It's always nice to wake up to the gift of another day. :0)
No matter what the day brings you, shit happens and you make do with it and plug away.
Will lovely Ric call me today.........or will I have to call him back???
The main question I want answered is..............How did this happen????????
Twenty six years with NO COST OF LIVING ADJUSTMENT ( COLA ) ???????
Not one W.C. Insurance Co. that bought his claim noticed this?????
I cashed in hubbys small IRA of a little over 2K to be able to somewhat pay my way down here.
Deb bought our air fares this and last time.
Last visit here my son and DIL paid for everything for us for the month we stayed with them and I did not feel right about letting them do this for us again.
If we had extra to sock away, I would not have cashed in his IRA.
Oh well, no sense crying over spilled milk, but I am more than ticked off about this happening.
We were never informed that if you are disabled you do not have to pay a sales tax when you buy a car either.
Sitting at bingo one night I made the aquaintance of a lady with disabilities that was sitting next to me and she gave me this information.
We had recently bought a car and I just beat the deadline to get my paid sales tax returned to me.
The RMV has forms to fill out and it gets sent away for review and then you get notified that your sales tax monies will be returned to you.
I now spread the word whenever and where ever I can. :0)
My DIL took off for Naples and then on to Ft.Myers for her wound nursing facilities earlier this morning and my son took off for some meeting with condo owners that need to have an alarm system installed that you can shut off from whatever state you are in.
He has his fingers in so many things. Real Estate, setting up computer systems for companies amongst a few.
Just not the 40 hour job that covers you with health Insurance that his wife wishes he had.
No drinking issues since that one I mentioned.
His buddy Doug has been over a few times and my son sets him up at the breakfast bar with a bottle of booze and the other makings of a mixed drink.
Two years ago when we visited his friend/buddy Tom next door and his wife Pat were always over here in the evening and Tom likes his TEA. Almost every night Deb and Pat would make foods and dips and we were either eating supper next door or here.
Deb was not a happy camper with that and I even mentioned I couldn't do that every week.
Deb is not a drinker. Nor am I. The others were. Entertaining every night is EXHAUSTING! I shit you not!
I longed for the couch and tv and no company at night. Maybe once in awhile, but DEFINATELY not every night.
This time....things have changed. Have not laid eyes on Tom and Pat yet.
Doug and Shari......Shari the first day here and Doug almost every day, but I do my thing and my son entertains his guest. :0)
Deb is a Go Getter and after working all day she likes to go to the beach and watch sunsets, walk around the quaint sea side towns in the evening, go to festivals, go watch the dolfins swim in the bay, watch the manatees swim this time of year before they head off to more open waters, take stale bread and dry dog food and feed the turtles and ducks in a pond near here, go on walks, walks with the dogs. Those kinds of things make her happy.:0)
Not being the Hostess with the Mostest and watching people DRINK!
Almost 10 a.m. and I haven't put any food in my mouth yet. NOT GOOD!
I'm not hungry, but must force myself to eat something nutricious. Like a bowl of Wheaties with strawberries cut up on it. 3/4 of a cup of Wheaties is 2 points. I eat double that for 4 points. Strawberries are ZERO.
1 cup of 2% milk is 2 points. Subtract 6 points from my 29 and that leaves me 23 points for the rest of the day.
I have found that I don't need any sugar .............WOW!
Doorbell just rang and I went to answer it. There stood a saleman all nicely dressed with his attache case as I cracked open the door.
Shilow managed to squeeze out the door ( all 7 lbs of him ) and I had to grab Sam the BIG dog by his collar to restrain him back. I bump into Sam or he is forever in my way and I fear getting knocked down. He is STRONG! I shit you not!
This guy had the NERVE to tell me that I should never open the door without first restraining my dogs.
WTF!!!!
First words out of my mouth were, " they aren't my dogs" not spoken nicely and I slammed the door.
What NERVE!
My dog is in my efffin bedroom. :0)
Okay so that Idjut has got my heart beating faster. He riled up my ass. Let's hope ole Ric from W.Comp. calls me when I am calmer.
That's All Folks!
The ramblings of a mom of 9 by her KIDS that are STILL making her climb walls ,even as adults. Said I DO 3xs and I WANT OUT 2 xs. Have learned there is no such thing as a Rose Garden. My motto is Life Is Too Short To Be Miserable. When the bad outweighs the good it is time to shit can em. Laugh with me or at me, welcome to my world.
I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )
every morning I wake up with a big grin on my face..think..ha..made it through another night.
ReplyDeleteMy goodness, you are doing so well with your diet. You are putting me to shame.
ReplyDeleteMary
He had some nerve ringging the bell and disturbing your breakfast... RUDE! :)
ReplyDeleteShould have set the dogs on him, he won't sell much with that attitude.
ReplyDeleteAnd strawberries are zero points? Wow it's changed a bit. Used to be most vegies were zero but all fruit had a point value.
Thanks for your comment on my rant post, it made me feel better.
Glad some of the stress, from the past, is not around on this visit.
ReplyDeleteNo lawyer, hu? With this news of money change, or what ever one calls it?
Best of luck with all of this.
Some vacation hu? Stress follows you and finds you, no matter where you are. But keep up the good vibes. And enjoy the wonderful-ness of eating more healthy. Soon, you should be feeling the good feelings, which come, when we only put good food into our bodies.
Hugs...
Mrs. Bradley >,-)