I am so behind in reading your blogs. sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Just a few days....but still.
I'll try to fill you in on a little of what's been going on in my life.
Tuesday in the early p.m. we (Ed and I ) drove the 25 miles to my house as I had crammed three appointments for Wednesday the 13th in.
8a.m. Wed. my Toyota had it's first oil change scheduled as it just now has 10,000 miles on it. Have owned it for a year and a half now. Ed's owned his Prius for 6 months and is about to hit the 10,000.
From there we went to the cemetary and I put some silk roses on Mike's grave and we said a silent prayer. ( The 11th would have been his deceased wifes 83rd birthday and we went to visit her grave on that day and put roses and a birthday balloon on her grave and those same kind of roses were put on Ed's mothers grave in another cemetary.) I remembered what date was coming up and reminded Ed. We women...are like that. Do for others what you would like done for yourself.
11:45 I went to my former workplace for an adjustment. My neck is stiff as hell. :0( One side didn't want to budge, so I have to go back either Friday or Monday before I leave for TN. My former bosses loved Ed. They thanked him for putting a smile on my face and told him they had never seen me so happy in all the years that I have known them. Which was a sad commentary in a way, but true. That hurts to acknowledge. I shit you not!
Their oldest turned 21 yesterday and I have known them business wise, much longer.
Went to the Senior Center to check out their upcoming trips and I saw a few in June that I'd like to do. A dinner and watching The Driftters perform was one. Picked up a form to sign up and pay $5 for a years mailing (12 issues) of the monthly goings on at the senior center. Ed's senior center sends it out to everyone in town FREE. (Not just seniors.)
Had lunch at ther 99 restaurant and five doors away was my primary doctor's office where I had a 2 p.m. PAP Smear scheduled. Fun.fun! My doctor is a female. She asked me if I was sexaually active. Of course, I told her the truth. Later when she was in the open office, she and Ed exchanged pleasantrys. I asked him later if she looked at him differently and he told me she had a smile on her face. Then I told him the question she asked me. ;0)
When we left to go to lunch, my Jill was still in her bedroom. I did think it odd, but....
Once back to the house around three, she was gone. Called daughter Michelle to ask when they would be cooking the corned beef dinners for all the parties coming up ( she always brought a meal to us. Her dad loved his corned beef dinner ) and she will be dropping off two meals for us. :0)
She mentioned that she could have used Gil to work these parties, but where Jill was at court today getting a chinz order on him, they would have to find someone else. What???? All this was news to me.
Ed and I head back to Natick and went in Kohls so that I could get a few things with my 30% off and a $10 gift cert. for my birthday. His cell phone rings (mine was in my coat pocket in the car) and it's Jill. Long story short. She asked if I/we had heard the commotion at 1:30 a.m. noooo.
Gil apparently went off with a... ahem...friend..after we were asleep and USED. At 1:30 she heard a loud crash and came out of her room to find him just getting up off the diningroom floor. (My room is right off the diningroom.) She asked him what the hell happened and he says something like,"nothing, I was just carrying a lamp and it fell." There was no lamp and she told him so. There was more confusion ( on his part). Long story short.....she has suspected that he was using lately, but now knew her suspicions were correct. She was in court over four hours before she was able to go before a judge and plea her case for him to be put away, hadn't slept, hadn't eaten, her eyes were swollen from ctying all night. Cops were coming sometime after 8a.m. Thursday to pick him up.
Ed and I left for my house for morale support for her.
Long story short...the Whine Bucket spent the night there too. Gil was told by her that they would be comong for him in the morning and it was up to him if he wanted to RUN or stay and get the help he needed, but if he RAN, he was not going to be allowed to come back to live.
He stayed and left quietly with the police. She collapsed to her knees and cried her heart out. ( I learned from him that upon hearing that he would be picked up ...did some online research and learned that he would either be sent to Bridgewater or Brocton. ) I don't know about Brocton, but I do know that Bridgewater Hospital is a Snake Pit. My son Randy was there. He/Gil told his mom he will be asking for a court appointed attorney today and fighting it as he will be raped,etc.
He's probably right. Before the cruiser pulled away, dear old Whine Bucket spoke some words to the effect that this was for the best and then walked out to have a cigarette. I went to her and held her shaking body in my arms and said, "couldn't he just hold you in his arms and say nothing." sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I also told her that I was feeling her pain (and I was ), but was also feeling the pain of the knowledge that I might be be burying her because of her drinking.
Things that we talked about after awhile were....she has told him that all he had to do was ask his dad for his help as his dad's wife Julie now has excellent health ins. coverage ( has become Clerk of Courts).How the Hell does someone get that position? Her ex is running for Selectman in his town. All the old town officials use to use the illegal gaming machines in the store that he and his parents owned. Connections. Only in America can a 2 time felon, deadbeat dad run for office.
I got side tracked. Gil told his mother he would not ask his dad for anything, because all his life all his dad did was talk bad about her, me and others in our family. He wants nothing to do with him anymore. Now...I don't know if this is Good or Bad. He could have avoided these Snake Pits if he had called his dad to beg for his help. Jill asked her ex how he could disown the child that was his pride and joy and his answer was that he was ashamed for people to know he had a son that was a drug addict. THIS is the same guy that told her when she was pregnant with this child that if he had one defect he would not be taken home from the hospital. He's.....one Sick Puppy.
Found out from her also that her ex has guns in his house. Both Gil and Logan told her that. He was court ordered never to have a gun in his home as a result of that felony of choking/strangling Jill.
I suspected he did all along. Only his guns that were licensed were turned in to the police and the others he gave for safe keeping to his friend Steve that had a license to carry....to be returned down the road.
I'm back at Ed's after eating out. Have gained over ten pounds. His house is loaded with food. I shit you not! He likes to take me out to eat ...what can I say. Wish that was the worst of my problems. Don't know what's coming next. Oh...son Randy was indicted and has been out on personal recognicance. Goes to court tomorrow. sighhhhhhhhhhhhh More worries.
We'll be leaving for TN the 19th. Have done nothing to prepare.
....and, how was your day."
(((hugs)))
That's All Folks!
The ramblings of a mom of 9 by her KIDS that are STILL making her climb walls ,even as adults. Said I DO 3xs and I WANT OUT 2 xs. Have learned there is no such thing as a Rose Garden. My motto is Life Is Too Short To Be Miserable. When the bad outweighs the good it is time to shit can em. Laugh with me or at me, welcome to my world.
I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )
Where have WE been, right? Hope you enjoy your time in TN. I wish it were warmer here in FL. I guess it's better than back home where winter continues for some unknown reason. Have been having fun but today I feel like crap for no particular reason at all. Could just sleep the day away. In fact, I kinda did! Now Hunter is sleeping. Living is easy on vacation. Bless you and Ed.
ReplyDeleteOh gosh, so much happening with your family. Hope everything works out.
ReplyDeleteoh sweet friend..I am so sorry for all your family troubles..prayers sent
ReplyDeleteI'm just glad you have Ed right now. I feel like he's a buffer between you and all the family crap. Lots of love from me. xxx
ReplyDelete