Phone rings. SIL Dana calling me from work to ask me if I would be busy tomorrow and could they come to swim tomorrow or am I overloaded and wish not to have company. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Me: No problem.....
Then he asks me to give Cher a call and invite her as he doesn't want her to know he called me. She had been in a bad mood when he left for work as their summer is being spent INDOORS.
Me: No problem.
Ringie dingy. Me: Cher, before I forget it, if you all want to come here next week to use the pool, etc. Jill will be away for a week. I know tomorrow will be hot. You are welcome to come. Mike is doing okay and it won't be a problem with us . Jill will be mowing the lawn in the morning and most likely will be in and out .
Long story short. She seemed agreeable and wants to come after Dana goes to church in the morning.
Was just telling Dana that she and the kids are always stuck in the house while he works. One car. Yadda,yadda,yadda.
Brrrrrrrrrring. Dana calling back. Did I make that call. How did she sound. Told me never to call her again when I left for work this morning. Doesn't want to talk to me anymore.
Told him she seemed agreeable to it and none the wiser that he and I talked.
Long story short. We hung up saying mum's the word! Let's see how this plays out. Tomorrow is Sunday.
Our day to go out to eat if hubby is up to it. There is a wake he wanted to go to as well. Old aquaintance ( Bobby) brother of an old friend who's wife recently passed away and he couldn't make it to that wake, but would see Joe there to offer his condolances to both his losses.
Okay...Up and at EM !!! Counter still waiting to be cleared off and cleaned.
Next to enter the front door was Jill's son Gil III . He is working with her for a sit down dinner, catering for 200 guests. They left at one.
Before that, W.B. had left. Then ...surprise, surprise....he comes back with his daughter Alex and hangs around until she leaves. He said to me as he left, " a quiet afternoon for you,huh."
I'm thinking yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
I hear Gil say ," someone just pulled into the driveway." Jill: "Oh, it's Sarah and her friend."
I said, " so much for my quiet afternoon." To which she said, " they won't be here long and they are not noisy." Off she and Gil went.
Sarah loved the two maternity tops and black maternity capris I picked up on sale for her. May break down and wear her first maternity top to work tomorrow. ;0)
It's almost two. They are chatting and laughing. True they are no problem, but if I wanted to take a nap....I'd be shit outta luck.
Mind you...it's only 2ish and who knows what the rest of my day will be like. I won't even fathom to guess!
You are right! I'll be dead a longggggggggggggggg time and have plenty of quiet THEN.
Oh...before they came ...dogs were a barking and who appears, but daughter Michelle's youngest half brother to see Jill. He's a fireman and he proudly tells me that he worked 70 hours last wee. Forty regular hours and 30 hours overtime. UNLIKE W.B. that does not take all the overtime he can get . He definately needs the money. Why not, is anyones good guess.
It's been years since Timmy was in this house. We had hubby's ex's three kids from her second marriage here a few times to swim and enjoy the day with their brother and sister.
Alright ...Hear Yea, Hear Yea ..... I'm expecting a MEDAL when I die. I shit you not! ;0)
Between twelve and twelve thirty I did something I swore I wasn't going to do. I made hubby Kraft mac and cheese standing over the stove. Woke him to take his meds and eat lunch. After some grumbling he took his meds and two bites of his dinner and said, " I'm not eating this shit. It tastes horrible."
You have got to be shitting me...well that's what I said to him. Brought him in the dirty pan to see and the empty box and he would not admit he thought it was Instant and agree to eat it. Which therefore....I said, " You are leaving me no choice but to put you in a nursing home. I can't let you ruin my health as well as my mind. Seems like we can only stand to be around each other an hour or less. I'll come visit you and leave after an hour. " " Don't bother", he said. Neither of us meant it....well I know I didn't. YET!!!!!
Dogs were a woofffffing! Tracie came in. I told her to sit and I'd be right with her.
She was at the table reading the newspaper that hubby had already read. He hears her commenting on todays news and says, " I haven't read my paper yet." Told him he did and that was how he knew Bobby died. He insisted THAT funeral notice was in Fridays paper, so I brought him Fridays paper. " Show me", i said.
Pssssssssssssssst! I'm still waiting. ;0) Tracie came into our bedroom with todays paper. This man is so effin stubborn. Absolutely can't admit he is ever wrong. I got tired of hearing from him, " I'm not God, but I'm the closest thing to him", years ago. I shit you not!
Hubby just needed to use his urinal and I had to guard the doors to our bedroom by keeping my eyes glued to the young women in the pool and Tracie at the kitchen table . Just a little incidental that was FORGOTTEN. No privacy!
Which will be a repeat when Cher and Shayla are here. sigh!
What price..... is being...all about FAMILY ???
Longgggggggggggggggggggg day still ahead of me. sigh!
It's not all hubby that makes my patience short. As you can read above ...it's a combination of things that sets me ON EDGE.
Grandson Ryan, Sarah's husband came awhile ago and for some reason is mowing the lawn. He has never done this before. Is he planning to have his friends over to use the pool and cookout tomorrow????
Ut oh! Cheryl won't want to come if he is here. He is Jill's son and didn't invite her to his wedding. sigh!
Three o'clock Sarah and her friend Kara leave . Sarah will be back. Three twenty my son Terry comes from N.H. to visit and his residence is not close to me. While he's lived in his house a year, I haven't been there. It's a distance of about thirty miles from me.. His wife had plans for him ( painting a bathroom ) and he booked off!
So now I have Tracie, Ryan, and Terry here. sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
UT OH!!!!!!!!!!!! Ryan just came in and he asked for stuff to clean the tables out in the yard.
I asked what he was up to. Might have a few friends over tomorrow and I thought the lawn could use mowing and it was nice out so I mowed the lawn. UT OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
I need to make a call to Cheryl and fib. BIG TIME!
WTF!!! I can't win for loosing! I shit you not!
Why do I have to LIE ???? Oh, I know...to keep the peace. I shit you not!
Cheryl hates Jill and her kids, her half brother Larry because he didn't go to her second wedding and went Four Wheeling instead, and,and,and.
I don't know why i think my house should be any different. Jill held Thanksgiving dinner for the entire family at her house when she was married to the Ex SIL from HELL. Cheryl would not come because Larry would be there. NOTHINGS CHANGED ! I shit you not!
Gave Ryan all the cleaning supplies he needed and made the phone call to Cheryl. She accepted my LIE better than I thought she would. Well at least on the phone to me she did. I can only imagine what her kids heard and Dana when he got home from work. sigh! So it's Monday that Cher will come and possibly Tuesday too. Dana gets out of work early those two days.
Asked hubby what he wanted to eat around 5. Not hungry. All you do is feed me diet food since we have been to Florida. Once again we went round and round with me swearing on my life and the lives of my children that what I gave him was not Instant and was cooked in a pan on the stove. Instant does not mean DIET I explained to him as mac and cheese is NOT DIET FOOD, No Way, No HOW. Which made me upset to think I ate a bowl of it, just because I hate to see waste and there is no way he could eat an entire box of the stuff even if he loved it. He never accepted what I told him as The Gospel Truth....knowing him, I knew he wouldn't. sigh!
Tracie and I took off to TJMaxx. Ryan said he and Sarah would be here quite awhile making the back yard porch nice, cleaning the wicker furniture as well. When I left he had the spray nozzle on and was washing the porch off of all the leaves and pinwheels. Something that is done way,way before now .
Not this year by me! Maybe next year...maybe not!
FIRST we had to go to another town so she could pay her storage fees before they toss her stuff in a trash container. Then further away from TJMaxx to get gas cheaper. Except when we got there ...the gas stations we had passed had cheaper gas, so we headed back to one of them. She uses PLUS in her old Buick.
Not that the book it came with says to. Just because..... and I use unleaded El Cheapest in my ten year old Taurus. Just because. ;0)
On to the store we were headed to...FINALLY. I found a coffe mug...just my favorite size. Not too BIG, Not too LITTLE and it was meant for me! Had my name on it. ;0) What do you think???
Well, I'll be a SOB. The dang picture won't download to my computer. Wonder what's up with that.
The cup reads, KEEP CALM
and
CARRY ON
Called Ryans cell. They would be here until 7:30.
We decided on Good Tymes to eat. I had the large salad topped with sliced teryaki chicken. Honey mustard dressing on the side. It was as good as I remembered. :0) Tracie had an 8oz. sirloin dinner.
Stopped on my way home and got hubby shrimp lo mein. He came out to the table to eat it. Ate all, but the shrimp. They tasted old, he said. I tried them....and ate them. Tasted fine to moi. I shit you not!
Leaving the table, hubby had trouble walking back to bed. Helped him get in bed and noticed that he had a velcro weight strapped around his ankle. Asked him what that was doing on his leg and all I got was "ma leave me alone. I'm trying to get back up to sitting position . Just leave me alone. " Then I watched him squint and he looked confused as he tried to see what I was referring to and reach down to undo it and take it off. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm could that be why he was having trouble? Put it on to exercize his leg and FORGOT it was on.
Then he promptly fell asleep. Took that picture and it also won't upload to my computer.
Jill and Gil came in at ten exactly. Gil changed out of his uniform and hugged me goodbye and headed home.
Jill talked to Michelle on the phone to ask her how close she was to dropping someone off that worked this wedding with them and told her that she would buzz her in. Hmmmmm Moose or VFW??? Earlier I had heard just how much pain she/Michelle was in with her back. Well I had to make the comment that she couldn't have been in too much pain if she is meeting Jill for a drink after working that wedding with them.
I'm a BITCH!
Okay, let's try to upload the three pictures Gil sent me from his cell phone of that wedding cake Jill and Gil were catering today.
Never have I seen this and NEVER have I made one like it, nor would I. To each their own. I shit you not!
What's in between the tiers you ask?
There is some beautiful work done on this cake. Gorgeous colors. Bride and groom must have a pretty colored tongue after eating this.
I AGREE.... IT'S DIFFERENT ! I shit you not!
It's after 11 p.m. Time to hit the hay. Morning comes early. Too Early..... some mornings.
Sunday July 10th
It was after midnight before I fell asleep. Climbed into bed after covering hubby up. Felt the arm closest to me and it felt cold. Got up and turned the fan aimed directly at him OFF.
Once back in bed I remembered something that I thought could wait until this morning and now I'm trying to remember what that was. sigh!
Then I remembered Logan asked me to have his mother call him. Don't remember if I mentioned above that I called him to tell him that I missed and loved him. He hadn't been to the beach yet. Did I really think he would go every day like he thought he would.............NO. It was 105 there.He was out riding a new skooter that his step mom bought him. Yesterday morning I had asked Jill if she had gotten any money. No. Priorities....and child support isn't one of them. sigh!
I was worried I'd forget to tell her to call Logan so my mind more or less waited until I heard her come in to tell her before I could fall asleep. Which woke hubby when he heard me call out to her and it was then that he removed his glasses and asked for his kiss goodnight.
Sleep!!!! Whoa did I ever. Heard him have an accident using his urinal during the night and muttering " you have got to be shitting me." ( Did he get that line from me....or did I get that line from him? ) hmmmmmmm
Woke at 8 A.M. Remembered part of one dream. I think I had just left that dream when I woke and was still po'd at .................hubby of course. Only trouble is.....it was impossible for him to have done what I dreamt. Move furniture out of an entire room and he wouldn't tell me why he did it when I repeatedly asked him. Know I told him that he could go get and carry his own dang coffee, etc. from now on if he could move efffin furniture around.
He was awake when I woke from that ???? Dream/nightmare/PIPE DREAM!!!
Just got us each our second cup of coffee. It was JUST a dream. :0)
Got those 2 pictures to upload this morning. What a difference a day makes ;0) or is it because i am more awake? Whatever! I'll take it. I shit you not!
Porta potty has been moved closer to him......for those times......
No Ginger beside him on the bed. She's.....
It's 9:15 a.m. The clocks a tickin. I shit you not!
That's All Folks!
That cake! Yikes! And Wow! They must like fish and colors. -grin-
ReplyDeleteI had troubles with getting pics (the ones I wanted) into my blog too. Bahhhhhh...
It's now mid afternoon on Sun. here. Wondering how your Sun. is going....
Lots of gentle hugs,
~♥~
"Keep calm and carry on" That's a crown. Because it's a Brit saying, I guess. :-)
ReplyDelete~♥~
Love the mug! Wonder when we'll ever get some peace eh?
ReplyDeleteTrish.
i like the mug too, wonder if it will help lol
ReplyDeleteI love the cake and the mug..a lot..
ReplyDelete