When did I lose the ability?
This has been preying on my mind.....I shit you not!
Was it at age 50. Was it at age 60. In just days I will be 74 and I keep trying to put my mind and BODY together and so far I COME UP EMPTY. Sigh!
Maybe it's the extra pounds I carry around that keep my body from lifting up. Then again, maybe balancing myself on one foot even for a second is the reason behind it.
Trying to put my underpants and jeans on while standing is becoming ever so hard to do. :0(
It's a balancing act.
Weebles wobble......and they do fall down! I shit you not! So far, I have been lucky:0)
That ends my soul searching for today. Amen!
Yesterday's visit wth hubby left me wondering again what THE HELL is going on with him.
As my son and I entered his room his P.T. person was about to leave the room with him to take him into the P.T. room and she told us a Meghan ? had seen him today about an AFO for his turned out left foot.
Right away he became aggitated and told me she was a Flim Flam artist. He claimed she was there the day before and today she introduced herself and gave him her card and presented herself as being there today for the first time. No amount of reasoning could make him see things different. sigh!
The P.T. person was very nice and gave hubby many reasons he could be mistaken.
NO NO and NO. This person DOES NOT come into this facilty unless she is called to evaluate a patient as to if they would benefit from wearing an A.F.O.
Twenty years ago or so, hubby wore one of these. He insisted she just wanted to sell him one.
Hello.......................Medicare or the V.A. will pay for it!
All the way to the P.T. room and beyond....his suspicions continued. He didn't like being lied to....what's the odds of him meeting two Meghans in just two days were, no I couldn't be mistaken or confused about the days. He bit his words off and had this suspect look on his face.
Finally the P.T. person asked if he could just let that rest for now.
Dear Diary...you and I both know that I could have taken him home here at any time if he was unhappy there. He is because of the meals . Leaves most of the food on his tray.
We at home here are eating Lean Cuisine and Weight Watchers meals for the most part for our evening meals. Somehow I don't think hubby would like them. Years ago he wouldn't even try a Hungry Man dinner.
Frozen food nuked in a mircrowave...................... not on his life. sigh!
He NEEDS the P.T. he is getting there. That's how I justify my actions. Home P.T. is just not the same.
The FUN begins Saturday after 10 a.m. when I wheel him out the door. :0( I shit you not!
It's time to Shake A Leg. Almost ten. I need a blow torch under my ass! An ejection seat..... maybe!
That's All Folks!
The ramblings of a mom of 9 by her KIDS that are STILL making her climb walls ,even as adults. Said I DO 3xs and I WANT OUT 2 xs. Have learned there is no such thing as a Rose Garden. My motto is Life Is Too Short To Be Miserable. When the bad outweighs the good it is time to shit can em. Laugh with me or at me, welcome to my world.
I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )
I will have to try to skip now! That will be a sorry sight! Maybe hubby is just disoriented from the different setting, not sleeping well, etc. Keep an eye on it, though. My thoughts are with you.
ReplyDeletesending hugs and good luck on saturday
ReplyDeleteI love to skip..even at my age i still skip
ReplyDeleteI haven't tried to skip in ages, but it's worth a try. We have a nice long hallway here at work. I just don't want anyone else to see it. As far as the dressing part goes, it's becoming quite the chore to get anything from the waist down on. (((Hugs))) ahead of time for you on Saturday.
ReplyDeleteMary
The mental part of this would be scaring me more than the physical issues. Hope you're okay.
ReplyDeleteStop 2nd guessing your choices.
ReplyDeleteDon't even CONSIDER trying to SKIP! I too, am facing 74, in not too long... At this age, it is not WISE to even think about skipping.<--My Wisdom 101 for the day! :-)
And balance?????? What the hell is balance? I'd have to look that one up in a dictionary! >,-)
"May you have warm words on a cold evening,
a full moon on a dark night,
and the road downhill all the way to your door."
Happy St. Patrick's Day.