I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Thursday, October 06, 2011

D D Well ...THAT WAS STUPID!

What have I DONE?
Was sitting at the PC reading bloggers and sipping on my HOT coffee while watching the clock.  A nice quiet morning up until then, I might add.. Woke hubby up thinking this was Friday and the Home Health Aide would be here shortly to bathe him. :0( Wrong day!
Kathy comes tomorrow Friday morning at 8:15 a.m.  It's 8: a.m. Thursday sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Last night was a GOOD NIGHT. We both fell asleep watching TV sometime close to ten and it was near midnight when I came to and heard the sound from both the TV and the police scanner. Now how was that for a DEEP SLEEP for a few hours. Fell right back to sleep after I peed and shut both things off. 
Hubby decided at a certain hour last night that he wasn't drinking anymore so he would be up less often to PEE during the night.  If it wasn't for the amount of urine in his potty that I emptied this morning I would have thought he didn't get up. I slept like the DEAD!  Good or bad.... I never heard him !  Sometimes he doesn't need my help, but I watch to make sure he doesn't fall. His legs are weak and his balance is bad. They have been that way for years, but the BROKEN HIP WARNING is ringing LOUDER in my ears as we get OLDER.  I shit you not!

Jill stayed home again last night.... Drove Tracie home and came back.  That makes three nights in a row. :0)
She leaves for a 3 day tour of Washington D.C. at 4 a.m. tomorrow morning with the VFW gang.
A first time to DC for her, but some of the REGULARS make this trip yearly. A 3 day sightseeing trip and an evening of drinking...No Doubt!
Those three days I won't have to worry about her.  :0) Gil no sooner drove away with his step mom last night and she sighed a sigh of relief saying,  now he is on her watch and she can relax.
Which leads me to think...while she was out drinking it was I ON WATCH those times. 
She searches his back pack, his drawers here to see if he has anything hid.  He surely must have taken those meds of hubbys to his fathers house after he took them on the 29th of last month. NO WAY IN HELL that he could have USED 168 Oxycodone in one weeks time!!!!  Orrrrrrrrrrrrr could he? Not being educated in that area....I wonder.  Seems to me ...168 oxycodone ( 5 mg each ) would put an OX OUT for a week.
 I shit you not!  What is father is going to do to try to straighten his happy ass out... ?????  Remove him from his friends who are bad influences???  He has no friends here. Once upon a time he did. Made friends when he moved here at age nine until he left at age thirteen. Had some good friends. Now they have all moved on...good or bad.  I'm sure that Jill gets all the blame for the way he has turned out.  That would be just like the EX SIL from Hell.  I don't know about Gil, but just remembering the sound of his angry voice and his contorted face SCARES ME.  Logan was asked on some school paper he did in the 2nd or 3rd grade what he feared the most.  His answer was, My dad when he hollers at me.  That give you A CLUE??? 
Jill never wanted her kids to fear her and would always just TALK to them . It worked for her. 
As for myself...I can remember screaming at mine at times......Did they fear me? I'd like to think no as they didn't listen and I'd have to yell at them again and again.  Especially ...my Randy.  sighhhhhhhhhhhhh
Do I think screaming was the answer..... NO!  Definately NOT! Being overwhelmed with nine kids was /IS No Excuse. If I was able to go back to those years, would I do it differently? Probably NOT!
I'm answering my own question...honestly.
    My Cheryl called yesterday and during our talk she told me that her oldest son Buddy ( okay shoot me...age  30? ) came to the house last week to see Shayla his 15 year old sister. Brushed past her with no hug or how are you , long time no see...just said as he walked by her, " I'm here to see Shayla."
What have I ever done to him, she was asking.   Yep...we all wonder what we did wrong. sighhhhhhhhh
One thing that I KNOW SHE DID RIGHT was accept him when she learned he was gay. :0) Has had his partners to the home during the years and made them WELCOME. 
    Okay...It's Up and AT EM! ... I may have been wrong about the 8:15 a.m. time, BUT Deb P.T. is coming at 10 a.m. and Michelle the nurse is coming at 2. Workers should be here any time now. Randy is picking up tracie at her apartment  to get her car out of the shop ( repairs will be done or are done ). His truck will be repaired too. If I didn't mention it yesterday....his rearend ? let go. Jill had to take my car to go pick him up. A friend of his came from NH to drive him home last night. :0)  He has a small car that he will be using today, but that was at home in NH yesterday when he needed wheels.  There is one hell of a mess on the ground from old roofing materials.  They best get picked up and in the dumpster today.  My house INSIDE and OUT looks like a WAR ZONE. I shit you not!

It is now 2;30 p.m.  The house has never been so busy. Hell yeah...it has!
Hubby's cousin Polly came and brought him tea roses she picked from her yard. Last roses of summer...she said. :0)  Michelle his nurse got a urine specimen from him. :0) Dr Hard Head called in response to my complaints to his nurse this morning.  STILL he refuses to allow Hospice to have their doctor evaluate him for Pain Management. :0( What he has agreed to is.....I call the V.A.  and make an appointment to have hubby evaluated by him in a few weeks for a drug containing morphine.  Oh well.... a step in the right direction albeit a baby step. FINALLY I am getting someone to listen after all these years of him suffering.  IF I am not satisfied with what he gives him and how it controls his pain and he still refuses to agree to Hospice's Pain Management services..I will take him to another V.A.Clinic and get him a different primary doctor. Luckily ...we have another clinic even closer than where he has been going for his checkups for years. 
WE treat our animals better than that! 

Sixty degrees...Cool and windy. Downright cold if you are not in the sunshine.
Pool was covered minutes ago. :0)  The W.B. arrived here a half an hour or so before she had things done and helped her out.   He is like a Bad Penny. Keeps showing up at least once a day these past few days. :0(

No sooner than Logan came through the door after school the Ex SIL from Hell picked him up.  
It was HIS WISH as ALWAYS that Logan drive to the airport with his step mom, brother and step brother ( FAMILY ) to pick him up.  Mind you ...10 p.m. his flight lands on a school night ( if it's on time.)  Which means disembarking, and an hour drive home afterwards. Logan declined that experience last night. One can imagine that he will be paying for it today. Dad does like to HOLLAR and put the fear in you. sighhhhhhhhhhhh

Workers are lugging the shingles up onto the roof. BANG! That's a back breaking job! Hubby has done it when he was younger . Much younger. Like in his twenties after his discharge from the Air Force to earn an honest BUCK. 

Almost 6 p.m.  Daughter Michelle will be coming soon to sit with her dad for a few hours so I can ...go out with Tracie and spread the wealth. ;0)  and :0)
Her car was repaired. Son Randy saved her $600 by taking her car to the garage he uses.  She was quoted close to 2K by Meinke.   Was she thankful and did she hand him some green backs for carting her back and forth from her house in a different town these past few days................Time Will Tell...,but I'm not holding my breath. Oh well, maybe she doesn't realize that it's the thing to do when people go out of their way for you.

There is a Frost Warning for tonight.  Too soooooooooooooooooooon.  I've turned the heat on in the house now that everyone is through coming in and out the door for the day.  Hubby wants HEAT...Let there be HEAT!   
The sleep I got last night made for me having a better day today. Hope tonight is a REPEAT.

Was home from shopping at 9:30. I was a bad, bad girl. Stopped at Dunkin for a black Hazelnut coffee and .......those damn donuts talked to me. Eat me, eat me.... the lemon meringue pie donut is to DIE FOR.
I shit you not! ;0) 

That's All Folks!

3 comments:

  1. hope you get a good nights rest too...we must have the same weather, we are not that far apart as the crows fly after all...was -4C (24.8F) when i got up this morning :S. I hope you have a good (quiet) weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's chilly here as well. Love this weather. That Hazelnut coffee sounds scrumptious. Now you have me wanting some. Hoping now that you can get some rest.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you