I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Tuesday, July 03, 2012

D D It's been a hellaof last two days, for me....

him....he slept through it.  Literally speaking HE DID, except to take his meds,  eat cereal twice on Saturday and yesterday morning .....HE SLEPT.
P.T. person (Andrea ) came followed shortly by the visitng nurse. Stats were good. The 144 to b/P could have been a little better. Andrea roused him, but it was obvious he wasn't all there and WITH IT.
His doctor called and thought it must be another UTI. Called in an RX to our local CVS, told me to get a clean urine sample before I gave him his first dose and bring him into the Boston V.A. to see him at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.  Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr call 911.  Hubby was sound asleep before the nurse left here. Would not stir to take his 2p.m. meds. At 3...I tried again. Leave me alone, is what I kept hearing, but when he said to me , "I'm tired of living, I want to die", THAT is when I called out to g son Gil to help me get him into his wheelchair, out to the car and to the hospital. It was a JOB, but we did it even with him trying to hold onto the bedrails for dear life and resisting going to the hopsital.
Long story short....once the put a Foley in him,  it was noticeable that his urine was CLEAR. When the doctor came in the room and asked where his pain was..he said his stomach. I could hear him yell when the doctor pressed on that area. ( he has been complaining of left sided pain in the lower abdomen for over a year. Keeps being told, there are no organs where he points to.  This doctor ( I don't know where he pressed, though ) suspects diverticulitis.  All his workup had been done by this time. He was given a drink of YUK, given another drink of YUK and hour later and an hour after that he would be taken for a CT SCAN, I think I heard. He was definately being admitted. I kissed him goodbye (there was "meaning" felt in THAT KISS, for both of us.) Something to...REMEMBER.
Came home...ate cold pizza ( Jill was fixing a nice steak supper and I didn't want any ) and made calls to family on his side.  Called the E.R. back after eight p.m.

Newsflash ... 5 freakin mallards just landed in the clean pool.

Hubby was going up to the same floor and same bed he was in Friday. Same phone number ( I had never taken it off my computer .) ;0)
I tried to rest...began to doze and I get a phone call from the floor nurse wanting to ask questions about what had been happening and get a Base Line.  Somewhere in here, she tells me that hubby had a med in his blood that Dr.Foo did not give him. WTF??????????????????   She named some name (medical) that I did not understand. Finally it dawned on me that I had given him HIS RX'd by his primary doctor of Lorazapam. The dose is 0.5. A low dose.   Now I didn't know what SHE was implying, but I let her know they were RX'd and we had a shouting match about my one and only friend Friday when he came home and YES, I gave him ONE then and ONE Saturday. His RX reads Twice a Day as needed.  Jeezus... I'm thinking like, don't go there with me people. I would never give him anything that wasn't RX'd for him. The results were not back yet about Diverticulitis.
Then I tried to calm down after THAT CALL and watch The Bachelorette. CRASHED!
It's now 7:30. Will try to call his room at 8 and then get ready to go visit him and bring him things he will need, like his electric razor and his own toothbrush. He uses HARD , they provide a super soft one....  and He BITCHES. 
(((hugs)))

That's All Folks!

9 comments:

  1. good luck with it all ...i hope they can figure out what is wrong with him. Rest up and sending you my love ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you some answers and some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take time to rest during this. There isn't anyone to take care of you except for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear this. Wishing things could be more peaceful for you. (((Hugs))) On another note, weren't those mallards there last year as well?
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's all you need, to have veiled accusations that you're giving him non prescribed drugs, what a load of shit.
    Stay strong m/f (like you have a choice!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say..grab a drink, sit by the pool and talk to the ducks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like middle child and YDG answers. Rest my friend, rest and breathe.

    ReplyDelete

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you