I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

D D Gonna be another hot one

I'm seeing 99 as the high today. 
The A/C has been running since yesterday morning.  sigh!

   Happy to report that Logan had a wonderful first day in the 6th grade.
He came home full of chatter and excitement. Best home room teacher, best math teacher.... his locker lock to practice his combination on with more numbers to remember.
The fear of the unknown is in the past...........for this time. :0)
Handed his mother lots of paperwork to fill out. The school wanted a current picture of him for their records, so she took one that she took yesterday morning and developed it at CVS to put in with the rest of the school papers that required filling out by her.
This morning he went off to school on the right foot. :0)

      Today is Alexs' first day of school. Jill and Butch will go to NH to see her head into her new school for her first day in 1st grade.  Then they plan on heading towards Gloucester to a beach.
Jill don't care for swimming in the ocean so why there ...I have no idea.  Not asking. 
Being ever so much her mother....I warned her about under tows and if she didn't already know ....told her how to get out of them.
She went off alone for a few hours last night. Came home a little after 9 p.m. feeling good....not in the jovial sense either. :0(   Well that too!
 Butch was working. She told me this morning he is still shaken up over a call he went on last night. A twenty year old girl tried to commit suicide. Her dad found her hanging from a ceiling fan.
She was still alive.  Was being bagged and taken away in an ambulance the last he saw her.
 Butch is an EMT as well as a fireman and goes on alot of medical calls.

   Tracie came over to shoot the shit just as I was cooking supper.
Thirty minutes later when I was ready to put it on the table I offered her a plate to take home.
Knew hubby would not come out to sit at the table if she was there, so I asked her to leave.    sigh!

On the news today it was said that most of us are eating for two.  The size of a burger patty we order out as well as other meats are doulble or more than what we should eat for a serving.
Four ounces of meat is a serving portion.  Hubby and I eat the 6 oz. steak at the Outback.
Also heard on tv this morning that naps should be no longer than 20 minutes to get the most out of napping.
Jokingly I said , " we super size our naps," and we both had a good laugh over it.

   Well ain't this some shit !!!  It's been so quiet in this house I have repeatedly dozed off.
Laid down to follow a court case on tv and zonked out.
Would waken to use the bathroom and feel the need to sleep some more.   sigh!
A whole mornings worth of off and on sleep up til the 1 p.m. hour.
This isn't super sizing.......it's ridiculous.  I shit you not!    Shameful is what it is.
No Logan's friends ringing the doorbell, no kids being kids playing XBOX or other games. No swimming, but it sure as Hell is hot enough if school wasn't in session.
No phone calls.  Hubby took the phone off the hook... tytyty.   :0)
If I haven't recouperated from my weekend...I never will.  



Being that I have slept part of my life away today ......I will leave you with some pictures instead of WORDS. ;0) Things to do, things to do....



A rare black fawn






















Learned something myself when I saw these... a black deer ????

A rooster leading his hens to .....greener pastures???











Impressing the smaller birds???













You step on that crack and you will break your mother's back!

To the moon Alice...to the moon.
















Hubby just asked me to look at his legs.
One looks so much smaller at the top than the other.
Got out my tape measure. Right leg is 19 1/2 inches around. Left leg is 17 1/2 inches around.
All the muscles in that left leg have wasted away due to his condition.
No wonder the doctors are amazed he can still walk.
Then I foolishly measured the top of my leg ....23 inches............ I'm not shitting!  Holy Shit!

This is a much prettier picture than that mental image of my leg I was going to leave you with.








Logan came through the door starved.
This 11 year old is always starved.
Have concluded that there are benefits with having a child in the house.
He keeps us more active. That's a given.  :0)
Mom is still at the beach orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr where ever, but is not answering her cell phone.
His friend Ryan just came. It was his grandmother that died Saturday and was buried yesterday.
Seventy six kids are riding their Middle School bus.  Four to a seat if they weigh less that 70lbs.
Holy Hannah!  Packed in like sardines.  The two of them are worrying that more kids will move into our neighborhood. Can't blame em....I suggested they get tied to the roof. :0) 
Ohhhh to have those little worries....but we did once .....and did we enjoy them?
Okay...it's wakey, wakey time..... two tv's going and kids chattering.
I'll be back here in just a few hours.  In 8 1/4 hours it will be September 2nd.  I shit you not!
That's All Folks!

3 comments:

  1. the pictures are wonderful and i don't blame butch for being shook up, what a horrible thing. I always take my hat of to first responders, must get pretty hard sometimes. Glad you had a quiet day for a change though and also glad Logan had a good first day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear that Logan made out well. Some really beautiful photos. Love the deer. Such a delicate creature.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. And hot again today, Sept. 2!

    Bleahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

    ReplyDelete

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you