Yesterday after posting I did manage to complete a few things and then I had to add a few more things to My To Do List. sigh!
My nephew Drew wants us to get together over a cup of coffee somewhere so he can dump his troubles on me before I leave for Florida. sigh!
He has no one in his life except his husband Patrick whom I suspect is mired in his own troubles.
I'm the only one he can talk to he says.
They are losing their home. Just don't know what day the hammer will fall.
They are filing bankruptsy in a few days.
Neither has a job. They both have HIV .
I can't open my home to them. The Inn is FULL. sigh!
Hubby never liked Drew from the time he was a young child. He never understood the dynamics nor cared to.
Drew was a BRAT no doubt about it, but what internal thing was going on inside of him to make him act that way?
Drew was taken from his mom for neglect ( malnutrition and I forget what else. (pneumonia I think.) when he was around a year old.
My parents asked to be legal guardians of Drew at my brother Ron's ( his fathers) urging.
He and Andrea were not married.
My memory fails me here....I think he was in prison at the time.
Myyyyyyyyyyyy how time fades ones memory. Know it wasn't a violent crime that my brother committed, but none the less he was doing TIME. Time then...Time later.
Mom flew from California to D.C. to get Drew when he was about 16 months old.
We all were living in CA back then....just in different houses and towns. Drew's birthday is 6/22/1961. SHIT!!!!.....or was it 1960.
Drew's mother died at age 21 . Had surgery to remove a tumor behind her eye that was pushing her eye out of the socket , was in Recovery and responding and suddenly took a turn for the worst and died.
Andrea's first child ( a daughter she named Angela ) was removed from her and her husband as a young baby and was adopted.
They divorced.
Next she had Ronette. She named her after my brother, but she was not his child. Remember hearing from my mother that she said she was raped by three men.
. She was on the East Coast and my brother was on the West Coast at that time. Next came Drew that she named Andrew. She and my brother Ronald broke up and she had a baby girl she named Andrea Lynn and she also was removed from her.
Her mother raised Ronette until she fell in ill health and died. Then Ronette went to a foster home with a foster father that molested her . Hubby and I went to D.C. after Ronette visited with my parents and her half brother Drew one summer to return her and met this family. She was around seven then.
( Our first vacation from our kids of sorts.)
The foster parents had 3 children and I heard years later that Ronette was a Cinderella. sigh!
At that time we knew no history.
Andrea lies in a paupers grave in Worcester with no marking except for a number. Sad!
My mother loved Drew as if she had given birth to him. Two of my siblings resented Drew for him being allowed to call our parents mom and dad and being like a son to them when they had other grandkids that called them Nana and Grampy.. sigh!
Made for a miserable life for Drew when they lived near each other and my mothers heart bled for him.
His life wtih my dad was no better than the four of us( the blood children ) had with him.
Sure he was provided for....my dad's drinking and nasty, mean, tormenting mouth wiped out all his good points.
At least there were the four of us to know we were not alone in this life. Drew had no one.
I could and can empathize with Drew while no one else could or would.. sigh!
After cooking for Logan yesterday , Jill and W.B. took off for parts unknown at 1 p.m.
Where ever parts unknown were...they included booze and they had made one for the road in red plastic cups before they left.
Back here around 9. Inebriated .....of course!
Thick tongue on her part. W.B. can hold his drinks better, but over the limit to drive FOR SURE!
Tracie had arrived at my door around 7 and she tied me up from whatever I wanted to do to relax.
Of course she saw the condition of those two. You would have to be blind...NOT TO.
Loaded her up with leftover American Chop Suey and I hope that keeps her away from my door today.
Daughter Cheryl called while I was typing this and she sounded in a better mood.
Felt this was as good a time as any to tell her I was going to Florida.
That good mood..........lasted seconds. :0(
Oh I bet she...meaning Jill... will be having a blast while your gone. Her house! blah,blah,blah.
I can see all the trouble down the road for the rest of us after you are gone. ( dead) is what she meant.
I didn't bother to say that our will dictates that the house is to be sold and divided nine ways. sigh!
In our conversation today she had asked how many of my aunts and uncles were still alive.
Told her just my mother's sister Aunt Florence who is 90.
I didn't know she was your mother's sister she said. HUH?
Just knew she was my mothers or fathers sibling. :0(
She used to go to her house with my mother and play with my aunts adopted daughter Cindy ( whom she described today as a spoiled Princess who was a girly girly and she was a Tomboy so they had nothing in common ) and she does not care if she ever sees her again.
Apparently Cindy contacted Shayla on Facebook and wanted to be her friend and I tried to explain to Cheryl that alot of that is for a Family Tree.
She don't know Shayla she says. Why does she want to be friends with her.
Her not being interested in a computer did not help. sigh! Cindy is just a few years younger than Cheryl and Cheryl just figures there is too much age difference between Shayla and Cindy.
Then I had to hear about computers being another way for the government to keep track of you.
I GIVE!!!!!
W.B. arrived a short while ago and my neighbor Art delivered to him a batch of peanutbutter cookies for taking care of the end of his driveway that the plows had blocked. His dirveway had a huge snowpile at the end of it.
Right away hubby is asking me who is ringing the doorbell.
I'm demonstrating with my hands just how much further away from the front door was from me than to where he lay. ;0)
No xray vision here either! I shit you not!
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!! Baby it's cold outside. 15 degees and tomorrow will be in the single digits.
Had a weak moment and asked W.B. to stand the Christmas tree he gave me upright in the snow.
It had fallen over before we got the Nor'easter.
Asked Jill AGAIN to put my Christmas decoration purchases up in the attic and also get our luggage down.
Don't hurt to ask.....right?
Meantime I can find plenty else to do. I shit you not!
Been up and down...up and down.. It's noontime.
That's All Folks!
The ramblings of a mom of 9 by her KIDS that are STILL making her climb walls ,even as adults. Said I DO 3xs and I WANT OUT 2 xs. Have learned there is no such thing as a Rose Garden. My motto is Life Is Too Short To Be Miserable. When the bad outweighs the good it is time to shit can em. Laugh with me or at me, welcome to my world.
I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )
Wow!!! What a sad story! Makes you realize just how blessed you are.
ReplyDeleteMary
wow what a sad life Drew led, i think we all be surprised if we knew what goes on behind closed doors. I still feel we have a choice in how we react and treat people. Sending hugs and hope your trip will be a nice one.
ReplyDeleteoh man..that's sad..
ReplyDeleteHoly Crud. That's quite a story.
ReplyDeleteMy Mother's the executor of her parents will. My grandmother died (quickly) of Cancer last Feb, my grandfatehr went suddenly five months later. No ONE was ready for that. Now the assets (including the house) get split 10 ways, and people have to find other places to live, refinace their mortages, etc. It's quite a mess. And it's divided the whole family.
Have fun on your trip, you've certainly earned it. :)
I am so glad you're going to Florida. I wish it was sooner rather than later. You surely need a break from all this and it sounds like you'll be a bit spoiled where you're going, which YOU DESERVE!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for the lecture, yes I'm going to see the doc on Monday. ;) (so nice that you care).