......that you would like to forget.
Almost from the time hubby woke yesterday he had the diarrhea.
Gave him Immodium AD 3 times before noon and scalded milk for him in the early p.m. as all he did was bitch that the pils weren't doing a thing and according to him...one glass of scaleded milk and he is CURED, so I made it for him. .
Which is B/S. I shit you not!
He layed in bed most of the day and DIL Deb insisted he get up for supper , which he did.
He stayed up until after nine. Both of us retired to our bedroom around then and while he snoozed I was online for an hour reading my emails.
Got some Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's until just after midnight when his diarrhea returned with avengence. :0(
Back and forth to the bathroom for the two of us. Not a pretty sight....the in sickness and in health part vow we took kicked in. Severe stomach cramps accompanied and he got so weak I was just cutting the Depends off of him and changing him as he was too weak to get out of bed.
Come 6 a.m my son was up and I ran going to St.Petersburg V.A. by him , I dressed, changed hubby and my son got him in his wheelchair out to the car and off we drove.
At that time of the morning it only was an hours drive. Coming home after 2 p.m. it was longer, PLUS a wicked hard driving rain storm was bearing down on us and we just made it into the car before the sheets of rain hit. :0)
He was admitted. Potassium and magnesium levels were down.White blood count is up. Again trouble getting a vein for an IV . This time it's in the top of his hand and they gave him one bag of a saline fluid and another of magnesium in the E.R.
They are going to do all kinds of cultures including with his stool. Xrays of his chest and stomach were also taken before he was brought up to his room. Private room, BUT on the side of the hall where there is no view of the bay. Oh well! View or no view he's in the right place.
Once back home I ate some leftover chicken and some rice and grabbed some Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's for a few hours.
Hubby was blaming the BBQ chicken that we ( all 7 ) ate last night as giving him food poison.
Grandson Derek made the mistake of saying the chicken was Rad and hubby heard it as Bad. sigh!
Before I left the hospital his attending doctor came into his room asking medical questions and when hubby mentioned he was lactose intollerant i told him of me scalding whole milk for him to drink when he has a loose stool. That docotor said. " you can't be lactose intollerant then". Thinks IBS , but needs to rule out all the more serious stuff before he tests him for that.
He definately has Diverticulitis. I won't argue with him there! I shit you not!
We fought the rain most of the way home. Shortly after we pulled into the garage some rain came, BUT nothing like the storm we drove out of in St.Pete. White caps on both sides of us on I 75 as we drove over the Skyway Bridge. In the early morning hours as we drove into St.Pete the ocean was calm and people were out in small boats fishing. What a difference coming home.
Grandson cooked steak on the grille aand I fed my face again. :0(
I frown because.................... last Wednesday at my W.W.Meeting I had made a 25 pound loss since I began going there mid February. :0) Weigh 186.4 and began at 213.6
I have not counted Points since that meeting. UGH! I am loving this Asian cooking too damn much. sigh!
May or may not post for the next few days.
Our bedroom needs some love and care. Set my cell phone down somewhere in here this morning and I know not where. Just remembered I put a load of our clothes in the washer when I returned this afternoon. Those need drying before I call it a night and it's after 9 p.m.
Once again Ava's whining and crying has set the baby off. Dianne had been in the other bedroom trying to get her to sleep and when Ava wants mommy....her whining and crying gets her her way. SIGH!
Daddy don't like to hear Ava cry so he let her go into the bedroom.. He wants her to love him is his reasoning for giving her her way..
OBOY!!!! Daddy has alot to learn, I shit you not!
That's All Folks!
The ramblings of a mom of 9 by her KIDS that are STILL making her climb walls ,even as adults. Said I DO 3xs and I WANT OUT 2 xs. Have learned there is no such thing as a Rose Garden. My motto is Life Is Too Short To Be Miserable. When the bad outweighs the good it is time to shit can em. Laugh with me or at me, welcome to my world.
I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )
I'm glad that kept hubby. Gives you a chance for a restful night and perhaps maybe now they can get to the bottom of what is ailing him.
ReplyDeleteMary
Thank goodness your husband is in the hospital. It will give you some time to relax and they will figure out how to help him. Congratulations on the weight loss. That's great.
ReplyDeleteGlad he's somewhere now where he might get some serious help and diagnosis and you can catch your breath and get some rest. You're a bloody saint is all I can say.
ReplyDeleteAnd go easy on yourself re counting points right now, just do the best you can and you can always make up for it later when things have settled down.
I worry about you!
i hope they get to the bottom of this too. My SIL has Celiac and some of the symptoms sound like it. Maybe something to ask about if it is a gluten intolerance. But regardless the HP is the best place for him..i hope you get some rest.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad he's back in the hospital. You should take a few days to yorself... rest!
ReplyDelete((Hugs))
So glad hubby is admitted! He was lying around killing himself, at home. Sad to say but...
ReplyDeleteAnd all this is not doing you, any good... Of course.
How much longer will the visit of the please-don't-cry-kids, last? ,-) Wouldn't it be *loverly* if you had some time in FL, when you could actually relax for a few hours?
~♥~