I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

D D Discombobulated

Thought I posted this last night ...this is OLD NEWS!  Shit happens like that! I shit you not!

Tuesday's POST

It's been one of those dazeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. My laptop went kerfooey and I can't figure out how to fill the online cruise registration. Get so far and loose it. Called the  800 number and the first time was disconnected. Second time I got so far with the online person helping me and she became a garbled voice. sighhhhhhhhhh :0(

Called son in FL and he told me how I might get back into my laptop.He was on his way out. Couldn't be of much help. . So I took the 'bull by the horns" and gave it a shot.  Boy...I'm living dangerously! ;0) Got my laptop running, but now have lost everything I had in it. booooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooo :0(
No favorites....no pictures....woe is me.

Tracie didn't show up last night.....at least I have one good thing to report. :0) 
Now I'm going to call the 800 number of the cruise line to get assistance filling out this boarding registration so i can print and take it with me as was requested.
Then I'm going to call my son about my laptop. 
It was corrupted...NEVER have I had that happen in the past.  sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This too shall pass....................(((hugs)))Pat

That's All Folks!

6 comments:

  1. Was it a virus on your computer? Middle Child told me to use Picasa to resize photos for emailing and boy I'm glad I did, it "grabs" every image off your computer and saves it, so when my hard drive crashed I didn't lose all my photos (I had two or so years worth on there and hadn't backed them up!)
    And....how come you can wear horizontal stripes and still look so slim in that photo up there? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ask your son to talk you through a system restore if it's possible..if it is nothing is lost.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows7/products/features/system-restore

    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ht/system-restore-windows-7.htm

    good luck ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. go back and restore it to the last day it was working right..and always make a back up disc every 2-3 months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, be sure to restore as Granny said. Don't make the mistake I did and jump the gun, pressing restore and bringing it back to the day I brought it home. What a mess that was trying to get back all the programs. After all, 5 years had passed. Who knows where discs went. Luckily Microsoft Word walked me through it and I did have discs for games I no longer play, but I lost my entire Family Tree Program.
      Mary

      Delete
    2. exactly, should have added that just to restore it to the last day or two or last good configuration :)

      Delete
  4. I just got a laptop. It hates me too. No matter what I try or how complimentary I am towards it or how lovingly I caress or dress it or things I buy for it.....wait! This sounds suspiciously like my relationship with my husband.

    ReplyDelete

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you