In filling out the pre registration sent to me by the cruise line, I discovered a "fly in the ointment."
It seems........I may have a problem with my name. :0(
Son registered me as Alyce....so what's wrong with that you ask??????????? Wellllllllllllllllllll ...for one thing....I wasn't counted in the census from the day of my birth 3-21-37 til 11of 1948.
Damned docotor that delivered me at home never registered my birth and not til after he died, did the doctor that took over his practice find my birth ? and send it on to the town hall.
In 1990 when I decided I wanted something OTHER THAN (female) as a name and went to Salem,MA to do something about it, did I get a name. NOT THE ONE that my parents gave me ( the one I never liked as a teenager ) but liked it as an adult. Oh noooo. All the clerk would agree to was a capital A. for my first name. I went by Patricia in school and THAT WAS THAT! A.Patricia.
Now IRS never gave a shit what name I filed taxes under !!!!!!!!! My drivers license reads: Alyce Patricia. The cruiseline wants BOTH forms of ID to read the same. UT OH!!!! So, I called the number given on line and was told...I NEED A PASSPORT! Both my drivers license and my birth certificate have to read the same......or I need a passport. Holy Crap! Now I need to run my ass up to the Town hall here to try to rectify the error that sorry ass doctor that delivered me MADE! sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
What would have happened if I tried to board that cruise ship? I shudder to think! :0(
SCRAP THAT idea! Passports ( first time passports) are not issued FAST! Called the town hall where was born and they agreed to send me a letter of explanation as to how my name...came about. I'll bring that to board ship and if that isn't satisfactory, I'll drive the car back to their house and spend my vacation watching the dogs. JUST MYSELF and the dogs...that should be a nice vacation. :0)
Maybe...I'm over re-acting. Maybe I have nothing to worry about. MAYBE!
Does my face look like the face of a terrorist?????????????????
Went to get a cortisone injection in my right arm today. Last shot, I was told. We shall see about that...but I'm hoping this third shot is the "charm." From there ...I was just a few exits away from New Hamphire and furniture stores. Looked in two. Geez...what's with all the DARK WOOD???????????????? My 80's taste is OUTMODED and the young like DARK, I was told. sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh What the hell is the matter with them...it shows dust.;0)
There was one set that I would consider. Needed to measure in my eating area and see if it would fit. It will! Corner benches, plus a few chairs. Bonded leather backs and seats.
Was told TODAY and TODAY ONLY... if I bought, I would get a good discount. hurmmmmph!
I'm going to live dangerously and go back tomorrow with Jill. ;0) She had an appointment in Boston with Logan, ( he has not healed and is oozing fluid , by the way ). Needs to be seen again a week from Thursday as she can't do Monday again. Son Gil has two appointments Monday. She was told to dilute peroxide with water and apply it 2xs a day and KEEP IT DRY when he showers. She don't feel up to more highway driving and this is the time of day when we have to compete with TRAFFIC and I want to watch The Batchelor from 8 to 10.....They close at 9p.m. Priorities, priorities!
I do like the set...BUT I didn't say that I love it. Either they give me that same deal tomorrow...orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr they don't want to sell a kitchen set that bad. With this style set it will be....stand in line, fill your plate and file into the booth from either end. Lucky person that has a single chair...gets to be.... the Gopherrrrrrrrrrrr ;0)
IF.... you were wondering or are wondering if Tracie came last night....that would be yes. sighhhh
She's been looking at Used Cars to buy and came to ......shoot the shit. Fixed hubby something to eat and went to eat with her. Last night I had a salad with teriaki chicken pieces in it ( brought my own 2 Point dressing ) , while she had two gorgeous looking pieces of a lightly cracker seasoned baked in butter or broiled? salmon, a loaded baked potato :0( and a salad. Loaded baked potatoes are a weakness of mine.
Chiropractors scale and the orthopedic doctors scale and My Weight Watcher scale all read the same damned thing. 176. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Guess this is the plateau that I have heard about.
This is THE TEST. I shit you not!
It's after six. Going to nuke a Smart One dinner for myself. Jill is cooking for the rest of those that live in this house. :0)
Guessing Tracie will be along and sit to eat too.
Trish....the bears are on Ustream . Jewels Den at WildEarth .Hope you can get it.
Til tomorrow (((hugs)))Pat
That's All Folks!
The ramblings of a mom of 9 by her KIDS that are STILL making her climb walls ,even as adults. Said I DO 3xs and I WANT OUT 2 xs. Have learned there is no such thing as a Rose Garden. My motto is Life Is Too Short To Be Miserable. When the bad outweighs the good it is time to shit can em. Laugh with me or at me, welcome to my world.
I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )


You know your body gets use to less calories so you have two choice's eat less(not a good choice) or exercise more,get some hand weights that only weight 2 or 3 pds, more muscle burns more fat. Were I live you can also get passports at the DMV the same day, call yours see if they do it there
ReplyDeleteHell. If they don't let you on the cruise ship, just tell them you are the entertainment!
ReplyDeletegood luck with the paperwork
ReplyDeleteThat doctor better not have ruined your chance of this cruise or I'll find out where he's buried and......oh wait I'm a grown up now aren't I? Hope it works out.
ReplyDeleteLOL@Middle Child.
Just keep on plugging with the weightloss, it's perseverence that will get us there. Have you gone over your tracker? Are you forgetting little things? I have to write down what I eat right away or I forget. I know it's hard for you to exercise, especially when the weather isn't great but it really makes a difference.
Thanks for the info about the bears, I will go look, it sounds fascinating.
before 9-11 it wouldn't matter..now? it matters..good luck with that..I have always spelled my name Jacque..which is how my mother said it was spelled..all my paper work for social security, medicare, etc is spelled Jackie..couldn't figure it out..so when I got a copy of my birth certificate, it's spelled Jackie..my mothers name was spelled wrong and in one place our last name was spelled wrong..so now every thing is spelled Jackie except my drivers license, credit card, bank, bills etc and it's spelled Jacque..feck!
ReplyDeleteYellow Granny is right. Before 9/11 it was far easier to get a passport. Not today. Even getting my New York State I.D. was quite a hassle.
ReplyDeleteMary