I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Thursday, June 05, 2014

Dear Diary, I bit off more than I can chew! ISYN!


 
In my wildest dreams, when I woke on June 3rd,. I never dreamt that I'd be a temporary mom to four Chihuahua puppies.
One of Ed's grandsons works at a gym and also is a  Physical Therapist.
He became involved with an 86 year old man that had a houseful of pets that due to his failing health he can no longer care for. Was told he had huge tanks of turtles and frogs that homes have been found for by Tim. Has four cats and the parents of these pups. Pups were dehydrated and malnourished. Full of fleas. :0(  Jill and I got rid of the fleas for the most part and I will check for them daily.
He took them out of those conditions and called here knowing that his grandpa always had Chihuahuas and asked us if we wanted one. He lives in a small apartment and has an English bulldog and when I saw the pups and told him I would take all four and place them, the look on his face was one of RELIEF!
NOW, I have that same look of desperation on my face! ISYN!
NEVER, EVER would I have thought it would be so hard  find to find a good home for these babies.
I paid $350 for my Ginger 12 years ago and THAT was at a Flea Market and within days she had a terrible case of Kennel Cough and it cost a small fortune for vet bills to save her.
Yesterday I found out that they were born January 29th. The biggest weighs 5.6 , next 4.2, next 3.8, last 2.2.
Would I have loved to be offered one of these FREE 12 years ago. I shit you not!
No one that I know, wants one. :0(
Chihuahua Rescue to the rescue. :0)
Friday at 4 P.M. I will be turning over the 2 largest to them. Will drive to Lowell and meet the woman who will place them in foster homes in a parking lot after she leaves work.
God Bless these people that care for them! 
I have reservations about my age, but I am keeping the smallest and possibly the other. At least for now, I will try caring for the two.
NOW I KNOW why young people have babies and puppies. ;0)
Training them was once...no problem, but now......???  With four I have kept them gated in the laundry room and put down wall to wall puppy pads. Every once in awhile I climb over the gate and clean up poop and refresh their water and food. Bought Beneful for pups and they absolutely love it. :0)
The old Chihuahua does not like dog food, BUT is learning to. She seems fine with these pups too. :0)
BUT did poop and pee on the floor during the night :0(  and Ed did take her out doors before bedtime.
Had myself a work out cleaning up after 5 dogs this morning. ISYN! 
Ed did tell me that I had a big heart this morning, but last night he seemed a little down that the weekend camping would be delayed a day or so. Oh wellllllllllllllllllll.
I suggested today that he go by himself Friday and I will head the other direction and join him later that night.
He's all for it.  Has a load of wood he wants to bring up there. He loves his camp fires. ISYN!
He will take the older dog Oreo with him. :0)
What I haven't said to him is....depending on how tired I am, I may not join him Friday evening.
 
Now I need to get up off my arse and begin to love on them one by one. They love to kiss and interact with people which will make them easy to place. They don't take biters, I was told.
Later today a trip to Walmart for collars and dog bed and??? I'm sure I'll find something else. Have leashes and puppy pads. Spent a small fortune at Petco in NH the day I got them on portable fencing, toys, food, chew toys, tooth care stuff. Will scrub up my old pet carrier that mine liked to sleep in for the two I keep,  when I go home Friday.
Space is LIMITED in the motorhome.
It's going to be very interesting camping with 3 dogs. sighhhhhhhhhhh
I'm BEAT mentally just thinking about it! I shit you not!
Need to get them to a vet.....Petco clinic is open the 11th from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Have always used vets in my town, but damn...they are so expensive now. Still thinking about names. That's the least of my problems. I shit you not!
(((hugs)))
That's All Folks!
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. They are so sweet, and you are such a special person. Puppies can be a lot of work, but also can be the source of great joy. I've not had a dog in many, many years. My Miss Minga made sure of that. Wishing you all the best with these beautiful little fur babies.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God you do have your hands full, your either a saint or crazy women I haven't decided yet. I have one and I run all over the house yelling at him for chewing up another pair of shoes! Stinker I do love him but oh lord give me strength. All shoes go on dinning room table now. Yuk

    ReplyDelete

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you