Friday evening my son and DIL took us to a Comedy Club (Visanis) for a dinner and the show. :0)
IF....you have never seen Dale Jones perform...you missed a great act. He was runner-up on The Last Comic Standing and although I never saw that show that year or any year....for the life of me I can't figure out how the winner could have been better than the runner-up. He was hysterical! I shit you not!
Ed....did enjoy the show, but it was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy past his bedtime. There were groans and moans when he heard the hour we would be out, but he came through like a trooper. Now while I don't know what age 80 feels like....YET....I hope I still have lots of get Up and GO at night!
Time will tell.............................. ;0)
They spent the night here with us and the next day they drove us up to the sixteen year old town of Celebration,FL. Must admit it was and is a beautiful concept for a town. It's probably the prettiest community in FL. I shit you not! My DIL Deb had just attended a seminar at a hotel here and wanted to see the town as she was confined more or less to the hotel. I get the feeling that she would like to move there. In the past ....moving further South was most important to her in the future and when I mentioned the weather there had to be cooler, I got.."Not by that much." Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
She is not wearing her wedding ring.....nor any jewelry for that matter. I witnessed my son hold her hand, put his arm around her and such, but I did not witness her initiate anything. Could be they are trying to reconsiliate...down the road. maybe, maybe not. sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh
We stopped on our way up there to see and watch the manatees in Apolla Beach that come up into the water warmed by the electic plant. We saw several dozens enjoying the warmer water there.
The long trip wiped Ed out as it was well after dark before we got back here. Sitting behind my 6'4" son leaves for little leg room. :0( Even I felt it in my upper sciatic nerve or is that the bursa. One or the other it was. ouchie, ouchie
. We, DIL and I shopped some . All had a lovely lunch there on the patio where we ate. Many nice and reasonable places to eat there.
Didn't take any pictures. This damned laptop lost it's ability to download pictures somehow. Ticks me off! I shit you not!
Yesterday we shopped....make that I SHOPPED in Bealls Outlet and Kohls. :0)
Then we went to Applebees where Ed enjoyed his free dinner they served for Veterans Day to those that served or are serving. I use to go with my late husband. It's very nice of Applebees to honor our service men and woman. TODAY...the Golden Corral is doing the same thing between 4 and 9 p.m. and we will go eat there at 4. IF we can get in the door that is.;0) There is bound to be a crowd.
Later we went to visit old aquaintances of his in Arcadia. A Husband and wife. Gloria is in the beginning stages of Alzheimers, but I myself didn't notice it much.
Ed exclaimed yesterday that he was the luckiest man alive. THAT makes me feel good. It's nice to be appreciated. He DOES have faults....don't we all....but I will have to just make up my mind on what's important to me. ONLY likes his era of music. :0( Ballads and the likes. No rock, no fifties. :0(
Going to have to test that "teach an old dog new tricks"....me thinks.
No mention of Turkey Day at my sons house. There is a T Day dinner being served here in the club house for $8 each . Strongly leaning towards doing that. This Saturday is a Pancake breakfast for $3 a person. Son,DIL and ourselves are going.
The time here is flying by. :0(
Going to end this and go for a drive. Ed loves to drive here, there and everywhere and I can DIG IT! :0)
(((hugs)))
That's All Folks!
The ramblings of a mom of 9 by her KIDS that are STILL making her climb walls ,even as adults. Said I DO 3xs and I WANT OUT 2 xs. Have learned there is no such thing as a Rose Garden. My motto is Life Is Too Short To Be Miserable. When the bad outweighs the good it is time to shit can em. Laugh with me or at me, welcome to my world.
I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
sounds lovely Pat ♥
ReplyDeleteOh, how I miss Florida's $3 breakfast deals. :)
ReplyDelete