Purposely brought just a $20 bill to the Moose Club to watch the comedy act of Bucky Lewis last night....so why did I need to take aspirin this morning???
Let's go back to yesterday morning.
Butch left to pick up his daughter Alex in NH and Jill prepared to mow the lawns.
Picked up pine cones in the front yard, while I picked up dog shit in the back yard and rolled up hoses.
Butch returned and was miffed that she did not want to go to the Topsfield Fair.
They have been arguing about this since it began on the first of October.
Money, money, money that he doesn't have and she told him she doesn't want to hear how he spent money on her when he is broke which will be the next day. .
Come noon time he left with Alex and Logan and he picked up a friend of Alex's also saying how much can it cost me...a couple of hundred. He just don't get it! His cable was recently turned off and he wrote a hot check to get it turned back on so Alex would have tv to watch when he has his visitations.
Another $35 charge for a non suffient funds check. I shit you not! .
I'm sure the kids had fun. Logan did. All three kids won a goldfish at some toss game.
Another pet! sigh!
Think I heard him say he named it Swimmer. How original....LOL
He calls me on his way home to ask if we have a fish bowl....we did. It has sat up on top of one my cupboards for ages . Just for this moment! :0) Would I lie....I would.
I rushed and rinsed it out and got it ready for it's newest occupant. .
Think the last one was a beta I took pity on at Petco. :0)
They put them in that tiny covered snack type cup and stack them. :0(
Ta Da!
Logan's fish lived through the night.
Can't guarantee another as he has to learn what a pinch of food is.
According to him..he is going to do all the caring for it. Change water, clean the bowl, feed it.
That was yesterday....let's see when the newness wears off.
Lawn gets mowed....Jill goes off a few times before Logan gets dropped off with his fish and it's nearing time for hubby and I to go out.
Thinking I would like to enjoy a few drinks, I asked Jill to drive us and pick us up.
This would be our first time out in the evening since a grandsons evening wedding last October and the VERY FIRST time we would be together in the same building we met in 43 years ago in moons..
Hubby was behind the bar at his second job serving drinks when I first saw him and the band was playing a Polka.
I wanted to dance so bad and he was the only guy I saw that looked free except for my drunk husband, so I asked him to dance.
He was recently seperated ...so I found out and as soon as I was free.... I went back to the Idle Hour.
I later learned he thought I was in college.
Surpriseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......he didn't head for the hills when he found out I was mom to seven kids.
I sure as Hell would have if it was the other way around. :0)
When someone would flirt with him I would delight in saying....the nine kids go with him. :0)
I bring this up because.......we ran into someone we hadn't seen in ages (1969-1976 ish).
My pet name for her back then was Little Orphan Annie. No, no...not to her face.
She was single , most likely not even 21 yet because she mentioned she had just turned 60 and she was always flirting with hubby at another club that we danced to the music at.
. Her eyes reminded moi of that cartoon character down to her hair style and color.
meowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
Now she is blonde. Looks pretty good .
She and her 2nd hubby are officers in the Moose Club we found out.
When she married her first husband ( hubby knew him well) we went to a few of her house parties and when she had her only child Bobby in 1973 our first grandchild was also born that year and sometimes Bobby and Larry would have play dates.
Okay...where was I????
I'm thinking that twenty dollars should buy 2 or 3 drinks plus some raffle tickets , so I put a twenty in my pocket.
Didn't think I'd need my wallet and license like I did 43 years ago. :0)
Drinks were $4 and I dined on the free pizza while hubby had water. Cheap date! :0)
Hasn't had a beer in what...seven, eight years? Since his brain bleeds .
Can't have pizza because of the cheese on it. Lactose intollerant. :0(
Gave him some cinnamon balls and he was trying to chew and swallow one when I snapped this picture.
He needed that water! I shit you not!
Because of hubby's poor eyesight and hearing we were alot of the comics laughs the first half of the show. It was all in fun.
I'm explaining jokes to him and everyone would crack up when the comic made note in his comic style of pointing out to the audience what I was doing.
Another time Bucky asked for the A/C to be turned on and someone opened the front door.
Everyone was roaring .
It flew over hubby's head cause we were up close to the comic and the door was at a far end.
Sometime during the second half of the show I realized Jill was back.
She brings me a new drink. #4 ugh! Tells me not to worry when I protested....saying she is driving and she hasn't been drinking.
WTF ! She is holding a rum and coke in her hand and is feeling no pain.
What cabbage patch did I climb out from under. ???
The second half of the show I was laughing so hard that I was choking.
She sets another one in front of moi and goes back to the bar.
I know, I know...she didn't bend my arm.
Glad I ate my share of pizza .....felt a slight H/A coming on this morning when I woke and popped those blessed aspirin and that passed quickly. :0)
She on the other hand had to work this morning. Young Gil is working this function with her and he came here at 8:30 a.m. and off they went.
How the Hell she does it is beyond moi. I shit you not!
We got home ....in one piece....tytytyty at 11:30 and I was still awake at 1 a.m.
Felt bloated! Ugh!
Hubby and I theorize that Jill was at the VFW during the first half of the show.
Both of us were saying before he fell asleep that she must think we are senile.
She actually must think we fell for her line of shit!
We did have a good time. Laughter = Good!
Bucky's got some good skits ...you can see him on UTUBE . Bucky Lewis Show.
Not the risque stuff that we saw I'm imagining.
Will have to check him out there myself.
I will leave you with what has been bothering moi since last night.
Joanne aka Little Orphan Annie began going down Memory Lane and said to hubby...." remember those times you drove us girls into the North End.?" ....meaning a part of Boston,MA.
He acknowleged it with a "yeah."
Now I'm assuming she meant Lilybelle an older woman, FiFi another older woman she hung around with that bartended at another club in town and herself.
WTF! I was not in on these rides.Yeah, she said ...rides. Plural . Like WTF!
Soooooo... like I'm thinking he is working overtime and he's playing chaperone back then???
Does it really matter now???
She is standing to my left between him and I and leans over him and plants a kiss on him.
Would never have known it was on the lips..except that after she walked away he said. "wow, she can kiss. She never gave me a real kiss before."
Open mouth hubby...insert foot!
... Thoughts running through my head = Bad!
If I had known that when he was eating the cinnamon balls, I may have knocked that water over on purpose. Outback today...Chew that steak well honey.................. :0) I'm bad...I shit you not!
That's All Folks!
Okay....jes funnin! It's the Salem coming out in moi!



LOL, you are a witchy poo ;)
ReplyDeleteif the fish survives maybe Logan can buy one of those small aquariums at Walmart that include a small filter, helps keep the water clean a little longer. I have a soft spot for fish , owning four aquariums lol
Don't you just hate biatches who get all flirty with your man? DEATH GLARE!!!
ReplyDeleteIf that goldfish lives more than a week, it will be a miracle! Ours only made it 48 hours.
Ever tried lactase enzyme for the lactose intolerance? I live on them (being of Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry and prone to lactose intolerance) You can buy them at health food stores or online under lots of brand names. I'd be one unhappy woman without my ice cream!
My fish lasted for a long time...then on Halloween some kid put candy in his bowl...and that was the end of him.
ReplyDeleteMary
Good luck with the fish!
ReplyDeleteHad a small pond once with about 20 of the little G,oldies then, one day MR. decides the pond water is kind of dirty and adds a capful of bleach! I came home and all were belly-up! True story!