I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Friday, May 14, 2010

D D some things that make my heart happy





Mothers Day plant from Sombay's  grandson Ryu
It's going to be a challenge to have it come back again after it is through blooming.





   Four hours spent out in my domain.....the back yard.
 Got the aches and pains that go with that at my age.  Ouchie!
 Out there, I'm on my own to do as I please pretty much.  Had just the weather for it...too cool for hubby to come out to play foreman ....no gophering.   Best yet, no sweat running down into my eyes.
Doused myself with Eau de OFF .    
Did some planting, weeding, watering and moving of some established plants to another area that have spread out over too large an area. It's an annual. A geranium....has flowers, but not the geranium we know so well. Just spreads and spreads. It's pretty...just want different colors and blooms during the summer months around the pond.
Every time I went into the shed for a tool, I apologized to Charlie who was curled up taking a nap in there.

  What's with this ?   Caught myself shushing the cartoon dog that barks as it delivers my email
I shit you not!    Seriously !
   Will post tomorrow. Laundry to fold.

Rained during the night.  Gray skies. Every time I open the door damp air rushes in.
Hubby said earlier he had planned on vacuuming the pool today. Entertained thoughts of getting back out there and turning the vegetable garden over.   After digging up stray stawberry plants and relocating them as well as a few other things thrown in there to hold over for the winter, that is.
 Also have to prepare a hole and the things descibed in the handed out brochure to put in said hole ....for the yellow rhododendrun. The plants put in the ground yesterday only said, sun, shade/sun... height.
Simple.  Just what the doctor ordered....yesterday.  Pictures to follow... 
   Amazing how many people blog....spend considerable time clicking Next Blog after moi posts.
Many talented people and easy on the eyes blogs. This morning,  reversed the order.  Post blog, blog search....blog search, write blog.
Patterns to knit or crochet always peak my interest.  Right now with 2 different projects in the works, moi is itching to start another.... just off the printer.  I shit you not!
   Wish I had thought to grab my camera when the baby skunk was out yesterday morning. Saw it last night after dark....more opportunites will come around.
   Find myself humming Lady GaGa's I Need You Now.... Don't know my gaga's from my lala's.. thinking it's Lady Antebellum's song.  It's one or the others.....?

Actually it's real nice weather to work outside. Even better to get some pictures. LOL
These are some pictures of the new plants, some of the established plants and other things that warm my heart.



New:
Black Beauty Coral Bells

Regular Coral Bells in bloom

Forget the name of this, but it also multiplies. This is the original plant. Other is in a different area.The little light green thing is new and has light blue flowers. Forgot the name from the tag on it to the house.LOLThe ? daisy my neighbor Tracie gave me for Easter. This and last previous plant are in the area I moved the geraniums from.Pink geranium. The blue isn't blooming yet.
This is a red poppy full of buds getting ready to bloom. Have given away pieces and transplanted pieces. It's a hardy plant and quite beautiful.

established white azealia in full bloom


The waterfall Randy gave me for Mothers Day.
Can't wait until the door can be left open day and night to hear the sound. Lavender rhododendrun is starting to bloom.


color and more color . Bridge grandson #7 bought me some years back.The new yellow rhododendrun waiting to be planted. Searching for the right spot.

Day is passing by...if I can get over the guilt of doing no housework, I will...............

That's All Folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you