her words to me.
Humbling..... Compared to my issues that I write in here about, it is......
We attended Peg's wake. Would not even make eye contact with Kevin...did not know at that time what Gary was up to .
   Peg grew up across the street from the house I am in now...This was once the house that my hubby & Paggy owned together for a few years. It never bothered me to live in this house.... new mortgage with 9 kids plus higher interest and  mortgage payments or here with a 5 1/4 % interst , mortgage of $69. a month...no contest!!!
 In the late 60's ,Moi was asked by her mothers 2nd husband ( he raised Peggy ) if I wanted to earn a few dollars & care for his ailing wife and do some household chores for a few hours in the afternoon.... Until she passed away I cared for her, made bed, vacuumed, washed dishes, pretty much all the chores while he worked at Harvard as a janitor .Later we were guests of his & his 3rd wife both at their home down the Cape or they would visit us here. Harold was a good man.  Before I'd leave,  I would start supper for them.
The reason I mention all this is because this area is also where my hubby grew up . Rural, resdential now...was just a few cottages scattered around . Known as RiverPines back then. Woods, river,cows.
Lots of cows.There were farms everywhere. All dirt roads.. Alas..no more. .
Halloween everyone that grew up here tends to bring their kids & now their grands here to Trick or Treat.
Passing out 200 pieces of candy is nothing. I shit you not!
This below is where I am going with this:

My favorite memory of Peggy is when her grands both her/ my hubby's & her/ & 2nd husbands would come to this house to meet up before going out . She rang the doorbell..when I opened it she looked at hubby/her ex & said, " Hi, I'm here...dressed as your ex wife". Laughter erupted all around.
  Charlie was fed well at 6 a.m. by Jill. Since then he has been lurking in the back yard trying to catch a bird.
The ferrets had their OUT of cage time from 6:00 to 6:30 a.m. Makes it easier for me to wash their water holders and fill them, add fresh ferret food and clean the damned potty box. Will repeat it tonight.
At present all is well. Hubby is requesting oatmeal.... Can do!
That's All Folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you