May NOT have had this in mind!!!!
.....anddddddddddddddddddddddddd I did not have these three things in mind.
Reason #3. My Cher and her family just came to use the pool and yard. Hubby Dana, daughter Shayla, son Trevor and her daughter's boyfriend ???? Met him a week or so ago, but damned if I remember his name. sigh!
It's HOT as blazes outside. 93 degrees.
Thank you lord...she went out in the yard with her family FINALLY after my assuring her that she wasn't being ignorant by leaving me ALONE in here. . "Look at my abs and 6 pack, ma" are not what my mind is on or where it's at. I shit you not!
Reason #2. Tracie showed here around seven p.m. last night and we went to eat and then to Kohls . ( Wednesday is senior discount day 15% ). Daughter Michelle arrived back from visiting her dad with my car just as we were leaving. We ate and shopped and were home here around ten. Don't know why....BUT costume jewelry has never appealed to me anddddddddddd NOW IT DOES! Fake turquoise in particular.
Entering my second childhood ,maybe????
She hung around until after eleven. Then went home to her apartment. :0)
I turned in after midnight.
My phone rang at 1:15 a.m. TRACIE. Her apartment had water an inch deep on the bathroom floor. Earler she had told me she had to have maintainance come as water was coming into her closet AGAIN from the A/C units up on the second and third floor and that is why she was so late getting over to this town.
"Can I come and sleep on Logan's bed", she asked. Sure..................... Logan isn't home. Why not!
Got up and put the pouside light on and unlocked the door. Fell back to sleep and never heard her come in. :0)
Reason #1. HUBBY. This I will make a long story..........SHORT.
His hospital delerium was still apparent at 9 when I talked to him.
Talked to him again around 1 p.m. In between times of calling him each day there are many times the phone does not get answered unless someone is in his room at that time. This time someone was changing his pull up. He tells me that Anthony ( his brother's old friend ) from P.T. at this hospital came to exercize him and he cried, "Mr B what happened to you ???" He asked hubby with the help of another attendant to take 3 steps towards him with his crutches and he about collapsed to the floor. Ma...Anthony says I need to go to a Nursing Home rehab for physical therapy. . In my heart of hearts I knew that he should go into a place for P.T. instead of coming home. sigh!
One of his doctors called me during this call and I said goodbye and talked to his doctor. I mentioned Anthony and what he said. She said, Oh I'm glad someone does know his base line and that's what my call is about. Physically he can be treated at home with meds as they are all taken orally. I know that you are willing to welcome him back into the home, but we think he needs to be some place for rehab. At home if he falls things can get much worst. sigh! So it's out of my hands now. I told her I would like him to go to the place where we know people just 2 miles down the street ( no hwy ) and she said when she speaks to his social worker she will tell her that. I want him where I can bring him things easily. Like his gatorade , foods he likes and visit OFTEN to make sure he is getting physical therapy like he should be.
Keeping my fingers crossed.
I could not wake up this morning for the life of me. At 3 a.m. Lady was whining her little whine to be let out to go pee. Did not want to go at eleven when I tried to get her out the back door. Ran into her kennel instead. sigh! At five a.m. Cash wanted out of Jill's room to go pee and begin his day. :0( Got up and let him out and fed him. Climbed into bed again and Cash joined Ginger and I in the bed. :0(
Woke every so often as in my mind I was waiting for the time I could call hubby. Tried at eight a.m. No answer. Back to sleep I went. Then when I did get to talk to him I was NODDING OFF. I shit you not!
Ma, we have Wheaties in the kitchen, don't we??? Yes.
I keep telling these girls that we have them in the kitchen and they won't get me none.
Me: That's too bad honey.........silence and I nod off.
Is Jill home yet? She hasn't come into my room.
Me: No, not yet. Him: I didn't think so. ( I don't have a date of her return as of today. ) Silence. I drift off.
Him: Is Logan home yet? I haven't seen him either. Me: No.
There was more, but I didn't retain it. sigh!
Knew I SHOULD not get behind the wheel of my car to go visit himand I didn't. When his doctor asked me if I was coming up today I told her no, BUT not without GUILT. sigh!
IN and OUT! Everyone is coming in and out and some are staying IN!
Now we have Trevor on the internet and Shayla and ? watching TV. Dana just used the restroom and stopped in my room to inquire about hubby and I was telling him some of it.
Tracie should be back around now. It's almost four. Randy is working on the shed on the other side of the house. Brought a girl with him. She lives in his trailer park with her mom and is very quiet. Doesn't drink or smoke and I think I was given the impression that she isn't all there either. sigh! She's 42 he said.
Asked him who she was and why she wasn't out at the pool is how this onfo came to light. He said maybe later he will bring her over to the pool. Yesterday he brought someone he met and her four year old son Devonrick. The boy swam and seemed to have fun.I say that because he didn't want to get out of the pool and leave. ;0) His mother looked young to me and was very polite. Told me I had a beautiful place and thanked me for letting her be there. Also told me that I had a wonderful son, polite and a gentleman. I raised a fine son. No one stops to help you often and he stopped and repaired her car for her.
Randy is saying, remember what she said about raising a fine son when you bail me out again ma.
Yeah RT!!! She could not believe she told me how he does everything for himself. Folds his clothes neatly and keeps his house spotless. I trained him well....says SHE! IT has nothing to do with moi..... it's one of his DX's.
Now it's Cher's turn to be in .
The A/C is on. I'm not going anywhere soon. Just go with the flowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
On second thought....let me go to the other side of the house and ask Randy if that girl/woman has had anything to drink. I'll bb later.
I have company for a second night. Most likely Friday and the weekend too until her apartment leak is fixed.
Tracie just flipped on the tv to hear the news. This one in my room hasn't been on since hubby went to the hospital . Haven't been interested in watching TV. I shit you not!
Tonight hubby asked me if I was having another story added on the house. A nurse told him there was scaffolding outside the building and another floor was being added. sigh! Yeah ...At the VA Hospital.
I went along with it. He asked me where I put all my stuff in the attic, my N.E.Village and other Christmas stuff ( see he remembers that stuff ). I told him I hadn't had to move it yet. sigh!
He saw Cash out in the yard yesterday through the window. Oh and last night someone was playing loud music in our neighborhood and he could hear the sirens as the cops approached ( ambulance arriving at the VA Hospital ...could that be. ) sigh!
A German Shepard was shut up in our shed. He thinks maybe Randy put it in there.
I ?We Micheele and I figured out why he asked what kind of Mickey Mouse shelving Randy put behind our bed. Our headboard has a flat top and he just reaches back to sit his eyeglasses down when he is going to sleep for the night. Welllllllllllllll at the hospital there is no headboard and his eyeglasses fall behind his pillow between the mattress or to the floor.
Another thing that astounded/FLOORED me was , very seriously he said. " What time did you leave the house today? I didn't see you leave." sigh!!!!!!!!
Tracie had left for awhile and when she came back in he heard the dogs barking. "My dogs, I hear Ginger barking." Yep, says I. "Why can't I see Ginger." Maybe because they are home and you are in a hospital, says I. " You mean they won't let the dogs in the room to see me. That's not right! They were here before they were. " sigh!!!!!
Some things he is right on SPOT with. Has not brushed his teeth. Told him a basin and that kind of stuff is on his nightstand. Apparently NO ONE has handed him a basin and water ( warm or cold ) to wash up with. I know I'm right about that. It has all kinds of products in it, but that's what it's whole purpose has been since I have seen it. He does get a clean Johnny put on and his pull up changed. THAT's IT. I shit you not!
It's happened before as recently as when he was in a private hospital in Florida. One would think a person would get better care there for the amount of money the hospitalization costs, but ALAS , NO!
The taste and feel in his mouth is causing him to be unconfortable. sigh!
IF I go tomorrow or Michelle he will get his toothbrush and some toothpaste handed to him. May even take his transport chair into him so we can get him into the bathroom to a sink. Great looking tub bench in that shower too. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm MAYBE!
I asked him if he wanted ice cream. Just ask someone when they come into your room. "They're not going to give me ice cream", " I asked for coffee and never got it."
Sooooooooooooo I dialed the nurses station and asked if someone could please give him ice cream. Sure....what flavor she asked. Vanilla or chocolate. He likes them both, said I.
Called him an hour later and he had got ice cream. :0) I have PULL! :0)
Now...maybe I should call in the morning and ask that he get a toothbrush and toothpaste handed to him.
He can barely see, can't get out of bed to go look for that stuff....WTF!
No one called about moving him into a rehab place. sigh! My mind goes places like...maybe I should go over to the place here in town and ask if they have an open bed for him. I know one of the women in the office there. She was a chiropractic patient at where I worked and we share the same birthday...just different years. ;0) Mary and I always have a warm Hello for each other.
What a HEATWAVE we are having and hubby is freezing. Even with two blankets on. sigh!
Daughter Michelle's FIL's second lung is filling up. Double pneumonia. Surgery on her back will be next Friday and there is no guarantee that it will give her the complete use of her leg back. She may have to wear a brace on it for the rest of her life. Then this with her dad. The pain is awful. The steroid she is on has her taste thrown off amongst other things. She's breaking down crying. She will be laid up quite awhile after the surgery. Will need P.T. too.
Wonder how late Tracie will stay up. ?????? This isn't home!!!! I've heard her say she stays up late and sleeps during the day. Eff ME!!! I shit you not!
Eleven fifteen. There is a TV in Logan's bedroom. Going to go give her a hint or two or three.
In all good conscience I must make that drive to see hubby tomorrow, UNLESS I get an early call telling me that they are moving him.
That's All Folks!
The ramblings of a mom of 9 by her KIDS that are STILL making her climb walls ,even as adults. Said I DO 3xs and I WANT OUT 2 xs. Have learned there is no such thing as a Rose Garden. My motto is Life Is Too Short To Be Miserable. When the bad outweighs the good it is time to shit can em. Laugh with me or at me, welcome to my world.
I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i hope they will find a spot for him at the nursing home close by, what turn of events :(!!
ReplyDeleteand no wonder you don't feel like getting up in the morning...you must be exhausted. I hope Tracey's apartment if fixed soon, you don't need a permanent house guest :S . I feel for Michelle, wish her all the best for her OP...anyway, so much going on, please take care of yourself too ♥
I LOVE costume jewelry. I have so much fun in the 99 cent store buying it and have some to match every outfit.
ReplyDeleteI think the nursing home is the best idea. He needs the professional care they can give. I remember you saying how he gets up and goes to the bathroom by himself, and they are right, what if he falls. I do hope they can get him close by to you. I'll be sending prayers your way.
Mary
-He should go to another facility.
ReplyDelete-And you can see, that this is so.
-Coming home now, would be a disaster waiting to happen.
Finally......
As to Tracie, you TELL her to turn off your tv, and go to Logan's room, and watch his tv. YOU HAVE TO REST!
You have no idea of when Jill is coming back. Thank you for saying this. I will not say, what I'd say to her... But betcha' you can guess...
I just saw on the tv (watching an American breakfast show) that MA is having a terrible heatwave. Hope you're staying cool.
ReplyDeleteAlso hope you can find the right place for hubby.
Trish.
Dam you have a lot going on kid, wish I could be there to help you out. Sure is sad about your husband, I hope with time he will pull out of this. It must be frightening for him at times not knowing what's going on and getting worried. Darn nurses need more help, where's them candy strippers at any way, or do they still have em? I hope he will be close to home soon. Take care of you!!! Hugs, Pearl
ReplyDeleteWow, it certainly seems very stressful around your house. I haven't had a chance to read again, sorry, but I did read this post. I think it's a really good idea with your husband going to rehab. Hopefully, things will get better for him when he's there.
ReplyDeletethat is great news..I know it will be hard on you both, but he needs the hospital care...and hope you finally get some rest.
ReplyDelete