I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

D D The promised delivery

date of 4 to 6 weeks FINALLY was in the warehouse to be picked up yesterday.
Purchased on 2-10-2010.
This may not be it's resting place.....have one other idea.... that when I get help, I will move it around.
Drum roll, please.  Ta Da!  It's dark chocolate in color. Looks black to moi.



That rose,pink,ecky,yucky color rug was not chosen by moi. Covering it with throw down rugs, where I can.
Quick sale ...proprietor told me son Randy if he bought it now and took it way, the price would be what his mother could afford so Randy called and described it as a mauve. sigh! Another sight unseen, purchase. lol
I look at it this way...It's clean.     I shit you not!

   My 3 month check up appointment was yesterday at noon.
Why I need to go every 3 months is way beyond moi.  Guess my primary needs my money more than I do.
Every year we go through the same thing. She seems to think that because I have Medicare that I pay NOTHING for my visits.  The beginning of the year I did not pay my bill for her services by mail...waited until my visit and told her receptionist that there must be some mistake. Dr.M said I don't pay for my visits.
Yuh...she was humored.....................
Last month my fingers were doing their walking through the yellow pages.....looking for a new primary in my town.  Thought I found one American born, only to find out that he/she was listed with others in the practice, but did not come into that office.  I shit you not!
My primary doesn't speak fluent English......there seems to be a lack of communication on her part.
She sends her patient's a good 10 miles away to get their blood work done. Same with other services like cardio grams.   Have repeatedly told her I don't want to drive that far...............oh, only 1 time a year...you can do it... get a friend to drive you...blah,blah,blah. Told her I am an independant person. I can drive in town.
Last time I went to a lab one mile away from moi. When I called to inquire before I went... they said they were affiliated with my doctor. The next 2 visits my primary insisted that she never got the results of my lab work.
Calls to the lab said they faxed the results to her...back and forth it went.
Soooooo yesterdays visit she asked the proverbial question again.   When did you last have blood work done?   I only have results from 2008. And AGAIN I told her I had lab work in 2009 ....  no,no no....have no record ,she says again. Here, I will give you new lab order...you go to Wilmington and get them done long before your next visit in September. I asked her why I should drive all those miles away when there is a lab near me....told her I chose my doctor in my town, my eye doctor in my town, etc. I don't like to drive all over creation....I feel anxiety on unfamilar roads. She just kept writing...never commenting.
Folks...that didn't set too well with moi, so as I'm making that September appointment and she is writing up my notes a few feet away ...I said to her receptionist. " you can make the appointment but I don't know if I will be keeping it...I think I need to look for a new doctor."
With that....she says....go where you want to go..it will be okay.      I shit you not!
I'm damned glad she took my blood pressure long before this...110/80.......trust me, it wasn't that at the front desk as I was making my next appointment.  I shit you not!
    Sitting out in my car the thought again occurred to moi that it was time to get new eye glasses and that office was a mile further away. I say again, because I have long suspected that the 2 years was up a few months ago....it's just making the time for myself.   This would be my second time to get glasses at this place since I had my cataracts removed.
In the past , I got my eye exam and glasses much closer to home.
Nothing seemed to change in the choice of frames rack ...time after time.  Nor did anyone stand around helping you choose a frame. Nor do they make repairs there. Had to be sent out.
Cambridge Eye Doctor's are a bigger company and have more choices. Kathy was very helpful in helping moi to make a choice.  They make the kind of repairs I have needed in the past. New nose posts, tighten lens glass in.   Will have my new glasses in a week.. Took 2 weeks the other place.
My left eye is a little worse..........had a lazy eye at age 7 and it never got better.
Thanks be to the Lord, I can still see to drive and passed my drivers eye test this year.
Was told in 1957 by an opthamologist that I would only see light out of that eye in 25 years.
Well the vision in that eye is BAD, but not that bad.  yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!
   Got home at 2:30 after picking subs up on my way home.
Randy had already been here and unpackaged my parlor set and set it up and left.
Need to offer him gas money....80 miles each way to E.Bridgewater,MA to the warehouse.
    Before I left Jill told me that her son/my grandson Gil was coming over with his new girlfriend to meet us.
Jackie seems very sweet. Today is her 17th birthday.  It is also my oldest grandchild Larry,Jr's 37th birthday, my nephew Drew that my parents raised 50th .
Kid#6 will be 50 in September..................am I feeling old..........some days.  LOL  : 0 )

white astibille and a Japanese iris
lavender astibillieanother clematis
cuke plantstomato plants


I took a break and during that time Jill answered the phone ....it was a call from daughter in law#3 telling her that her brother was in the hospital. Can't talk..too broken up, call his sons and tell them.
Jill told her she would get right onto it and called them and left messages.
Then she called the hospital.
I knew right away Terry had had a nervous breakdown.
He called me this past Saturday and was telling me about his work situation with his bosses son ..The druggie has been riding his ass deliberately to get him to quit so he won't be able to collect unemployment right away and I could tell from his voice that he was almost to the limit of his breaking point on Saturday.
He bought a home a few months ago..........working with  fiber glass is all he has known since he was 16. Same with kid#2 Larry.
A call to the hospital more or less confirmed my suspicion. He was in therapy.
sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !
That's All Folks!


2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your Son :(
    The leather set is very nice and i like the color of the rug, but that's just me .
    Sending hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Twain. Hugs accepted.
    Haven't heard any more.

    ReplyDelete

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you