The call came yesterday to say he was being discharged and when could they expect us to pick him up.
Eleven a.m. was the magic hour I chose. Jill and I get there and he's sound asleep and nothing has been done to get him discharged. They couldn't remove the IV until they located the doctor and he filled out his discharge papers.
One p.m. we finally were on the road. Had to also wait for his Amoxicillin 875 to be filled in the pharmacy there too.
Guess this is par for the course on being discharged. He has never been ready to go out the door the day of discharge.
It's probably the same with everyone.
I learned how to drain and empty the Foley catherter and if it's decided after his urology testing the 14th that he needs to wear one permanently I will be given a new bag to change once a month.
Since home he got cranky, slept alot and almost fell trying to leave the bathroom after he brushed his teeth trying to get rid of the taste of salt in his mouth as he said to me. He is not steady on his feet from being bed bound so much.. Jill had ordered him a Philly Steak and cheese for supper and he complained it was ALL SALT and put it aside refusing to eat it saying I have them salt his food on purpose. :0( sigh!
Offered him cereal and he said later and went back to sleep.
Close to 8 he woke and it was a F'n repeat of that afternoon in FL when he insisted it was morning and kept asking for his coffee. SOB ...Shoot Me!
Then he tells me I should have said a.m or pm after I told him the time because I knew that he thought it was morning when he first asked me what time it was. No I didn't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then he couldn't get the TV remote to work to change channels and was getting pissed wondering who F'd up his remote. I took it from him and flew through the channels one by one. He claims when he tried...it was broke.
Noooooooooooooooooo it wasn't.
I can deal with the Foley and cleaning shit, but this Rat Trap stuff is driving me up a wall.
I'm tired physically and mentally, my mind being the worst and can't stand that added aggrevation.
I told him earlier today when he warned me that his health was going to get worst that I could handle the shit,etc. It was his BS that wore me out and made me yell. I told him I have not yelled at him for crapping his pants, nor would I.
He won't stop when he locks onto something like the time mixup or trying to pin me down when I told him I did not watch tv last night, that Logan watched the Bruins game in here. What did you do he asked me. Cleaned our fucking bedroom ,I yelled. He retorted, " probably fucked with my stuff." "You're probably right, I shot back at him.
If this keeps up it is not going to be good. I shit you not!
Fifteen minutes later he was talking like nothing was said between us. :0) This is some rollercoaster ride.
He ate his wheaties with a sliced up banana. I heard him say " well this is f'n nice. " What I asked, his words "You gave me a piece of rotten banana. " I SWEAR it was a firm ( not soft or mushy anywhere on it ) banana.
No I didn't was my reply and that ended as soon as it began. :0)
He slept the night through. When I woke him at 6a.m. to give him his meds he stated that he was in pain and when asked where he said his pecker. Asked for 2 pain pills and I gave him the second one. About a year ago I had talked with his primary about giving him more than one pain pill and he said it was okay to do it. Told me to just call him for more pain med when I needed it during the same month and he would authorize a second refill. Looks like that time is here.
He went back to sleep and that's where I am at now (Up to the correct time and date. ) Almost 7 a.m.
Began writing in my diary during the later part of the evening last night. I'm grabbing the times to write my thoughts down when they present themselves if possible
Here is the report on the CT they took when he was in the E.R.
Technique: Noncontrast Head CT
Impression:
Large area of encephalomalcia within the right occipital and parahippocarmpal gyrus is likely related to old right PCA infarct.
There is also encephalomalcia within the left occipital lobe and left parieto-occipital region probably also related to old infarct.
Ex vacuo dilation of the right and left occipital horn are seen.
Scattered areas of low attenuation within the periventricular, deep, and subcortical white matter likely represents moderate to severe microangiopathic ischemic disease.
Low attenuating foci within the bilateral lentiform nuclei and right thalmus likely representslacunar infarcts.
No evidence for hemorrage, mass effect, or extra-axial fluid collection is seen.
So what the doctor told Jill in the E.R. is ....the old brain bleeds are now not allowing the brain to send the correct signals to his other organs so they can perform correctly.
He had 5cc's of blood in four seperate areas of his brain 6 or 7 years ago. That adds up to 20cc's.
No reason for those bleeds was indicated in the angio they did of his brain back then.
He had one massive headache.
A few months later he had a bleed in two different areas and the angio again failed to find a reason, but caused him to have a stroke on the table that left him unable to see and gradually his right eye vision came back and the left eye suffered alot of dead areas. Now he has cataracts. Fun,fun.
His hearing has been going South too. More fun,fun.
He's a fighter! In more ways than one if you get my drift. I shit you not!
Ex SIL from Hell went to S.Korea, not N.Korea Monday for 2 months and his wife will leave the 18th and stay 3 weeks. Erzi her 8 year old will stay with the neighbor Mrs.Williams again. Not my problem, but damn I feel bad for this child and wonder what is going on in his head.
To be truthful, if we lived in the same town I would have offered to keep him and send him off to school.
That's me in a nutshell..............................
Hubby is awake again and asked for his coffee. He's still dizzy like he was at 6 and is trying to stay sitting propped up in bed so he can drink his coffee when it cools down some.
He's voicing his concern about why he is feeling dizzy so often now. I told him I'm concerned about that too. I am.
Just took his BP. 144/81 pulse 76. Very good for him.
If I sound all over the place ...........well I AM! ;0)
Physically I am in good shape. My mind...............well that's up for debate! ;0)
Closing up the house and turning the A/C on is not enjoyable to me.
We were suppose to have a birthday party for grandson Ryan's wife Sarah tonight. Jill made the cake earlier this morning and brownies. She has since heard from her son Ryan that Sarah is very sick. She took the day off from work and is going to see her doctor. I can deal with no cookout if it comes to that. Haven't shopped for her gift yet either. Card and money is always good. :0)
That's All Folks!
The ramblings of a mom of 9 by her KIDS that are STILL making her climb walls ,even as adults. Said I DO 3xs and I WANT OUT 2 xs. Have learned there is no such thing as a Rose Garden. My motto is Life Is Too Short To Be Miserable. When the bad outweighs the good it is time to shit can em. Laugh with me or at me, welcome to my world.
I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )
sounds grim..like you said the physical stuff is hard but doable, but the emotional roller coaster would do me in too. I hope you manage but if not don't be afraid to ask for help (hopefully available)
ReplyDeleteHugs!!
Brain bleeding and strokes. So scary. With such bad outcomes. -sigh-
ReplyDeleteDon't know what to say, other than wishing you well. You need a complete break from the routine, is what you need. But complete breaks, for care-givers, are not easy things to find.
-sigh-
Could you put a sign up, over his bed, which only you understands? And which reminds you that ...
"It's the Strokes talking"
Would that reminder to glance up at, when he gets talking CRAP, be any help to you? For defusing your stress? For your peace of mind?
That's all I'm worried about... How you will get through this. -sigh-
~♥~
This is the first time I've heard you admit that this is a tremendous amount of stress for you. Have you talked to the doctor about getting some help at home? I know you have Jill to help, but maybe a home health aide would be helpful as well. My heart goes out to you, my friend.
ReplyDeleteMary
It's good that you can vent in your blog knowing its only us reading.
ReplyDelete