I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Never in the past have I been so ready to leave so fast!

Dear Diary,
Usually I wait until the last minute to pack for a trip, but the first day home  after I booked my trip to AK, I packed my suitcase. I'd say....I'm excited!  I shit you not!

This weekend finds me camping. Making banana bread in the toaster oven as I type. :0)
We had some showers beginning at 5 a.m., which was minutes after waking. At Ed's suggestion, we went to a diner for breakfast at 6 a.m. . He enjoys breakfast out so who am I to argue with that. ;0)
Not being a "breakfast person", let someone else fix it. :0)
Before I made the banana bread, I made sugar water for the hummingbirds that stay in this neck of the woods during the Spring and Summer. Every week, I change the sugar water, but alas ...the next two weekends, I will be away.  :0( and :0)  Mixed emotions there.

Tomorrow a few of us seasonal campers will get together for a Pot Luck dinner. :0) I have potato salad to make and I'm also bringing Chinese sausages to be cooked on the grille. Yummy!

Friday evening I got a call from daughter Michelle. Long story short...my grandson Gil works for her and her husband,BUT NO LONGER! He broke into their catering business and broke the safe and stole over $700. This was done at 3A.M. and  he was seen leaving there by a renter above their business whom is a day sleeper and a Night Owl. Oh, he denied it at first, but once confronted with an eye witness....well you know....
Soooooooo, it looks like he has "burned another bridge." No job now!
Wondering where and when this is going to END and how.
With all that on my mind, I still managed to have a nice day yesterday afternoon just relaxing and reading around a campfire most of the P.M. and after we ate BLT's for supper we sat some more until well after dark. :0)
Today.....is going to be another story. Showers keep passing through. It's 11 a.m. , here's hoping the entire day isn't a washout.


(((hugs)))

That's All Folks!

4 comments:

  1. Ay yi yi, I would tell your family to stop calling you with bad news especially since you can't do anything about it. Sheesh!! Have fun at the pot luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have fun, you may get a few breaks of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camping sounds so much fun! Glad you're having lots of time away from the family dramas, I really like your attitude to it now too.
    Hugs from me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well sadly he's either going to end up in jail or dead..so sad...



    have fun camping..

    ReplyDelete

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you