I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Thursday, June 16, 2011

D D The Rusty Years Chapter 7

Wednesday June 15th
By nine a.m. hubby was awake. Grumpy as usual, nothing new.
Took his meds when I reminded him that they were placed there at 6 a.m. .  Had 2 cups of coffee, asked me to cover him with a blanket while he did his excercizes. ( was sitting on top of the bedcovers ) and I gladly ran for a spare blanket and handed him his box of weights ( 1lb to 3lbs ) and he excercized away with a short nap in between.
One of his comments was " I'm tired of waiting for P.T. to come help me."  huh?
This from the man that said he didn't want anyone to come here anymore the other day. 
The bottom of the carboard box gave way as he went to set it down on the floor.  This set him to wondering how this could happen. huh???  Well you know me....I piped up and said maybe it got old, I don't lnow.
That didn't satisfy him. He was still questioning it and I reminded him that it now has an extra 3 lb weight in it he got at the rehab place in FL when he was there for 3 weeks.   Maybe the 3 extra pounds did it was my last comment on that.  sigh!  In the back of my mind I'm thinking...is he thinking someone sabataged the box so the weights would hit him. ???? They are only sand type bags with velcro that you strap on your leg. Nothing metal there.
Like what the efff does it matter WHY???  Box broke!  It didn't come with the weights. It's been used over 3 years .  CASE CLOSED, I wanted to add. I didn't though. I can be nice...sometimes. I shit you not!
Trust me....I am as eager for him to be able to get up and about safely as he is.  Granted he can't carry his own drinks and food with Canadian crutches under his arms, but that's okay.  I'll continue to do it.
No bigggie. A change of attitude would be nice though. I shit you not!
He began to complain of his stomach starting to hurt him around 2p.m. Asked for pedialite and asked me to keep a record of when I give it to him. HUH???  What's that to do with anything?  Okay Pat, take notice and make note.
It's 3p.m. now and he is sleeping.  Letting out long sigh of relief.  All in All he hasn't been that bad today. 
So far....that is!

Before I forget...........a lone female mallard landed on the pool today. Yesterday there was one lone maile. Before that 2 males.  I can't see any shit from them in the pool, but I'm sure they have shit in it. :0(
   I have forgotten to mention that I had cataract surgery on both eyes 3 years ago this past January.
????  Time flys when you are having fun :0)  I should remember because it was also when I quit smoking .
January 15th ( my mom's birthday ) 20?? .  It was so effortless to quit ( surprisingly for me anyway ) that it wasn't traumatic for me to remember I'm guessing.  This from an almost 3 pack a day smoker at the end. 
Unbelievable! I loved my butts!  I shit you not! A little over 20 years of being a smoker and I decided to give it up. I could put the money to a better use was my thought.   Praise CHANTX!!!!!
   Now what was the next thing I was going to mention????
Was it the monies owed us by workemens compensation?  I don't think so, but I will mention that the emails their attorney is sending to my son in FL looks like they are holding our monies HOSTAGE.
They want hubby to sign a form that he won't sue the company responsible for the Work Comp F Up( wording was something like this: it is in the best interest of my client that I am acting on their behalf and recommending they don't release the monies at this time under threat of a lawsuit.  HUH??? In this same email this attorney says there is no re-course for us to collect on extra monies ie; value of the dollar back ten years ago  to now, interest on monies they have known due us since  last Dec., and ? something else.   WTF!!!! 
No it wasn't about that, but I will eventually think of it.  That's why at my age it's smart to jot notes when the idea comes along. :0)   I am not SMART.  I shit you not!

It's almost 5p.m. Logan and three of his friends are swimming in the pool. Make that four friends.
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  It may be 74 degrees, but we hardly saw the sun for four days.
   I expect Tracie around 6. She has an eye exam and will take me to Kohls .  It's senior day. Could have driven myself, but I'll make her happy.  She'd have come here regardless. 
   No one has called to give me a time they can come to see hubby.  While I am enjoying that break from people coming to the house, he needs P.T. sigh!
   Thank goodness for KFTV out of Orlando for bringing this Casey Anthony trial in it's entirety online.
Whatever you miss you can watch at your own convenience all the way back to Day One. 
Trust me, I have not been able to watch it as it was unfolding on Tru TV during the day.
The only problem with that is when I'm wearing the headphones I can't hear myself being paged until it's a HOLLER.
Now how the Hell did that last sentence trigger what I forgot I wanted to relate ????
Birthdays......this month has found me lacking in that area. Forgot my fave cousins on the 7th. Forgot my fave son in laws on the 10th. Today I was able to make out cards for the rest of the June birthdays I send to.
My oldest grandson Larry will be 38 the 22nd of this month. OMG! I'm OLDEN/AGE ed/ANCIENT! 
   Speak of the Devil...P.T. Andrea just called and is coming around 1:30 tomorrow Thursday.
The call that I lost from All Care just before that must have been the nurse. 
Okay...I see I have a voice message. Trouble is...I don't know how to retrieve it.  Didn't I just say I wasn't smart. Yep, I did!  Jill is the one that retrieves the messages and I have never asked her to show me how.  Guess I've been enjoying myself and saving my brain cells for more important SHIT!

Thursdasy June 16th

It's almost 8 a.m. Hubby is sleeping soundly. :0) Everytime I try to wake him to take his 6 a.m. meds he groans and says, "later."  Looks like a repeat of yesterday.  I have apple juice and his meds on his nightstand. I did my job....sorry but I can't take his meds for him.
The nurse from AllCare did leave a message. She is coming at one. Thank you Jill.

HEY!!!!!!! How about them Bruins. They won the Stanley Cup!  These so called die hard Bruins fans ( Jill and Logan ) both were asleep with their TV's going when they won.  Hubby was snoozing off and on, but was awake when they won and for a half hour after watching the news with all the hoopala. 
Midnight was upon us and it was the end of a long day for me. Him...he gets plenty of sleep during the day and night. Yep, I'm envious.
    Oh .have I mentioned that I wasn't smart/bright?  Poor Ginger. She spends most of her day and all night on our bed. Only trouble is .....now that the Lift Chair is gone ( that replaced an old recliner ) she has nothing to jump onto to get up on our bed.  sigh! 
Mama ( me ) went to PetSmart last night with Tracie and bought doggy stairs.  ;0) Only problem is...she needs a lesson/lessons on how to use them.  We may have to build a better Mouse Trap.  Noooooooooooo, a two foot high pile of dirty laundry at the foot of my bed isn't my idea...............or is it! ;0)

I just heard WB come in.  8:15 a.m. he just got off work.

I finally heard Jill say something smart yesterday. She said the ex SIL from Hell  hasn't had Logan all that much since he has been away in MS and she is going to tell him she is using him as a dependant on her income taxes next time.  One can only hope she follows through with it.  Trust me, I will remind her come January of 2012.

Tracie took me to Kohls last night also. It was after 6 when she came to pick me up.  I bought a size 14 pair of white capri's on sale knowing I wasn't going to fit my arse into them, but it was more for the incentive to get out of the 16's.
Then we went for a Chinese Buffet.  I WAS BAD!  I shit you not!
The scale will not be kind to me.  :0(   I was a few pounds less than when I left Florida.  Definately not good, but cheating never is.  Staying the same I could accept.  Gaining will be another thing. Maybe it's what I need to get back on track.  It worked the one time I gained a few pounds while going to Weight Watchers in Florida.  Why do we do this to ourselves??????????????? 
Scale reads 186. It's not the scales fault! Was that blackberry ice cream not to mention the amount of food on my plate last night worth it? The watermellon I ate for dessert, should have been MY DESSERT.
Have the handfulls of cheetos on the counter been worth it?
Now I'm getting My Just Desserts! Right back to where I was at my last weigh in before I left Florida.

Just got a refill on my coffee and as I neared the kitchen counter I heard WB say, " I don't feel very welcome Jill."
Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, DUH!
Hey, I say hi and bye. He must mean......HER. :0)
She and her son Gil are working a cookout Fathers Day.  My fave SIL had only one job on Fathers Day and she asked to work it.  WB wanted that day to be spent with him and his daughter Alex.  Ut Oh!
Can you feel the l o v eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. ;0)
Okay...it's 8:30. Nurse coming at 1. P.T. coming around 1:30.  I need my shower. Hubby needs to be showered. Hubby needs to wake up and smell the c o f f e eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I shit you not!
He's stirring. 

That's All Folks!

4 comments:

  1. wow lots going on...i hope you have a relatively good day today....we finally have some sun, but it has been pretty cold for this time of year, the farmers are having a hard time of it this year :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had cataract surgery on both eyes, 3 years ago. Are you due for yearly eye check up, soon? So you can talk about the present issue...

    Actually, I hate to drive at night. End of story. Perhaps when we pass 70, we aren't *supposed* to anymore? -grin-

    ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quit smoking after smoking 4 packs a day camels with nary a look back..just quit and went about my business..no withdrawl no cravings nothing...so I'm not very sympathetic when people can't quit ..ha..hope things get better for you soon.ydg

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm headed for my two year anniversary for quitting smoking. July 4th was my own personal Independence Day. It seems like you had a quieter day today. I'm glad. You need these days once in awhile.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you