I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Monday, May 09, 2011

D D Decision Day

From 3 to 9:30 p.m. was spent in the E.R. at Sarasota Memorial Hospital. :0(
Hubby was too weak to walk and confused and disoriented. Wasn't drinking or eating (didn't feel like it) and his heart was beating like a trip hammer. He would try to use his urinal and get piss all over him and the side of the bed and needed a few changes. FINALLY he agreed to go to the hospital. :0)
I get him changed and son gets him in the car and I chose to go to the hospital I had my surgery at instead of Doctors Hospital where he was last admitted due to the reason I was not happy with the care he got from the nurses aides.  Wearing the same fecees stained johnny from 8 a/m. the day he was discharged until he left there after 4 to go to a  rehab was still fresh in my memory.
Big Mistake! None of his records are there and two times the doctor on call called over there and got no result. :0(
Everything and everyone moved slow as hell .
Hubby would give me an unappropriate answer and I would look at my son with the expression on my face ( are you seeig and hearing what I'm hearing.)
Finally they allowed him to lie on a gurney and cover up outside of the Triage.
Once in a room it was more waiting for the doctor. An hour goes by. The doctor finally is trying to evaluate what is going on and orderes bloodwork and a urine test. Minutes after he left the room the nurse enters and she says they are going to take him for a cat scan.  No...no..no.........no,no.
That was out of me.  He just had all that a few months ago.
They did a chest xray.  The nurse tries to get blood out of him and his veins are blowing out. Taking blood has NEVER been a problem with him. She keeps putting a turnequet on and tapping where the veins should appear/be.  Eventually she gets blood and it's back to waiting in the freezing cold room ( where they have two blankets on him) and I am in shorts.
When she finally came back she put hung up a bag of fluid and let it go into him and left saying she would need a urine sample.  The bag empties and he still doesn't have to go.  After 8 p.m. sometime he uses the urinal with my help. I let them know at the desk it's there. Eventually that goes for testing and around ten the attending doctor tells me they found nothing. Everything checks out good.   Like ????? WTF
He asks hubby if he is going to drink when he goes home. No. Well that makes it easy the doctor said. You will stay here if you don't eat or drink. He agreed to apple juice and drank it.  Discharge papers are being prepared.  More waiting and w a i t i n g.
Once the car is brought to his wheelchair I suggest Wendys chili which was directley accross the street.
He agrees. Once on the road it was " you eat them both. I don't want any. " OMG!
My son suggests the Sonnys BBQ up the road. He's in agreement. It was closing but I was able to get us both the sandwich we like with a side of beans and a drink. Ice tea for him.
Once we are back inside the house and I get his food on the table, it's after ten thirty.
I still haven't used a bathroom since I left home, nor eaten.  He needs to use the bathroom... Tick, Tick
Son puts the wheelchair up to the table and hubby starts. Why did I get/give him a cold drink. Cold drinks are the reason for his problem. HUH????  News to me.
I told you this and still you give me cold drinks. Yuh...duh!   Once you open orange juice or any other juice in a container.....you have to refrigerate it and I HAVE ALWAYS given hm refrigerated juice.  So whats the big deal??????  
He wants neither he claims.............room temp ONLY.  OMG! Let me go pour some juice so it can warm up. ;0) There's always the microwave.

One bite out of the sandwich and a taste of beans, he was done and wanted in bed.
Finally got to eat after I got him in bed.

I've been up with him since 4:30. A few times he needed help to get into the bathroom to try to have a B.M.
I have tried to get him to get up and he says in awhile each time I ask him.
It's nine. No food or drink in him yet. :0(  Only enough to swallow his pain med .
DIL Deb said last night that we need to make a PLAN today.
It's looking to her as she watches him that if we don't get on a plane soon and go home...he will not be sitting on a seat when he goes home and it isn't fair to his birth children that they don't get to say their goodbyes.
I'm in DENIAL...I think.  I don't see the situation as that grave.

I called Jill a few times yesterday .  The first call was to let her know we were taking him to the hospital. The second was to let her know he was being sent home.
I was not happy with where she was late last night,nor the sound of her voice ( nasal. thick tongued ).
I shit you not!
Too much to go into. I need to get showered . My Home health Care nurse will be here at ten and I still need to get him out of bed and at least something to drink in him.

That's All Folks!

8 comments:

  1. that must be so hard.. I worry about you having to travel with him all by yourself. Take care of yourself...sending hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad he wouldn't stay at the hospital. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart is going out to you, my friend, and all that you are going through. You are so very special. I am with Twain12. I worry about you making that flight alone with him. Is there no one who can travel with you?
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking about you and hoping things get better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ((( Hugs)))

    Does the airline have a medical personel that can fly with you... just in case?

    Chin up my friend. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a mess..can't imagine you having to do all this basically alone..prayers sent

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guess no words I can type will make things better but I'm glad that you're able to tell us about your frustrations and your worries...I know that usually helps me if I can at least talk (write) about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your d-i-law is a nurse. Listen to her.

    And also........... I wondered how you'd be able to NOT do lifting, after your op. What with hubby. And now, hubby is even worse!

    -sigh-

    If you fly home, how quickly can you get him into a vet hospital up home? Remember you just had an op, and are supposed to not lift, as you said.

    -sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-

    Gentle hugs,
    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you