I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Update

Gil was sent home in one week. His insurance ( his step mother carries him on ) doesn't pay but for one week. He could not advance to the next program of "recovery."
Now....the ones with Medicaid ( welfare insurance ) get another twenty days. Go figure!
He now has to find a doctor that his insurance coverage will pay for, who will give him a shot once a month ( to deter him from USING ), that costs $400 a month.
Welfare will pay for that shot. Go Figure! I can't, I shit you not!
I forget the name of it. I also forget the name of the med that he can take once he is rid of the methadone in his system ( which is 7 days after his last use.)
As far as I am concerned, we are "back to square one."
He was just called to work with my SIL the caterer today, so that $ will buy his cig's for a few days. Why he didn't stay off them after he was off them a week is beyond me. Same with the month that he was away some months back. Who knows...what makes us do the things we do..... sigh!

Jill is breaking out badly with her exema ( nerves.)  She has RX'd creams and is taking Benedril for the itching.
Was stressed out yesterday after spending days trying to get the forms to apply for food stamps amongst other things. Finally got them and filled them out and sent them in yesterday and now worries that she may have not filled them out correctly and there will be a delay in being approved.
She should have applied years ago. I've suggested it in the past. The urgency in my voice may have been her prompt this time. Who knows. I am just happy that she made an effort to lighten my expenses. Gil applied too.

Cheryl came to visit before I got home yesterday and she asked Cheryl to please not talk to her, ( no offense, not being rude ), but her mind was FULL. Cher is a Talker with a capital T. I shit you not!
She vacuumed my pool while she was here. Always helps out that way when she visits when the pool is open. :0)  She's a sun worshiper. :0( Did use my expensive sun lotion as she forgot hers, but better she get some use out of it than it to go bad sitting year after year in a closet. A few years ago, I thought I'd do "the tanning bed" scene and never got past 4 visits.

The reason for me being home is I have an appointment with my Primary doctor today at 10:30.
Yesterday I made the time for myself to visit my old boss and have him adjust me. It's been three months since I had had a chiropractic manipulation and I WAS PAST DUE! I neglect myself as you must know.
As for the Primary doctor, this visit is just a $$$ grabber as far as I can tell. She wants to see me every three months and holds my two RX's hostage. Only gives me my med RX for three months at a time, which is BULL SHIT! Either she puts me out to 6 months THIS TIME or I am going to change doctors. Paying my co-pay gets expensive. She best give me a good reason to see her every 3 months as I see NONE.  My B/P has been perfect for ages as is my cholestrol with the two meds she has me on. IN FACT, she once told me that once I lost my weight, I wouldn't need to be on a B/P med and reneged on that.

I miss Ed.
Sounds silly coming from a 76 year old, but I DO!
I've enhanced his life as HE MINE! :0)
It will be out one year anniversary the 12th. Where has the time gone???
My home feels foreign to me. It's not the same without my late husband being in it.
It's just walls and floors.  Sadly....I don't even feel his presense when I am here. :0(
In order to live A Full Life, one must move forward and I have found a good man in Ed. He makes me Feel Glad to be alive every day that I wake beside him.   Not that there hasn't been a few bumps, but on a scale of 100, 96% of the year has him a KEEPER! I shit you not!
He never yells or raises his voice, he never swears.
He is open to "talking things out"and we do, which is something new to me. :0)

Better get  a move on and begin my day. It's going on 9 a.m.
Things to do, places to go!

(((hugs)))

That's All Folks!




2 comments:

  1. Of course you miss Ed. You two appear to have a very special relationship, and I am so glad that he has made you happy. You're right. Jill should have applied for food stamps a long time ago, but I don't understand. Here in the city we have to apply in person because they need to make copies of all of our papers. You don't have to apply in person there? I'm just wondering as it would go quicker to do it in person and Jill would have had a worker to help her through the paperwork.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently here you can download the forms online and mail them in.
    To go there in person ....you will be waiting hoursssssss.
    Too many clients and not enough workers is and has been the case in a lot of fields.

    ReplyDelete

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you