I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Saturday, April 02, 2011

D D How many idjuts did I raise

My son was a BAD boy again yesterday.
Hubby and I retired close to midnight and he still wasn't home.
Like my DIL says....it's the drinking and driving she worries about.  sigh!
There are alot of dynamics going on between the two of them.
She left him and took a year lease on a condo on water months before we came here two years ago .
Only used it alone a few weeks.
Took a years lease on a huge new home ten months or so before this visit from us and got out of the lease when she bought the trailer in North Port.
She loves him, but has told me she won't hesitate to walk out again.
MEN!!!!!  He's a damned FOOL !
As I said before.,..he retired at age 40.  Had made alot of money as an electronic engineer and in the stock market and whatever else his intelligence rewarded him.
Now just does computer system restores and the likes for small companies , has his hand in real estate and some other things.
NONE have medical benefits and this is where the problem lies.
For DIL Deb to add his health coverage to hers, it would cost $650 a month and she isn't willing to do that when he is an able bodied man who can WORK like she does.
Do I blame her................NO!
He won't see a doctor. He has been told he has high blood pressure :0(
As Deb says ....he is jeopardizing ALL that they have worked for all these years should he end up hospitalized. :0(
I don't know anything about high intelligence, but what my son has in smarts...he lacks in common sense.
I shit you not!
How do you talk to your grown kids and make them see what you have learned ?????????
True...DIL Deb is an over achiever, but he has known that for at least twenty five years.
She earns the money for everything she buys. Pays her credit card off each month .
He paid cash for this house and she paid for all the furnishings.
Most men ( I think ) would be envious of their situation.
It's almost nine. Haven't seen him yet, but Deb headed up to St.Petersburg to a nursing home facility to do wound care an hour ago. Hour drive each way. Company car, company gas. She gets a brand new Toyota Camry this month and her company car will go to the new person hired last month.  SWEET.,...as the kids say nowadays.
Sonny is usually on the couch in front of me by 4 a.m.  hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Hope he has a hangover BIG TIME!  I shit you not!

Hubby is still sleeping.  I'm sitting here listening to the waterfall.

A sore spot with Sonny. He wanted to build it. They picked out the stone and purchased it two years ago.
In two years time he had the cement base and rebarb supports in.
Deb wanted it done in her life time and had lost two years of enjoying it, so she hired a man well known for creating waterfalls and paid for it out of her own earnings.
She has said that Sonny could have done a better job, but she was tired of waiting.
The sound coming from it is indescribable. Love it!!!

Is this a thorn in my son's side ? Oh well.  She often asked him to get more done on it and he chose not to.  sigh!  MEN!
I'd like to take him over my knee. I shit you not!


That's All Folks!





6 comments:

  1. Please may I call him s t _ p _ d, on many levels? Driving and drinking... Not doing the waterfall himself... Not getting health ins. by working somewhere, that he can... Not even seeing if he has high BP. Sighhhhhhhhh

    Good for her that she only takes just so much shit. She'll probably live longer, without the added stress, which taking-too-much-shit gives her. May she always know "when."

    I would love, love, love to be able to hear such a waterfall, on out pool. But I think we are too olden to request it now. :-) I wouldn't want to pay for someone else doing it. And he isssssssssss tooooo damn old to take on any more jobs. He does too much around here, already. And I'm always looking for ways in which he can cut back.

    But... Men being men, he doesn't always want to listen. Just look at your hubby. He issssss disabled, but he stilllllllll tries to do stuff. Men. :-)

    And yet, it's a good trait, that did well by them, earlier in life. Unless a man has *gumption,* he doesn't accomplish as much as he could. And unless a man feels rewarded, just by the doing of stuff, he doesn't either. Obviously, both our men do.

    Oh yes, I actually made him a delicious smelling quick bread today!!!!! He's been wanting one for so long and I was just pooped with the damn cough/cold. But!!! I did it today!!! I'm sooooooooooooooo proud of myself! LOL.

    When I can again TASTE, I will make one Gluten Free, for myself. They don't taste that good, but.... It seems like a treat, for a day or two.

    Keep enjoying your time down there, because you DO enjoy it. Unlike me. :-) But I'd take that lani [spelling?] and pool with waterfall, to sit in the shade by and listen to!!!!!!!!!!! Ohyeah!!!

    Gentle hugs,
    .♥.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Good thing Blogger doesn't charge us by-the-typed-word, isn't it?

    I just can not stop!!!!!!!

    Needless to say, it's easy to see why I don't understand those who never have anything to comment. LOL! I NEVER have NOTHING to COMMENT!!! LOL!

    Gotta' go for a walk, in the *OUTSIDE,* while the sun shines.

    Gentle hugs,
    .♥.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's never easy for you, my friend, and I do admire how well you handle everything that is tossed your way. A stronger woman cannot be found.

    Went and did my food shopping today. Alas, aside from Smart Ones, my store did not have much Weight Watchers' things, but I did stock up on fruits and veggies and am determined to eat them. I also gave up on my kiddie yogurt and bought a better brand listed in the book. I did find Weight Watchers chocolate ice cream sandwiches and did buy them. That should satisfy my sweet tooth.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't tell them, many a time I've had to bite my tongue and step back a bit with my adult children.
    That pool looks just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just told Almost Hubs yeasterday, I don't care how old they get... sometimes they just need a good ass kickin'...

    Enjoy your waterfall view... I'm a wee bit jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you