Now....... if someone had have told me back three months ago that I would feel as good as I do, I would never have believed it.
My urologist ( all 48 years young of him ) is going to stop my pissing.......sooooooooooooooo after surgery when I piss and moan, I will be just moaning. :0)
He thinks he can STOP it completely, but if not he can inject collagen to build up the wall around my bladder and that will cure what ails me..
Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll something like that!
In his words I have a serious condition. Wanted to say " no shit Dick Tracy ", but instead said " tell me about it".
This takes me back to my childhood and our silly jokes.
( Ever read the book Yellow River by I.P.Freely ? ) giggle,giggle
I go the nineteenth of this month for some procedure called a Urodynamic Study.
This procedure will make me feel like I have to piss something FIERCE ! :0(
Have to have a FULL Bladder for it.
One has to do....what one has to do.
Sometime before the end of this month I will be able to throw these damned POISE pads out the door.
Goodbye and Good Riddance !
It's day surgery. I will have to have someone come to the house the next day to take the catherater out and make sure I can piddle.
I ( knock on wood ) have only been under anesthesia once in my lifetime.
In 1967 after a pap smear I was called at home by my GYN himself telling me that the pathologist had found cells on my cervix that he didn't like the looks of.
I went to my GYN because I was having some discomfort during sex and KNEW it was not right.
Trust me when I say that I prefer to keep my distance between doctors, BUT.....my brain told me I'd be a FOOL to ignore it.
Within a few days I was under anesthesia ....which to this day is ALL TOO fresh in my memory.
The anesthesiologist came into hospital room the night before and asked me what I wanted to have.
Being thirty and perky, I said " what's on the menu?"
When he got to sodium pentathol I said "that's it."
This I had had for teeth pulling and knew what to expect.
Come the morning of the surgery I was given something by mouth while I was still in my room with three other people.
One elderly lady had been sat in a chair with her tray in front of her and was sliding down out of it and I'm paging for HELP.
They wheel me out of the room to the OR and I'm saying " youhoo, I'm still awake."
( My mother was OUT whenever she had surgery, before she left the room ) so that was my reference.
We get outside the OR door and I can see someone mopping the floor inside there..
Once inside the OR and before I knew it, I was slapped in the face with a mask and told to breathe deeply and I struggled to get away.
You have the wrong person .....I'm saying. They were saying " count backwards from 100 to .....
Scared, frightened , terrified would decribe my feelings.
Like where the Hell is the sodium! That's a needle in my arm and this mask has funny smelling shit in it.
Felt myself all over to make sure I had both arms, legs, and no cuts when I came to. I shit you not!
I had a cone shaped piece taken from around my cervix. Never can remember what that surgery is called.
Next day I wanted OUT. It was a weekend and they told me they didn't have the results yet. I should stay/
I signed myself out telling them I wasn't stupid. If the pathologist thinks I need a hysterectomy I WOULD BE BACK!
Happy,Happy to report I didn't have a hysterectomy. :0)
Had a pap smear done every six months for five years and ALL were NEGATIVE.
Going under anesthesia again is scarey to me. Chose to have 3 D and C's done in my NEXT GYN's office over being done in the hospital under anesthesia. I shit you not!
My GYN was murdered in his home along with his wife and young son. Two daughters were away at college and survived this massacre by three young men and I had to find another. Bad things happen to GOOD people.
I asked this doctor yesterday if this procedure coud be done without anesthesia. ( Jokingly of course, but maybe deep down I was hoping. )
He told me he didn't want to have to chase me all over ther table. :0) Guess that was a NO.
From the doctor's office we went clothes shopping. JC Penney and Beall's.
Bought myself a few tops and a pair of jeans and a white skort. Size 16.
Came back to the house and gathered my 18's up and bagged them.
Weight Watchers is planning a date we can bring out clothes in and give them to whomever now wears the size you did when you started. It's a GR8 idea. Maybe I'll see something my style and size now too. :0)
Later in the evening we drove to Siesta Key for an ice cream and the atmosphere.
Lots of people were out and about. Bought hubby salt water taffy.
He didn't go with us. Had the shits all day. :0(
More good news. My brother Larry called me and he and my SIL Judy will be coming down from Jacksonville to visit me again the weekend of Easter. :0) That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Today we go to the Shriners Circus with the grands ( my greats ) at 1 p.m. Pictures....must remember to take my camera. I shit you not!
DIL Deb has woken and is doing housework already. The coffee is perking and I need my first cup to get my motor started. :0)
While i'd like to stay and chat longer....I have things to do and places to go. :0)
That's All Folks!
Me without my morning coffee

good luck with the procedure and how tragic about your DR. :(...enjoy the circus
ReplyDelete-chuckle- You were certainly full of piss and vinegar, when you wrote this entry. -giggles- [Pun intended]
ReplyDeleteGlad you are so happy, all round. The weight business is super great!
I've had that little Urodynamic Study, or something which sounds a lot like it. Mmmmmmmmm... I'll leave it at that. ,-)
That's on the 19th and the main procedure is a bit later in the month, I take it. Best of luck, of course.
You are really having great luck with things, while down there in FL!!! Super!
Gentle hugs...
Glad you are going to have that taken care of, and congrats on the size 16. That's tremendous. I am so happy for you. It's been so long since I bought sizes, I don't even know what I would wear. I've gotten stuck in the 3X's...hopefully not for much longer, though.
ReplyDeleteMary
I also had that surgery you had in 1967... but it was 93 and way better than what you experienced. I don't even think they knocked me out, I think it was just done with a local.
ReplyDeleteHere's hoping this next round with your surgery will be sweet dreams. :)