It's been a long, cold, winter!
My 2012 Toyota Camry XLE was totaled back in January. Just had the oil changed at 20,000 miles and I bought it in October of 2011.
Loaned it to my daughter Jill as her son had totaled the Taurus I gave her when I bought my new one, just weeks before.
She's fine. Just bruised.
I won't go into how it happened. It is what it is!
Bought a 2014 Toyota Camry XLE for less than I paid for the other one. Of course it did cost me around 4k more out of pocket after I got back the monies from the auto insurance and the un-used portion of the extended guarantee.
It's sitting out in Ed's driveway with all of 20 miles on it and it's too damned cold for picture taking. (18 degrees )
Need to get motivated to head to my house. Well, I own it, but it really doesn't feel like home to me any more.
My daughter Jill has declined so much and so has my house.
Let's move on from that subject as today is bad enough as it is.
My poor Pomeranian Lady is approximately 14 years old. and her trachea is collapsing. All the poor thing does day and night is hack and she looses her balance when she is standing and hacks.
It's time......I've made an appointment at the vets for 5 p.m.
A few weeks back, I did what I said I'd never do again.
Ed's son Eddie had a female Chihuahua and he was going to TN on business and we said we'd watch her for him. She's around 11. He told his dad he was going to have her put down as she is always under his feet when he is working on cars in his garage. ( he has his own business )
Well Ed told me and I said, let's ask him if we can have her. He was only too happy to let us have her.
Oreo lived here the first four years of her life as Eddie and his daughter Jillian lived here back then. In fact, one of the pictures I saw of Ed that he posted on the dating site we met on was of him holding Oreo and I thought she was his.
It feels very much like HERE is where she belongs.
Then:
Now:
Best I could do! She acts like the camera is a gun and runs. :0)
You should have seen her nails when we got her. Could have entered her in the circus. I shit you not!
Ed is a bachelor and just batches it!
Since his mother died he stopped shaving and cutting his hair.
Hard to believe that he is only 52.
To each, their own.
Taken last Fathers Day.
Grandson Gil is working and living in a sober house just 2 miles at best from my house.
Presently...he is doing very well. Working a lot of hours in a sub/pizza place and working towards getting a car.
I pray for his sake that he has found his way.
Logan I hear, is doing very good in school. Still lives with his dad. Turned 15 the 15th of this month.
I'm in a good place in my life. Not to say that sometimes the twain doesn't meet, but it's minor shit. Major minor shit compared to what shit I've had in the past!
Both of us want only the best for our last years. We have both learned from our mistakes. Now it's Our Golden Years!
I'm back at Ed's. Lady went peacefully. Jill stayed with her, I couldn't do it this time.
Ever since I began the ride home everything made me sad and weepy.
I thought the price OFF for a 7 pound dog. $125, if you want to be present as they have to put you in a room. $77 if they do it with no one there. In the end, I think it was worth it.
Jill insisted that she wanted to hold and pet her as they did the procedure and I'm glad she did as she described how peaceful she was as she went into her forever sleep.
Later, I held her and petted her. She looked at rest. I think she would thank us if she could. Struggling to breathe day and night could not have been good.
Ginger is having trouble walking. She won't move unless she absolutely has to. I think it's arthritis. Need to make a vet appointment for her.
She is severely over weight. I'd dare guesstimate she's close to 17 pounds and she is a Chihuahua.
She's getting up in years too. Think she turned 12 in December.
I'm not ready to lose another one.
Snapped a picture of my new car in the driveway before I left.
No change between my 2012 and this 2014.
Oh, except for those boo boo's. ;0)
On the way home two deer crossed the road in front of me. Fumbled and fumbled to get my camera and managed to get one shot. It began to leave and I missed getting the face. :0(
They were doe's and I was filled with joy and wonderment to just be able to see them up close.
It was a 25 mph road and no one was behind me, so I sat and watched them walk away into the woods. Gave a Thank you Lord for allowing me to see this beauty.
Ed, myself and my daughter Cheryl at the restaurant her husband works at for our corned beef dinner.
It was the best! I shit you not! I like the red, but not the gray corned beef.
So...that's it for now.
I keep waiting for the next Bomb Shell to fall....and it will. :0(
I'll turn 77 in two days. Where has the time gone.
While I was gone Ed ran out and bought me flowers and a card. He likes an anklet on me and bought me a gold anklet to replace the tarnished piece of crap I bought on the cruise I went on a few years ago. It was only plated with gold. Who knew. I didn't! Of course when you factor in that this anklet cost $400 and the other was around $50. I should have known.
Hey...I 'm Polish! Remember!!!
That's All For Now!
(((hugs)))





Hi there, I've never posted on here before. But I do enjoy keeping up with you. I am so sorry you had to put your pooch down😢 Been there done that & it sucks!! Glad you took in Oreo...she is one lucky pooch to have you & Ed. Which btw you 2 are just so darn cute together😀 You seem like such a sweetheart I could just give you a hug...but not in a creepy way..lol. Hope that bad luck goes away. You being as sweet as you are can get you taken advantage of. So YOU do what makes YOU happy because YOU are all that matters. You & Ed enjoy yourselves & have fun!! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteThank you Molly.
Delete(((hugs)))
So sorry about your fur baby. I know the feeling. My Miss Minga is in her 21st year. She will be 22 in July. She still does well, eats well, but does have arthritis which usually affects her when she first gets up, and is kind of weak on her legs. I am not ready.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear the Gil is doing better. Praying that he keeps it up. He's too young to get lost in the throes of addiction. Wish Jill would get her act together. Perhaps Gil will be a role model. I can almost guess that he is doing better because he is living away from his mother. Breaks my heart what he had to go through.
Happy Birthday, dear friend. The years sure do pass fast, don't they. Can't believe another one is coming up for me as well.
Mary
Meant to say, "That is a mighty big soda."
ReplyDeleteMary
Happy Birthday! So sorry about your dog. It's so damn hard to lose them.. To make that decision, even when we know it's what's best for them.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry about your car, too. I'd be pissed as hell. But hopefully you've learned not to let her use your cars?
(((hugs)) to you. And more happy Birthdays, too!!!!
Nice anklet then? Post picture of your pretty ankle.
ReplyDeleteI am not on Facebook.
And the picture of the ghetto window? That is just a miniscule part of my house. Yes. My house. Now ask me why I get upset.
kisses to you and surround that gorgeous new car in bubble wrap!
Happy Birthday!!
ReplyDeleteI know how much you love your pets, so sorry about Lady, but she had the best life with you as her mum. How groovy is Ed getting you a lovely anklet? Sorry I missed your birthday dear friend. You sound like you are in a good place and that makes me happy.
ReplyDeleteBelated Happy Birthday! I know what you mean about how fast our years are passing by. I another one myself next month.
ReplyDeleteLove your new car. Like all your friends I am happy to hear that your at a good place in your life now. You deserve it so enjoy every day God gives us.
Not sure and have not told my blogging friends yet but a friend of mine is trying to fix me up with a man here in town. His wife passed away a few years ago and I am very nervous to say the least. I have not dated in nine years. Will let you know if I meet him. lol
Have a wonderful week
Love
Maggie
You are looking so good! But I am very sad you lost two beloved pets so close together, that is so hard. It is wonderful that Ed was there to support you so much. He's really turned out to be a great guy. And the deer, we see them where I live now and then, but not that snow. Oh Wow, the snow piles you have. Now I need to go through all your older posts and see what the winter was like for you. I've missed you. Since Google reader went kphooey months and months ago I never visit anyone any more. Blah. Need to get on that one.
ReplyDeleteA very happy and waay late birthday! I cannot believe your age. You look and act at least twenty younger. Love the new car! Hugs!!!
ReplyDelete