I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

D D Happy Belated Valentines Day

There is no internet service in North Port unless I go up to the Club House I have been told......it's up to me to get showered, dressed and over there.
Had a very relaxing time, other than the 3 TIA's hubby had Saturday morning, which is upsetting.
He was scared enough to request Bayer asprins and he isn't supposed to have any blood thinners.
In his case.... he can't be any worst off if he does take asprin at those times his doctors have told him.
Friday we drove in two cars to N.Port. Hubby and Sonny in one and they stopped and ate at Sonnys Pit BBQ and Deb and I stopped at Applebees for a 550 Calorie meal. I had a 550 cal dish with shrimp in it.
Sunday we went out to eat in the afternoon.The waterfront restaurant was LOADED with SnowBirds. and we would have had a longggggggggggg longggggggggggggggg wait, so we opted for a Sonny's Pit BBQ instead.  My first sliced pork sandwich in a few years and hubby's second.
I get  48 extra points for the week on top of my 29 daily points. That sandwich and coleslaw must have shot mine all to Hell! :0(...it was sooooooo  gooooooooooooooooooooooooood! I shit you not!!

Yesterday after Deb got home from work shortly after noon time,she and I went out to run to a Mall .
First we stopped at Wendys. A large chili is 7 points and a small is 4 points.  Yum. Next stop was a Gaming Room and I made $10. :0)  Then off to Sears for her contact lenses and I found a real nice Buxton wallet on sale for $18.  Needed one for home as I carry a checkbook and a small wallet in my larger purse and this is ALL IN ONE. :0)
Then we traipse through the mall to East Oshgosh  Claire's to get my ears re-pierced.
My Valentine present to myself. :0)
Then on to a Super Walmart where we both left a CHUNK OF MONEY.  I shit you not!
Lots of walking done yesterday.
Once back home and after all those groceries were put away, Deb made tacos ( with turkey meat ).
Hubby was none the wiser and since I've been here it's been turkey meat and it's something I have never cooked with or eaten before. Some things...not bad, but hubby was wondering why his hot dogs didn't have any flavor the other night. I'm not telling him they were chicken dogs. ;0)
Grand daughter Corinne's big dog Sam has attacked my Ginger two times now. Has scared the hell out of her and us when she makes that quick grab at the back of her neck and she rather be shut up in our bedroom now.
Sam isn't allowed in the North Port home. :0)
He is Corinne's dog and their dog Shilow is a Yorkie.  A cute one and he is a year older than Ginger.
They get along just fine. :0)

My days seem even shorter now. I try to leave things like I found them and stay away from my laptop pretty much. :0(
Making beef stew for the men for supper.  Have a  Weight Watchers frozen dinner for myself.   
Will eat a salad with it and spritz on a dressing.
I don't think I've lost a pound. :0(  Wednesday night is my weigh in. sigh!
Going to the Florida State Fair tomorrow. My son said " no diet tomorrow."
Guess that means the fair has too many goodies to try. hmmmmmmmmmm Let's see if I can find some will power. 
Tonight is Ladies Night at the Gaming Rooms.  My ass will be dragging before I get into bed.  Is it a good orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr a bad thing???? The jury is out on this right now.

Daughter Jill called me this morning. Son Randy is doing a super job on painting my bedroom and of course she is the mover and wiper of things ( which has been my job ). ;0)
She mentioned W.B.'s name, so I know he is still in the picture.:0(

My arm pain still wakes me a couple times during the night.  :0(
My sons friend and neighbor Doug came over yesterday with three pint boxes of large fresh picked strawberries for me. :0)
This morning he brought over more, only these he had dipped in chocolate. :0(
I took a picture. Haven't uploaded it yet.


Our bedroom in N.Port





Looking out the livingroom window

Looking out the lanai window


Saw an alligator both days and he sunned himself/herself on a lawn across the pond Sunday afternoon.
All kinds of water fowl and birds and turtles.
We took a walk with the dogs on Saturday.

Probably won't write tomorrow. Will read my friends blogs as time allows. 
Still haven't let my brother or hubby's brother know that we are here and they are welcome to come and stay awhile Sonny and Deb said. :0)
Two years ago my brother Larry and sister in law Judy came down to visit us and stayed a night. :0)
Sonny drove us up to Leesburg to visit Frank and Marion.
Hopefully she has recovered from her knee surgery and can drive down to visit us and stay a few days.
Frank never learned to drive. Why??/ I don't know.

DIL Deb just got in from work.
It's time I make myself look useful. 
Can't seem to find a place to get comfortable using my laptop, so I stand at the breakfast bar counter and glide my mouse on the marble counter.  Legs get tired though.. I shit you not!
The counter is in the forefront. The table is in the background. I should try the table out next. Ya think! ;0)

That's All Folks!

8 comments:

  1. what a beautiful place...glad you are enjoying yourself.Hope hubby doesn't have to many episodes though, might just be the adjustment to new surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful place...glad you are enjoying yourself.Hope hubby doesn't have to many episodes though, might just be the adjustment to new surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely place! Be careful of that alligator. I am so proud of you...the way you are taking control of your weight. It is something I really have to do. I actually took off work sick today because of a tummy ache...from too many Valentine's chocolate. Well, I did join a Yahoo group called Fattbusters for people who gained a lot of weight after quitting smoking. Trouble is, they work with weight watchers and I am not a member. They utilize the online Weight Watchers but I don't have a credit or debit card. Will figure it out somehow.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures.
    Hope Mike is okay.
    And yay you for sticking to the WW plan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I could stay some place where I could see alligators, yikes!! Have a good time at the fair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've eaten at Sonny's... and now I'm a bit hungry. (I lived in Fl for 7 years -Ft. Laud. and Miami- and had family in Port Charlotte, Englewood, North Port and Naples.) So glad you're having fun!

    PS. I'm slow on the commenting lately, no worries though... always reading! -J

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy pics, of down there. They are [almost] enough to make me miss FL. Almost. ,-) But your surroundings do look fantastic! No doubt about it. Enjoy!!!

    Yeah, try sitting at the table. Betcha' that will prove to be the most comfy place to do your lap-topping. [New word! "Lap-topping"!]

    Hubby is having those attacks, more and more often, hu? -sigh-

    "Olden Auntie A."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there, it's me again. Back to test the look of a new Icon. It's sooooooooooo NOT me, I know! I know! I know!

    But I love Emma Peel as "Mrs. Bradley" ["Mrs. Bradley Mysteries" dvd's]. And no one can dictate, what our Icons have to look like. -grinnnnn-

    So I say, why not have an Icon, which is what you like, even if it's totalllllllllllllly not you! lol. What can they do? Laugh at me? Big deal! Not the first time for that, I say. >,-)

    "Olden Auntie A."

    ReplyDelete

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you