I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Friday, May 18, 2012

D D The jury is out on this one

Haven't decided if shopping online is a blessing :0) or a curse :0(.
Joined Sams Club online and bought each of daughter Cheryl's three kids living at home, Trevor 11, Shayla 16,and Danny 31 new twin Serta matresses,boxsprings and frames. They will be shipped to her house.  Got all three alike....no favoritism shown there. ;0) They all need them, Trevor more than the others,  Cheryl and Dana's mattress set is sorely in need of replacing too, but that's another time.
That memory foam on their bed.....SUX/BLOWS! I shit you not!
Like Natalie , blogger of (In My Garden ) what hubby doesn't know,  doesn't hurt him. Keeps the peace.....figuratively speaking.  He seems to think that we CAN TAKE OUR MONEY WITH US!
WE can not do/go where we once could  .....so I see no problem spending our money when there is a need. . New roof was just put on. THAT and money salted away for a new heating system was always a GIVEN with us.  Does anyone save for the rainy days now?  They do come ............. sigh

. I did even less yesterday than I usually do. :0(  I'm lacking in something...........ambition is one of them. If someone would pay me for lazing around , I'd be a millionaire. :0)



Was out the door by noon. First stop was here in town at Burlington Coat Factory for markdown bras for Jill and I could not leave without checking out the baby department. Found some cute and reasonable things for Gavin. :0)
Then it was the bank ( on the same road ), then next door to the post office. Further up on the same road was the vets office. Stopped in to ask him now that Ginger has stopped coughing what was "the plan," He cut her down to just one Prednisone instead of one and a half. Tuesday he will call me and will most likely cut it down to a half pill, once a day. Further down the road was the jewelers. Got my watch out . The band is fixed as good as new.  Just feet further away is a meat store. Thought I'd be nice to hubby and get him a NY sirloin. He's always complaining that the markets meat is tasteless.
Chose a three quarter of a pound piece .  He still found fault. Too big and it still didn't have much taste.  What I sampled tasted damned good to me.  I say , his taste buds have deserted him.
All these errands were on a maybe three mile strip of road and still it took me two hours.  I didn't mind.;0) 

Son Michael, DIL Sally and grandkids James and Erinn came to visit just as I was feeding hubby. They took me out for my Mothers Day gift....guess what they were hunkering for???? Chinese food. I shit you not!
We all shared and had plenty left over of Gai Poo Lo mein which is another of my favorites, a pu pu platter and some fried rice.  James is 16. Will not eat Chinese food. For that matter he eats very little in the variety of food stuff. He's tall and painfully thin and is in the ZERO percentile in weight for his height. I have NEVER seen stretch marks across someones back every few inches up . It's looks like the rings inside of a tree. Cause ...from growing tall so fast. Erinn turned 13 yesterday and she only likes teriaki and sushi. I might mention...she is also tall and lean. The kids have always been light eaters. 
Had a very nice evening IF I DO SAY SO MYSELF! :0) I ATE! I shit you not!

It's closing in on ten thirty p.m.
Hubby has been pouring over four sheets of AirForce medals that I copied off the net for him some months back.  He lost his somewhere....most likely to the kids. Long story short , I just ordered them for him online, PLUS an Air Force t-shirt for Fathers Day. . Saw him looking at them again today. Think I ordered the right ones....if not...OH WELL! 

My eyes are closing. (((hugs)))

That's All Folks!

7 comments:

  1. Hope those grankids know how lucky they are to have you as their Nana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you had a good day, we are in for a beautiful long weekend, but unfortunately the dam mosquitoes are out in full force

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a lovely and generous person, and they're lucky to have you. An angel, that's it...

    At the absolute worst times in my life financially, there has always been help, sometimes from a completely unexpected source, and I am grateful for that. I've made it a rule for myself personally that if there is a real need I can fill for someone (preferably anonymously) then I will do it. Makes me feel wonderful.

    I hope your people are appreciative and someday pass it on. That's the best thing to do with a gift.

    (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wake up longing for it to be night again so that I can go back to sleep! Relax. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. I forgot to tell you. I really don't need to as you know me so well but......the waterford is still in the boxes where they will remain until I die probably. Gah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are an awesome Grandma and woman!

    ReplyDelete

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you