I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

D D Day 28 and I bring to you....North Point's iBand





Monday Evening 12-27-10
The Wind! The Wind!
It's 17 degrees and with the wind chill factor its BELOW ZERO! I shit you not!
5:30 p.m.  The night has a long way to go.
The sliding glass doors in my bedroom are rattling and the howling of the wind is a REMINDER that IT'S NASTY OUTDOORS!
   Three times I lost my internet connection already today .  sigh!
There are those that have no power AT ALL, so I should not be complaining about computer service
We have been there...and where our heating system has an electronic ignition.....we have damn near FROZE TO DEATH!
Okay, I'm blowing those situations up some...but inside under the blankets it still was mighty damn cold.
I shit you not!
We can light our stove burners with a match when power goes out. Not sure about the oven.....or don't remember. Which is a good possibility. ;0)
Spending some time in FL is looking pretty good about now.  I shit you not!

W.B. didn't fall asleep right away.  He was ove tired. Come 4 p.m. he went was out like a light....or like my internet service.
   Jill is makiing herself and I, macaroni, tomatos and cheese.  YUM!
I made hubby oatmeal .  To each their own menu . I'm thankful that I can eat cheese without any repercussions. VERY!

Made a call to Alaska to my best friend Nancy while I waited to for my supper to be ready.
We talked in between my bites of food and  had a nice conversation until it was time for her to make her supper before her hubby made growling noises.
I was having a LATE supper and hers was going to make it to the table by five.
Four hours in time difference between us.
The stroke he had a year ago left his entire left side efffed up.
Norman went to the same Grouch School my hubby did!
Strange how our lives have played out.
I keep a log of when I call her.  With my phone service, AK is a FREE CALL.
Don't want to wear MY WELCOME OUT with her hubby, so I only call every 2 to 3 weeks. :0(

Tuesday December 28,2010

It's OFFICIALLY WINTER in my neck of the woods!  Shit you not!


12/27 Before shoveling

12/28 After

12/27

12/28

12/27
12/27
The blockade I set up so a hawk can't come swooping down.:0)
I also put our Christmas Tree to good use and will grab a few of the neighbors to give the birds more cover.
Some pic's were taken Monday and some this morning .


Been making calls for our birth certificates.
Salem,MA charges $10
Boston,MA charges $28
For kicks I checked out CA where my kids were born. $16

Called DIL Kim to see when son Jay will be seen by a doctor.
She had made the call and was told to take him to the Emergency Room.
He does not feel up to going today was his excuse. sigh!
She said she will take him there definately tomorrow.

All day I have been making my lists and checking them twice.
Called about taking Ginger in cabin. It was recorded and I pay $75 at the ticket counter when I leave with her.
Sent out in todays mail for our birth certificates.

Now I need to take a shower and feel human....I shit you not!

That's All Folks!



4 comments:

  1. my birdies are lucky that we have tons of pine trees around...great for cover when they are feeding

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Shit indeed! Is that snow totally covering your swimming pool? And here's me sitting under my air conditioner......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, my service went out as well, but mine stayed out for awhile. Talk about withdrawal. I was going crazy trying to reach Blogland on my cell phone. I am so glad to be back.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you