I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

D D No Joke! Trick or Treat was cancelled!

It may be October 31st, but you wouldn't know it. My beautiful pink dogwood was destroyed and it wasn't any trickster that did it. It was Good Old Mother Nature that was being mean to me and a meanie to the little goblins.  Heavy wet snow broke my tree limbs, sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
To be truthful, I don't even know where to start and relate the nightmare of the past few days.
Maybe I should take a day to calm down. sighhhhhhhhhhhh
We were blessed in two ways. Our stove is NOT electric and we could light the burners for some heat anddddddddddddddddddd out water  heater is waterless and has a pilot light so we could shower and wash dishes.  :0) I forgot about that and daughter Jill reminded me.   Some people did not have it as good. I shit you not!  Just about every surrounding town was mainly without power.  Not that it makes you feel any better when you can't do the laundry, read or knit after dark, dry your hair....all those nicities that one takes for granted. 
Hubby woke freezing in the middle of the first night and I got up and put a thermal shirt and long johns on him.  That was one of the rare times I felt tenderness......other times I WANTED HIM TO SHUT HIS MOUTH!
My head and sensories have been sooooooooo bombarded and I SWEAR...just one more word. will put me over the edge. Funny Farm ...here I am!  He talks nonsense at times and you can not make him understand what you are explaining to him and you want it to END soooo badly.  Forget it...forget it, I'm yelling.  And he still has to get a word out here and there.   OMG! 
Take this one today for instance.  Out of the blue he says to me, " I can't understand why I haven't heard a thing on my police scanner if the police have power." Yep..he DID SAY THAT. I shit you not! 
It was at this time I was close to the end of my rope with all the other dumb shit and the general confusion with everyone else that lives here and some that do not.  Calmly, I said to him.." I can't believe you just said that" and he goes "why" and proceeds to go further than I care to listen to. " If every other city had efffin power and every household and business had power ,and WE did not have power YOU STILL WOULD NOT GET anything on that efffin police scanner", I yelled.
Middle of the night he begins to holler that I have all the covers. I had a corner of mine held to me so I would have a little cover.  It was HIM and always is HIM that rolls towards me and his legs end up holding the blanket down and his back gets exposed.  There is no way you can make him see the light. He will insist to the day he dies it is I that pull his covers off. sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  So I get up and try to pull them out from under him and next thing I see...is his head on my pillow. HIM that gives me nothing but shit when I try to get him to lay his pillows down instead of sleeping sitting up with his neck hanging off. "I'm comfortable" is all I get out of him . Leave my pillows alone."  Sooooo I look at that scene and try to decide where I can lay my weary bones.  A picture of the empty parlor bunkbeds come into my mind. Logan ran to sleep with mom when the closest transformer blew KABANG!  I'm not scared, he told me. I just want to keep mommy company. :0)  Lucky her, with your grinding teeth that your dad never took you to a dentist to get a mouth guard when his wife had dental insuranc for five years.  I digress..I know.  It's constant grinding all night long and all morning until he wakes.  I'll digress some more. Love it when I hear him say often, " Mommy I love you."   Any wayyyyyyyyyyy as I was stoking my pipe and my stack was smoking....  I went out in the parlor and climbed in one of those beds. Two words kept appearing in my mind. SINGLE BEDS  We need SINGLE BEDS! He's still blame me when his covers didn't cover his back. sighhhhhhhhh Anddddddd then I listened and listened for hubby.  I was wide awake by this time. Maybe an hour later I heard him get up to use his pot and I laid there hoping he didn't take a fall.  Then an hour later he was freezing and you know what I did then. Back in the parlor and not too much later I hear stirring in the house. Called out... it was Jill. She peed and made her tea, I got up and made instant coffee and we sat at the table talking.  Around four hubby yells out; "Where the fuck is my coffee." I yelled back " go back to sleep, it's the middle of the night" Surprisingly he did.  Around 6 Jill and I decided bed and sleep sounded good and I got some shuteye. Hubby slept til ten. I failed to mention that he and I turned in at 8 due to no electric, no tv.
How did our ancestors make it without killing each other.... oops, I meant without heat and electricity. :0)
Just  about all my food stuff is ruined. Jill threw away bags of stuff she removed. Milk, cream cheese, hot dogs, bacon. The list goes on and on. I will inquire if I have coverage for food spoilage when i call my ins.co. about the fax coming in to them about that new car I think I am buying.  So far it has seemed like a bad omen with everything that has gone on and wrong. sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  
So as I sit here tonight at ten p.m. trying to catch up reading your blogs and beginning mine before I forget half the shit that's gone on.... Tomorrow IF ALL GOES WELL...I will hit my bank and then go on to Danvers to do the paperwork and pay for my 2012 Toyota Camry XLE. Silver with gray leather interior and All I will need to do is TAKE A COURSE on all the features. :0) I wish I was kidding. I'll probably never realize some of the features I could have used before I OR THAT CAR buy the farm. ;0)
I was shown my Cruise Control but I never bother looking up. Told him my previous cars had Cruise Control and I never used it. Same with high beams.
Never felt the need to is my guess. Or had to???
Personally my thought process should have been on buying a generator when I heard that this FREAK STORM was coming. I shit you not!

A new day......maybe my mood will get better. It's Tuesday the 1st of Novemeber.

Happy 48th Birthday to daughter Michelle. 

Much happened yesterday. Some of it... is best to omit. I shit you not!
Nerves were frayed....you know what it's like.

This day is bringing it's own set of eff ups and stress. No workers. Yesterday the excuse was kids at home without heat...needed their generator for themselves. Okay...I can reason with that. Now today???
The boss did tell my son Randy that they would be here working and it's after eleven a.m.  They saw the amount of snow we had here when they came for the generator. There is no excuse as to why I heard my son telling the boss minutes ago that we didn't have alot of snow like some areas did. It's bullshit if that's their excuse today.  
   Randy stopped at my insurance company. Two women are doing paperwork in the COLD ...no heat, no phones working which means NO FAX working.  Bottom Line...NO NEW CAR TODAY.
I'm just glad that I am of an age that I can go with the flow and I'm not counting the days until Christmas for Santa to gring me my gifts.  Once we had electricity last night Logan was given A GIFT. XBOX worked. ;0)
The nurse has come and gone. Kathy came and washed hubby and I stripped the bed and made it up. Still need to do more vacuuming in my room. Randy is waiting for me to through some clothes on and go to the bank for a Cashiers Check to get that out of the way. Here I sit typing...... 
    No school today ...Professional Day for the teachers...whatever the hell that is. Trick or Treat was cancelled until Friday 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.  Yeah ...like the kids will stop ringing the doorbell by 7:30 when there is no school the next day.  I was a kid once and we didn't have Time Limits. I don't expect them to adhere to an hour either.  I'm prepared. Some people took their kids Trick or Treating to towns that were not effected by the snow storm. Then they will go again on the rescheduled day. Oh wellllllllll. Some towns did not reschedule it, I have heard. :0(  

I'd like to change my blog design, but am scared to death I'd lose everything back to DAY ONE.  :0(
   I need to remember to call and order hubby's pain meds tonight after 5p.m. Forgot to do it once we got our phones working last night. His nurse told me to ask for Pyridium for hubby's bladder spasms. She thinks that is the cause of his severe stomach pain.
Okay...son Randy is trying to patiently wait for me to get off my ass. He knows the stress I am feeling presently and trust me...him having patience with me ...it must be very hard for him to control his emotions.
Take your time...can only last just so long.with him.   I shit you not! I'll be back.

Back, but not without alot of new stress.  Sooooooooo what's new, huh.
Hubby decides to brush out his electric razor while I'm gone and didn't use a napkin to put his whiskers in. Is more corteous of the nurses aides in a Rest Home or the hospital. Always has done it in the past when he shaves in bed. WTF!  I put clean sheets on the bed and before I can even get the rag/rug vacuumbed, he has the bed a mess. I GIVE! I want to THROW IN THE TOWEL and wave a RED FLAG and GIVE UP!!!!
Part of my loss of patience may be due to the fact that I have been out of my own meds for three days now. WalMart pharmacy inside WalMarts doors has no electricity.  Tracie took me there last night and it was in DARKNESS. 
   Jill is napping.....The eyes of ENVY are boring into my brain.  She hasn't been drinking and I'm still not happy. What the effffff is wrong with me?????? 
Must MUST, MUST look into this new book I heard about on ...I believe it was Anderson Cooper's show.
Key To Peace Of Mind written by Steve Aubman, if I read my scribbled down note correct.
The phone just rang and startled me. Recording from the police department updating us on the power situation in town. Many are still without power here and elsewhere. :0(  Kathy that came to bathe hubby this morning was still without power and she lives in this town. Some of our grandkids and kids in other towns are still without power. Now...I've taken my phone OFF the hook and am going to try to rest.
Son Randy took me to the bank, ( I called before we went to check if it was open) and I have my Cashiers Check.  :0)  One thing out of the way.  My salesman made three calls here yesterday while the phone wasn't working. Seems he is concerned that I may have backed out of buying this Toyota from him.
He should be!  I shit you not!  BUT...I must admit I am getting warmed up to the idea of having a new Toyota. The cashier at the bank told me she has had her for years and loves it.
If I am not careful....and don't learn  NOT to get miffed, pissed off, my spine up, my non balls in an uproar, I am becoming more aware that I won't live to enjoy a car or anything else. Somehow without being STRUCK DOWN... I need to learn HOW TO CALM MY NERVES and if it's more medication I need, I need to make an appointment with my primary doctor and ask for HELP.  It's MY CALL.
I'm getting to where I can't stand myself. I shit you not!
At 2 p.m. I set his meds on his nightstand and told him to take them. Just now spotted them and it 4 p.m. He denied I told him and even sounded accusatory like I intentionally didn't give them to him.  Lord help me.

That's All Folks!




6 comments:

  1. I don't think some sort of medication to help you relax a bit would hurt.
    We don't realise how much we depend on electricity till we don't have it do we?
    Love Trishx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I am sorry you lost your power, but glad you had some source of heat. This storm was a record breaker here. Far too early in the year.

    I just went through the blog changing thing. Took me about an hour, 4 different backgrounds and much hard work. There must be an easier way. (Sigh)
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worry about you...a lot..I think it's past time for a nursing home for hubby..they say that the spouse of the one with the illness croaks first from the strain...get some real help..please

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hope you enjoy your new car, and whatever helps you to calm down, do it :)
    We lucked out with the storm..more rain than snow, but unfortunately people still lost their life's because of road conditions :(
    I hope your renovations are done soon !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daf,

    Blog looks awesome! Good luck with the new wheels! Didn't lose power here...thank God but cable went kaput on Saturday and have not been able to get someone here to fix it. I have Verizon internet and phone so that was a saving grace.....can watch TV on my computer.
    I have been praying that Jill stays the course and maybe, just maybe she can really give you a chance to relax once in a while...but somehow it's not in your nature. Stay well and safe.
    ((((hugs)))) Pea

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know it's frustrating caring for someone who is impaired. I was responsible for my mom's care for a long time. She had Alzheimer's. At first it was very hard, but then she reached a stage where she was so sweet and loving. I think that in the early stages the person who is affected knows he/she is losing it and becomes agitated and worried. Now that my mom is gone, I really miss her. I do understand the STRESS though. Eventually, you need to find a good nursing home and keep the sanity you have left :-)
    nancyr

    ReplyDelete

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you