I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Friday, May 27, 2011

D D Home at last

It didn't seem like we would be going home when the diarrhea hit hubby with full force at 2:30 p.m. yesterday. He was shit from his ass to his heels and I was in shit up to my elbows cleaning him up.
Until it was time to get in the car he just laid in bed with a pull up on.
   Then there was the hour delay for our flight. T Storms up and down the flight path and let me tell you ...I was in awe watching out the window as all across the horizon lightning was flashing and bouncing off the clouds here there and everywhere.  It was quite the thing to see.
Wasn't too long in the air when hubby began to freeze. No longer are there blankets on a flight. Well on Southwest anyway. The lady seated next to him threw her jacket over him. This simple act of kindness touched me.  There are some good people out there. I shit you not!
An hour into the flight he asked me for a barf bag ( still had the one from Sarasota Memorial E.R. and thought to keep it handy.  He had the dry heaves the rest of flight.
Jill and Butchie were there to greet us. Right away I smelled the booze on her breath. :0(
Once inside the house he discovered we have a new dog.  Dang thing makes howling noises ....couldn't hide this dog.  :0)  He seemed okay with it.  It's either that or he's too sick and weak to complain.
He's asleep within a half hour and I crawl in beside him a little after one and just lay there beside him...thinking..
Two something a.m. I am cutting off his pull up and again I'm up to my elbows cleaning shit. He just laid there and dozed off and on while I cleaned him up.
So here I sit at my desk top unable to sleep.  Pulled all my old XXL winter pj's out of my bureau, all my ( seen better days ) size 10 undies and a few old bras and have them in a pile on my bedroom floor.
Am I nuts?  Or what?????
I looked around this house when I came in and ALL my clutter depressed me.  I have too much shit, but of course like everyone else, my shit is good shit.
I need to part with things. I shit you not!
It was like a shock coming into this house after leaving a house with NO CLUTTER. 

Hubby has an appointment with his primary V.A. doctor at 1:30 p.m. today.
I have a feeling he will want him in the hospital. :0(   In some ways it could be good. I could get something done around here and they are better prepared to deal with the care he needs.
They need to find out why he has whatever he has. 

It's after 3:30 a.m. Last night I didn't get much sleep.  I won't be any good to anyone if I don't get some sleep before daylight.  For an hour he has been sleeping peacefully.  Hoping it lasts til daybreak and then some.

That's All Folks!

4 comments:

  1. glad you made it home and i hope you got some rest. At least being home whatever care he needs can be done in the long term. Sending hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you arrived safely. Now get some rest as you become acclimated to being back home. (((Hugs)))
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are home safe!!! It was quite a night of weather.

    It's getting obvious, that you can not care for him, at home, Dear One.

    As to smelling booze on the breath -- Welcome home to MA. -sigh-

    YES, no clutter is good! :-) But to me, this comes naturally. You'll keep the lovely sensation of Deb's-no-clutter-home in your mind. I hope.

    Courage!

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that it's getting to the point where you can't care for him yourself, I worry that you will get sick as well.
    Still having trouble commenting.
    Trish.

    ReplyDelete

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you