ARE NEEDED!
Not to convey that it was a Walk In The Park, but having the energy and desire to attempt projects was a reward in itself. In my kitchen corner cabinet where some people have a carousel type thingie, I chose not to and that's where I keep all my baking needs ie; cookie sheets,muffin pans,cake pans, meatloaf pans, brownie pan, etc., etc, and a 4 quart and 6 quart prssure cooker that belonged to my mother.
These she cooked with when I was young and a few times when she lived here with me and they always made me nervous, so why I have kept them and gave them SPACE I know not why. Maybe I did at the time that she passed away, but I have since forgot. I shit you not!
Found other items that I do not know what they came from or where, old tinny pans that had seen better days that got tossed and while that cabinet is still pretty FULL , it's arranged and I know what I have under there. NOW ....keyword NOW. ;0)
The corner above it on the counter had a ? hider that had a roll down front. That had seen better days and when my new counter was put on the W.B. took all the measurements and made each piece up out of wood that needs to be stained,varnished and put together. It SITS in it's many pieces in a pile in a corner of my bedroom. I got tired of seeing it on the table with nothing being done further to it and put it there.
Ah ha ! Knew it would come to me :0) it's called an Appliance Center. At my age...it's exciting when you can finally recall something that has left your mind. AND note worthy! :0)
Jill had a box sitting in that space with all the stuff that had been kept in that area behind the door and I found OTHER HOMES for them and all that is sitting exposed is the mixer on the stand. I went through another cabinet that we keep the George Foreman, some bbq tools and large platters amongst some other things and cleaned, wiped and arranged it too, while I had the Forman out making hubby and I a cheeseburger for our dinner at 2 p.m. Made mac salad in the morning to go with them and we had a quiet dinner. No muss and not too much fuss. ;0) Welllllllllllll later an issue with hubby on the catsup he put on his burger did. Out of the blue he asked me what brand of catsup I gave him as it tasted like shit and we must have bought a different brand. May the floor open up and swallow me....it's Heinz that we have always used and it's Heinz he ate.
Not that he belived me. sigh! Insists we changed brands it tastes like SHIT! He slept off and on most of the time I was working and Jill,W.B.,Gil,Emily and THE DOG went to son Michaels in N.H. for BBQ.
No one under foot or in my path......YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
There are more cabinets to go through, wipe out and re-arrange, and,and,and rid myself of things I don't use and never will. eeeek! So hard to do. Are those sprinkler thingies ( you know the metal thing with holes that has a cork bottom that you stuck in a coke bottle and used to sprinkle your ironing have any value????
Or are they still available ??? I still have mine or was it my moms. ???? I threw away 4 corks yesterday. WATCH..............Logan will have a school project that he needs them for. :0) See where my mind goes with this. If I throw things away, they may be needed in the furture. sigh!
Hey!!! It's happened. Just as you toss something, someone says " do you have". I shit you not!
Got up on the step stool and cleaned the kitchen windows. Then cleaned the sill and all the pretties I keep there. re-potted the ? It will come to me. Ahhhhhhhh Chix and Hens.
Tracie came at 4:15 just minutes after I got on the bed to rest my burning feet.Gave her 15 minutes of my time. No not going out, don't need anything, still in pj's. She asked to use the phone to call her neice to tell her she got home safe. had forgot the night before to call her. that's something that i would do...no problem.
Half hour of sleep and Jill and the gang came in.
Showered at ....some time. Fell asleep watching the Batchelor and hearing fireworks being shot off all over the neighborhood. BUT, not before Tracie came back just before darkness fell to ask for 3 large black bags ( was collecting bottles that had been put in recycle bins for thrash pickup today ) and to use my bathroom.
She had been to the Outback to eat...complained about the service, been to Target and Khols as well.
Hubby just woke again to pee. Somehow he got pee on the side of the bottom sheet. Been having issues with it getting on his underwear and pj's and not knowing HOW it happened. I'm not talking about A DROP. Oh well....this time it's the sheet and not his clothes.I have a zippored mattress cover on the mattress. :0) Thought just crossed my mind that things could be worst.
I could be from another generation in the past that didn't have a washer and dryer. While I have used a scrub board in the bathtub to wash clothes in 1954 and 1955, a wringer washer before that and after......I'm thinking even further beyond that. Am I the only one that thinks back on what our ancesters had before there was an US and what future things the women after US will have to make their workload lighter. ????????
Hubby seems more upset with himself than I am. Yesterday it was the floor beside the bed and luckily I hadn't or Jill hadn't used the new Bissell rug cleaner. We lucked out there too. :0)
THAT cute pair of mallard duck were back yesterday. Jill had cleaned the pool bottom the night before. :0(
Later i noticed them in the above ground pool out back. One was swimming around and the other was sitting on the rim and Paul the neighbor was in the pool cleaning it. TOO FUNNY!!!!!
So I made chat over the fence about them almost being like pets and he says , " the wife feeds them good."
OH SHIT! Robin is another me when it comes to animals, BUT I was not feeding these ducks and encouraging them to visit daily. sigh! To SHOO out of my pool...or not to SHOO. That is the question.
It would be nice when Logan is home if he woke earlier and he and his friends became ROWDY.
I'm doing some Wishful Thinking. ;0)
Hubby is moaning and groaning. Hurts everywhere. When I asked where...............all over. When I asked was it his sinus' ...no. SHIT! SHIT! SHIT!
His heart is racing he just said. 173/102 pulse 75. He got his morning med's late. Shoot me!
He wanted to sleep and now I see his coffee and his meds haven't been touched since I put them there. sigh!
Do I really need to stand there and stand there and stand there wile he blows his nose a dozen times and coughs up a ??? until he finally decides to take his meds? I DON'T THINK SO!
Visiting nurse will be coming at noon. Hopefully by that time his meds will have done THEIR THING and we won't need to go to the hospital.
ME...BE BAD. Thinking I could get this rug shampooed if he did and get alot more done around here.
Now he's FREEZING! I'm in shortie pj's. Says he is getting worse. 911 called !
That's All Folks!
The ramblings of a mom of 9 by her KIDS that are STILL making her climb walls ,even as adults. Said I DO 3xs and I WANT OUT 2 xs. Have learned there is no such thing as a Rose Garden. My motto is Life Is Too Short To Be Miserable. When the bad outweighs the good it is time to shit can em. Laugh with me or at me, welcome to my world.
I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )
Accomplishment! Getting kitchen stuff culled and straightened and cleaned off and etc. Wonderful! It feels so gooooood. Even if you're tired after. It still feels so gooooooooooooooood... Accomplishment.
ReplyDelete9/11 called and ....... Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Good luck.
Gentle hugs...
Oh, I do hope all is okay with hubby. Please be sure to let us know. What an accomplishment in getting that cabinet cleared. Good feeling, isn't it? I've still much to go on my stuff. Still sorting through the clothes. (((Hugs))) my friend. Know my thoughts are with you and hubby.
ReplyDeleteMary
hope hubby is OK...sending hugs ♥
ReplyDeletethere is a great accomplishment of doing that kind of cleaning..you should go to amazon or ebay and see if those sprinkler things have any value..hope all is well.ydg
ReplyDeleteCleaning out cupboards is hard work -- and I salute a woman who can face it and DO it! As others said, what an accomplishment.
ReplyDeleteI have a cabinet over my wall oven that has all my baking pans and stuff in it, piled all crazy -- If I open it, I have to hold both hands up to grab the stuff sliding out of it, to keep it from conking me on the head and knocking me out.
Maybe I should clean that sucker out, huh? You can be my inspiration.
I hope your husband is OK and didn't have to be admitted. Good luck!
(When my Dad was having nighttime leakage, we did get him to agree to wear absorbent pads in his briefs. Of course, being the free spirit that he was, he would take the briefs OFF in his sleep. There's no answer except washers and dryers I guess.)
Cass