I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Friday, November 23, 2012

Pass me a turkey sandwich,plz.....

Trust that everyone had a great meal yesterday.  Had a wonderful dinner cooked by my son. HE still is able to surprise me. Even knowing thatr my DIL Deb does not like to cook, I had always assumed that it was she that did the cooking on that day or most of it.
I was WRONG. Surprisingly so. :0)
He soaked the turkey (maybe even defrosted it ) (Ididn't ask) in brine water. MOIST unbelievingly MOIST. I shit you not!

No cooking at home for moi also means no leftovers for moi. sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Bah humbug!
We ate around 5:30 which left us traveling back to North Port after dark. Ed didn't sleep well the night before ( being in another strange bed and house.) Could be that their yorkie Shilow kept scratching on our door to be let in ...til finally I had to get up and let him in and he slept on the floor beside Ed. Grandson L.J. didn't come home , nor did grand daughter Corinne and he always bunks with one or the other. When hubby and I stayed there in the past, he sometimes slept IN BED with us.
Somehow...I don't think that Ed would be comfortable with that. :0(  ime...will te
It's 56 degrees here in North Port,Fl.  Ed turned the heat on.  Yeah,yeah, I know that you feel bad for us.  hahaha

Daughter Jill is planning a funeral for her son Gil. She caught him shooting up Thanksgiving morning. Emotionally she is at the end of her rope. Called her ex and asked him if he had $6,000 to put towards his funeral and he said he wouldn't spend a red cent towards it. She said to me on the phone today, "now I know where I stand."
And...now I know where I stand on this. It will be I that buries my grandson. I'm grateful that I am able to.
Today ( this a.m. ) IF he doesn't sign himself into a program ( his insurance from Medicaid has come through and pays for 3 months rehab ) SHE will go to court this afternoon and do what she has to do to get a judge to commit him.
She checked on him sleeping this morning and thought he was dead. His hands looked so gray. She said to me, "I almost wished he was" and broke down crying that she even thought that way. Told her I understood as when her brother ( my son ) Randy was in prison, I felt relief.  I dreaded the day he got out and to this day I know that he will end up back in prison some day for his stealing and have that heavy on my heart and mind for years now. It's alot of weight to carry. I shit you not!
Almost time to eat my Table Talk Turkey Pot pie and Stove Top dressing.
(((hugs)))

That's All Folks!


6 comments:

  1. so sorry sweetie..I know how you feel..

    so glad you had a good thanksgiving..I had mine with my son and it was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that Gil's medicaid came through. Now let's pray that he follows through. Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I had to chuckle when you wrote about the little doggy at the bedroom door, knowing how Ed feels about dogs.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here, glad that you had a nice meal...my heart breaks for Jill, no matter what, we love our children !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's back in the house? Or she caught him somewhere else?

    What a shame. Drugs are so easy to get into and so hard to get off of. I hope he gets help and you don't have to see him die.

    ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. God that is horrible for Jill, I feel so sorry for her. I hope Gil gets some help before it's too late.
    Glad you enjoyed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. But this is Gil's bottom so sounds like Jill is working on committing him and that's where he needs to be. I wish you all luck with this and will pray. So glad you got to spend your holiday stress free. The little dog at the door is pretty funny would have been funnier is it were and Great Dane :)

    ReplyDelete

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you