I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Friday, January 07, 2011

D D Day 38 and trying to make some headway.

Called my son Randy last night and he said he would come in the morning to help me out with the desktop problem.:0)
Was sitting at the kitchen table with Tracie and he came through the door about an hour later.
My heart jumped..:0) 
:0( Was here to gather up the parlor tower and my desktop tower and bring them back to his house to clean them out.
He was IN and OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Is bringing them back this morning. Told me to call and cancel my ISP service repair technician and I did.
   Tracie called and asked if I wanted to go make my purchase returns and I put it off to next week.
Asked if we still had leftover ham and could she come here with some bread and make herself sandwiches to eat. It's her second favorite sandwich she said. 
Sure.......come along.
Hubby's sister Ann had called him and it's not often that they talk so he was on the phone most of Tracie's visit . :0)
After she left and I was at the table on the laptop , I heard him say to his sister." I think they left me all alone."
So I spoke up.  He thought I went off somewhere with Tracie.
I never leave the house without first kissing him goodbye, but I guess there could be a First Time.

Wrote out checks this morning. Always a fun thing to do. NOT!
House taxes up another $50 a Quarter and my house is worth less than it was a few years ago. Sigh!
No social security increase, but a $200 house tax increase this year and there was an increase last year too.
Water bill was $307. Think that our water is billed twice a year. Liked it better when we had a septic tank.
Now we pay the same amount for incoming water as outgoing water. Sigh!
Water bills increased too.   What doesn't!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Began to straighten up and clean my bureau top.
Noticed the bag of Rose Hips that I bought at one of the Christmas Fairs that Tracie and I went to.
Love that smell, so I discreetly emptied them in a flower vase and will feign DUMB if hubby smells anything.
The vase is placed up high.
   He has two of his three closet shelves up and I'm hoping number three gets put up today and maybe he can get his SHIT back up on his shelves and I can finally empty his hated chair.
I had to make a corner of the chair bare so that Ginger can jump up first on the chair and then onto the bed. :0)
The clutter in our bedroom is adding to whatever ails me. 
Asked Jill again this morning if she can get up into the attic and put my new Christmas decorations away up there.  
I myself need to climb up those folding stairs to the top where a box of pictures is located next to the edge of the opening and see if I can find a picture of DIL Deb with son Terry taken on their wedding.
I am bad about writing dates on pictures, BUT here's hoping.

No one could have imagined the scene in my house when son Randy came. NO ONE! I shit you not!
He brought with him an air ?????????
Will go look at box in hubbys closet before I post....unless I forget.
He decided hubby needs this to clean out our computer towers and such, so he proceeded to give him a lesson on how to use it and to maintain it so vapor doesn't rust the inside out.
See, I even got educated. ;0) From another room even.
At one time hubby made a break away and said something about his prediciment and I said, " better you, than me."  ;0)
He had this ( I think it's an air compressor ) not small like ones hubby has owned to blow up pool tubes and the likes though RUNNING IN THE KITCHEN.
Any idea of how loud these things are????????????????
Meantime I'm thinking.......bring in my tower and hook it up and let's see if it works again.
Can't look a gift horse in the mouth....sigh!  So after hubby got educated and they stored that item in hubby's closet, Randy hooked up the parlor tower.......well No. He asked W.B. to hook all the wires back on it and then WB said it wasn't recognizing the keyboard in there.
Leave a boy to do a man's job.............sigh.......... Randy went and did it over and it worked fine.
The W.B. had plugged plugs in while the computer was on and YOU CAN'T DO THAT.
I didn't know that either, but I never said I was computer savy. ;0)
Finally it was time for my tower. yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
I had made things n i c e.... Took a warm damp cloth and cleaned all the dust on my desktop table and vacuumed all around it. :0)
Looks good today....tomorrow there will be more dust. :0(
Glad to say I have an operational desktop computer thanks to my son.  :0) :0) :0)
He took pictures with his camera of the dust inside of the parlor desktop tower. UGLY ! Take my word for it!
He had cleaned mine out maybe 6 months ago and it wasn't too bad.
Logans had never been cleaned since I bought it. YUCK!
He still doesn't know why mine was doing what it did.......

Before he left hubby asked him to mark the wall in his closet so he could put the last shelf up.
As he was doing that I turned the heating pad on and placed it on the side of my right leg
I piled up three pillows behind my head and sat back to watch  court trial. ( The nerve that runs along the outside of my right arm and leg have been waking me at night with pain and I haven't made time to go to the chiropractors last week or this week.) sigh!
Wouldn't you know it...I dozed off and slept a good two hours and my neck ended up hurting from the position I was in.
Randy had put the last shelf up and had left. Later I looked at the shelf he put up. It was nice and even.
( Do remember hearing a hammer and the likes ) :0)
The one below it that hubby put up is higher in the front than towards the back.  Uneven isn't even the word.
Oh well... as long as he did it and is happy with it...what do I care.

I swear...................I'm busy trying to get this posted and Tracie comes.
Wanted to know if I wanted to go to the OutBack with her. 
Told her I had just put that last rounded tablespoon of tuna on a bun and ate that for supper.
Offered her some of the turkey we still had plenty of slices of and she made herself two sandwiches.
After almost two hours of idle chat and me fidgeting to get back to my computer I told her I needed to do some things in preperation for the end of the night and she left.  It was 6 p.m. sigh!
She's across the street at her parents now. I can see the TV screen light through the picture window.
She has a good heart and does for others. Needs her cable service in her apartment hooked up and a cell phone.
Has one that tax payers pay for, but all she gets on it is an hour a month.

Hubbys cholestrol med still didn't arrive in the mail. V.A. won't be open again until Monday.
8 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays are the hours they are open. . Looks like the government gives themselves a paid lunch hour too.

Oh and Mack and Myre have been gone since noon.
He went home to change out of his uniform and shower.  Hopefully he fed and watered his ferret like Jill reminded him to.
Came back and I heard her telling him as I walked near her room that she had purchased $100 worth of groceries the other day and I think....not sure though...I heard her say he needed to pitch in for groceries.
I'm willing to bet they have been someplace nice to eat and are now having a grand old time with their cohorts at the Moose Hall making CONVERSATION. 
All week no money to go out for CONVERSATION and as soon as it's payday........he pisses it away.

While it is quiet here and I'm glad he isn't here.........I'm still PISSED OFF!
I need to find my voice tomorrow and speak up. Not loud enough for hubby to add to it, but speak my mind as to where his money goes.
If I can eat DIL Kim's pinto beans she brought to me to try and a slice of ham and hubby had a ham and mustard sandwich for his supper last night and tonight he asked for wheaties and I had tuna W.B. can eat leftovers too. 
He gets a dime in his pocket and he has to spend it. 
We have PLENTY of leftovers . Turkey from Randy, more ham and today Randy brought a fully cooked Sams whole chicken untouched.
When he bought it he was hungry and when it was time to eat he lost his appetite. 
Right away I wonder what is up with his appetite.  Three slices off a whole turkey. None of the chicken eaten.  Almost all of his pu pu platter given to me last week.
Gave Tracie the egg rolls for a snack tonight.  No sense in this good food going to waste .

Ventured outside to plug in those roof ice melters and sweep up birdseed and refill feeders.
All set for the snow now. Teeny tiny flakes are floating down as I type.

Time I got this posted and read some blogs.

That's All Folks!











 

3 comments:

  1. glad you got your computer back...your leftover food sounds pretty good to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you posted. I was a bit worried when I saw nothing yesterday. Gosh, I do know what you mean about these technological things. My son bought me a Kindle for Christmas and I was so excited. Couldn't wait to download books. But I haven't been able to use it yet. They make it seem like all you have to do is buy it and start downloading. They don't tell you if you don't have something called a router it won't work. So, there is another fifty bucks. Now, we have it but can't figure out how to install the darned thing.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. "parlor tower and my desktop tower"

    They got cleaned out. What are they? Mine probably need dusting out too.

    A picture would clear this matter up, for the "techy-deprived" like me. :-)

    ReplyDelete

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you