I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Friday, May 13, 2011

D D WTF is happening???

If I tell you....you won't believe it!
Around 1:30 p.m. hubby comes into the bedroom to lie down.  No problem.
I was on my laptop in here and after awhile I decided to join him in Dreamland. :0)
It was around 3:30 when I got up and hubby says to me, " did you give me my pill?"
I told him that I gave him his pills twice today already and left the room.
When I came back into the bedroom he asked me where his coffee was.    ????????????
I told him he already had his coffee.  Again he asks for his coffee and again I tell him he already had it.
I walked out of the room and DIL Deb was home so I told her what he had said.
She is telling me it sounds like he has some dementia and he does not realize what he is saying.
Something to that effect anyway.
Me? My thoughts ran towards he is trying to make me think I'm crazy. So this is what is happening??????
She goes in to him and tells him he has been in bed long enough. He insists to her that it's morning and he hasn't had his coffee and a long line of other things.
She comes out to me and I confirm to her he has had coffee and cookies in the morning and lunch.
Back she goes to tell him. He would not believe her and continued to argue it was morning. Eventually ( at her prodding) he got up. He still would not believe it was not morning ...even when she would point to a clock. His look was....you are playing tricks with my mind, but you are not fooling me. sigh!
I don't think he ever believed us.
    I came in the bedroom at five. He followed soon after. He told me to knock the shit off in an ugly voice. He declared he was lying down. What did it matter to us . ( Deb had told him lying in bed all day was not good )
Then he tells me I am the one that told him as I was leaving the room that I was going to go make coffee.
?????????????????????????????????? That would be a noooooooooooooooooooooo.
  It wasn't long after that Deb came back home from getting her own hair cut and I told her what was going on. She went in to him and asked why he was back in bed. Explained AGAIN it was not good to be shut off from everyone and he would go down hill. Put me in a rest Home he said. What good would that do was her reply. "None" was his reply back to her.
I offered to make him a bowl of Wheaties with a sliced banana and he agreed to it. She told him to get up and eat at the table.
That is where he is now.
I keep trying to paint a picture of what his face looks like when he is told things are different than what he is perceiving and the best I can come up with is.......we are the enemy. I shit you not!
Then there are the times that...he makes sense.
I am soooooooooooooooo confused.  He makes sense.......and then he doesn't.  sigh!
  He does not like any of the food stuffs that Dianne has been making. Last nights tasted like vomit he claimed to me. I on the other hand loved it as well as Deb,Sonny and Derek.
Knew he would not want her cooking tonight,  so I gave him the cereal.
I will give him another container of Ensure tonight.

It is now 8:15 p.m. Ava has been crying for over an hour. Daddt took her and Aliya for a stroller walk and mommy went out with Deb to the casino. It's Ladies Night.  It goes without saying that I turned going out tonight down.
Ava wants mommy. If daddy was out, she would want daddy. This two year old does alot of whining and crying. She has had no nap today. They couldn't get her to lay down. When mommy tries to put the baby down for a nap Ava invariably goes into the bedroom and starts whining for attention and the baby wakes or doesn't go to sleep. Sleep is a twenty minute nap at the most for the baby and I can't remember Ava taking a nap since they have been here.  Derek has been in the bedroom the entire time trying to get them to quiet down and go to sleep.  Trying to reason with Ava that she needs to keep her diaper on so she don't pee the bed and she is refusing to listen .
Parenting is so different.  My kids had set bedtimes. Looks like Ava is testing his will and thinks he will give in to her.  Lets see if he lets her get up. I can still hear him telling her that she needs her diaper on. 
He hasn't raised his voice. Unbelievable patience. Now I'm hearing him tell her that she peed the bed.
"OMG Ava you peed the bed. Exactly what daddy didn't want". he said.
I'd have been in the looney bin if I had to listen to nine kids do what I am hearing. 
Looks like he can keep his sanity with his two and more power to him.
Both parents seem to let this stuff slide off their backs ( so to speak ) and don't lose their cool. 
Dianne is 39 and Derek is 36.
I didn't have those same coping capabilities at the age I began having kids.
Now I hear him on the phone with Dianne and she has been gone a whole hour and a half away from the kids. He had 5 hours last night. Come to think of it,  he gets waaaaaaaaaaaaay more time off than mommy.  Isn't that always the way.
   Hubby is watching Dancing With The Stars and seems with it tonight. :0)
Think I'll play a little freebee poker online.

   Around 9 last night he came out of the room with Aliya on his hip and said, " shoot me. :0)
I offered to hold the baby while he got Ava to sleep. She wanted no part of me, so he took her back in the bedroom. :0(  Earlier in the day she let me hold her.  sigh!
Nine thirty all was quiet.  Not even a sound from daddy. 
Ava has puffy eyes this morning. 

I heard from Deb that Dianne won $135 last night. Good for her. That's about the amount she spent at Bealls the other day.
This morning Deb had her talk with me.........................which made her VERY LATE for her meeting when she discovered the time. Which in turn made me feel even more shittty.
I know everything she said is right. Maybe even hearing that I thrive on the shit that goes on at home too.
She said...if I wanted to change my life I COULD! 
With hubby is one thing...my kids is ANOTHER. 
She and my son have watched hubby deteriorate since he has been here. The rest of the family should be aware of this.
Yesterday was REAL ....not only to me, but to him.
He was not just trying to push my buttons.
I have every right to be angry at him, but it is not condusive to my health.

Okay.......again WTF is happening??? I thought that I posted this.  ?????
Know that I was unable to use this site yesterday, but never realized this wasn't posted until just now. sigh!
If it's a repeat...overlook it. PLZ
It's Friday the 13th. Hubby has had the shits since 4:30 a.m.
Will hopefully have a better day tomorrow . No change in when we will leave here yet. All the senior fares are sold out for weeks, but if push comes to shove, we will pay the regular fare.
   Anyone watching the Casey Anthony Trial jury selection?  I'm a Crime Junkie, so you know that I am.


That's All Folks!

8 comments:

  1. i'm so sorry...my mom and aunt told me about some of the hard times they had whith my grandmother when she started to decline. Dementia is a terrible thing for all involved. I hope you can figure out what to do, your DIL sounds like a very sensible Woman and i'm glad you have somebody to talk to. If you end up going back home your family has to realize you can't put up with any BS, Hubby will be enough work as it is. I'm glad to hear your Son can travel with you if you decide to go home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not for me to say, but I feel that Deb speaks Wisdom. And I agree with her. Actually, I've said some of that myself. But was over-stepping MY bounds.

    I wish you clear thinking. I think that's what you need. Clarity. Common sense and clarity.

    Gentle hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my dear friend, I am so sorry to hear you are going through this. I'm wondering, do you think he would show some improvement if he were back home? Or do you think it is past that now?

    My heart goes out to you. I know how hard it is dealing with someone with dementia. A dear friend of mine died of AIDS about 15 years ago and he had dementia. It was so hard listening to him talk to me that way. My friend, you are so very strong. Know that I am sending prayers your way.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand how you feel. It's really hard to know what to do when someone's mind isn't all there. Maybe you should take him to a doctor that specializes in geriatrics. You can also get him evaluated for dementia. Or one of his medications could be causing his confusion as well. I think Power of Attorney's are good. I have one for my mother. My husband and I also have one. We also have living wills and durable power of health. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you need to get dr. confirmation on his dementia..immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really does sound like he's declining but only you can decide what to do. I agree that a firm diagnosis is needed though.
    Lots of thoughts going out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like Blogger is still not with it and all the comments have disappeared. I hope you are well ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's after 6PM on Sat.... No posting here. Blogger has been back in service. Although like 'Twain12' said.... comments have gone poof on some posts.

    Just saw weather which showed lost of T-storms going across FL and I wondered about you.

    And how everything in general, is going. But you will check in, when you can.

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you