degrees at 8 a.m. dammmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn........... brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Is there no happy medium? Had the slider open all night with just the screen closed.
Lots to do today, so actually I'm very happy the humidity has left for a couple of days.
While I knew that we ( she ) was planning a cookout Sunday, I did not know that the entire family was invited.
Well..............I don't know if it is ENTIRE, but DIL Kim IM'd me that she would be coming.
Jill sent her an invite by text, she said.
The living room has been a mess for over a week ............but I need to straighten out one of the front sheds to be able to put more shit in it.
Who's stuff is in it, you ask ? Mostly Jill and her 3 sons. Logan being foremost.
Yesterday I had no sooner posted when I hear hubby in the shower.
Upon entering our room he asked me if I was going to get him to the chiroprator before it closed for lunch and then go almost to the state line of NH for seafood.
Let him know there were things I needed to do while we were out......like go to the Town Hall to have the truck excise tax removed as we gave his truck to our son in law and apply for the senior discount on house taxes. Our town is one of the nice towns that take $800 off of your house taxes every year.
Four hundred in February and $400 in May. AMEN!
Then I mentioned he has been wanting to go to our towns hardware store that has been in business many moons for certain items. He knows all the long time employees.
Long story made short and I'm sure you would thank me if we were speaking in person.; 0 )
We both got adjusted, he sat in the A/C car while I ran up the stairs into Town Hall and down long hallways to the office I needed to be in, hauled the lightweight wheelchair : 0 ) out at the hardware store and wheeled his butt all over the place up and down aisles avoiding people, blocked aisles ( people standing browsing) and found most of what he wanted after some long searches ( remember, I'm his eyes ) as things are up higher than him in that chair.
Things described as not their given names... even the salesmen had a bitch of a time locating.
This he needed to put up the newspaper box on the railing out front that Tracie gave us last winter.
We never had one with the paper we get delivered to our doors name on it.
Instead we have Boston Globe that we got moons ago tied with shoestrings to our railing.
Very classy...just like us. NOT!
Sometime during all this , I asked if we could go for a Chinese food luncheon special, instead of...
Agreed to. We left the chiropractors at noon and were sitting down to eat around 2p.m.
Mind you all four places are 1 mile or a little over, apart.
Okay..so you ask what else did I have to do?
That's what he always asks me when I am trying to do something else. You're funny! ; 0 )
Jill and Butchie had taken off at 11:30 for....................??? I can guess at one..My Bank.
Shortly after we got back inside the house they came back and asked if Chis and his granddaughter Jamie had been here swimming. Told them that we had gone out....didn't know.
Chris stopped in later and the three of them sat out on the deck better than an hour before Chris rushed off to be at Jamie's softball game. Just one big happy family.....are you remembering that Chris was Jill's first love ( at 15 we say puppy love ) and Butch has known this before he even began dating her.
In fact Chris has told us he told Butch not to get serious about Jill, because she wasn't ready to settle down.
They took off again and were home at 10:30. Had been to the OutBack. From the minute they entered their orders were wrong. They were laughing about it.. Her Barcardi and coke was whiskey and coke. Yuck..returned. His Margarita was minus the salt...she gets her salad....his doesn't come out with hers.
Downhill all the way. Told the manager laughing that they were not complainers .
Things were replaced or made as ordered. No problem.
The two of them continued to laugh as they retired for the night.
I need some of those happy pills or whatever they had. I shit you not!
Chris just came with ribs to fix tomorrow for our cookout and left.
Taking Jamie to Canobie Lake Park for the day. Heard there are 40 some odd rides there as well as a Water Park. Too cold for swimming today...Imagine that! Fireworks go off at 9:30 p.m.
Jamie wants to stay to see them.
It's a little after 10 a.m. now. 58 degrees.
Butch works today and so does she.
Sooooo whatever we need for groceries for tomorrow, I best go to that end of the house and inquire.
Looks like I'm needed to make potato salad.
She invited Dee Dee and Tom. Not DIL Kim's favorite people or hubby's. Bet Jill did not tell Kim that they were invited because Kim would not come if she did and when they have shown up here Kim and my son Jay leave within minutes. Didn't I tell you........... just one big happy family.
Looks like I need to get my act together. Move my ass.
Started to crochet a hooded baby sweater yesterday evening. Looks like that will be put on the back burner today.
Haven't felt like knitting or crocheting in a long while, but searched patterns online and this one sounded interesting.
The other pattern I was going to make is knitted and I'm wanting Instant Gratification.
For those that knit and crochet...you know that crochet works up faster and takes more yarn.
It's 70 degrees in Bismark and 58 here in my neck of the woods in MA at 10:30 a.m. I shit you not!
What's with that????
Going to go throw some clothes on that I don't want my picture taken in. ; 0 ) Out to the shed, I go.
I'll give the neighbors a thrill.
That's All Folks!
Think PINK!



LOL! Had to call hubby in, to see The Pink People of Walmart! WOW!!! Their must be a site, devoted to such! ,-)
ReplyDeleteMmmmmmm, as to your life... Did you ever think of putting your hand up. Saying you are taking Time Out. And letting the rest of the family, fend for themselves, for ..... a day even??????
Don't knock it, 'till you try it. ,-)
'Cause remember... Human nature is such, that people will keep right on "taking" and "expecting", until they are cut off at the pass. They'll never stop, on their own.
Soooooooooooooooo, if you'd really like a different life style, you'll have to put your foot down sometime. Or draw a line in the sand. All that jazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Of course, maybe I'm just *jealous* that we are both the same age, and you CAN do all that stuff!!! No way, I could!
And being me, now way I WOULD, even if I COULD!
-eeeeeeeeeeevil grinnnnnnnnnn-
Ohhhhh and... For we who are new here, I have ANOTHER job, to add to the jobs your family gives you! [Aren't you glad you commenting in my blog and drew me over here?????? -chuckle-]
ReplyDeleteAnyway... The job for me... New reader that I am. I need one of those geneology [I know that's not spelled right but I can't spell] charts. So I can sort out all the names of your family. And where they fall, as to age, and designation. Like your own generation. And your children. And grandchildren. Like that.
Seeeeeeeeeeee? That's not too big a job to hand you, is it? -ducking, running and hiding-
But hey, I have the decency to -duck, run and hide- after throwing that job at you. I don't think your family does, do they?
Oh wow, I probably over-stepped my Comment Rights, with that last crack. They're your family and you'd not do all you do, for them, if you didn't want to, would you?
Sorrrrrrrrrrry...
Hugs......
:0) No problem.........how much time ya got??? LOL
ReplyDeleteNo I don't really need you to go through making a lengthly geneology! :-) Just want you to not "take" as much, as you do. Put up with as much as you do. How's that for starters? ,-)
ReplyDeleteNahhh , I know. Your live your life as you want to live it. It's not for someone to bounce in here and give advice! I've just got a big mouth. And a hate for seeing what I consider to be NOT fair treatment.
And NONE of that, is any of my business. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gentle hugs...
pretty cool here too in the mornings , don't mind one bit .Actually almost starting to feel like early fall :S...time just flies when you are having fun (even if you are not )and summer will be over. Enjoy the cookout.
ReplyDelete58 degrees. What does that feel like? I'm not gonna complain though. At least our humidity is gone for a couple days. Enjoy your cookout. Mmmm!!!! Ribs.
ReplyDeleteMary