I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Saturday, November 06, 2010

D D I had the time of my life


What an afternoon and night I had.
As we were leaving for the chiropractors, Sonny and Deb pulled in our driveway.
They were running in for the key to her dad's house and a flashlight and said they would be back.
They were back around 2  and spent the afternoon with us and later took us out to eat.
Got back home at 9 p.m. and they left for her oldest son's home in RI a few hours drive and go back home to FL today.

OMG! OMG! OMG!
They gifted us the paperwork for the plane tickets they purchased for us to their places in Florida.
We fly to FL on Southwest airlines Feb 1st and stay til  March 3rd 2011.
They offer to buy us tickets every year, but I don't want to leave home.
I will miss my dog Ginger and she will pine for us.
Always does and Jill gets alarmed when she doesn't want to eat.
Even though I bought a carry on case for her,  for another airline, I would not take her.
She sheds like the dickens and I could not do that to Deb. sigh!
They have flown us there twice.....but I always have some excuse when they say the invitation stands every year.
This coming year they are not giving me an excuse.
Tickets are bought.
I'll just have to get over missing Ginger like I have done in the past. Lady the pomeranian is everyones dog.
She goes to everyone to be petted and fed. NOT GINGER!
She is either in bed with the both of us or hubby and at other times in her own bed near my feet at the computer.
Wish she wasn't so attached to us at times. Times like this anyway. sigh!
Deb purchased the most delishous pastries in RI, all made with real cream from an operating dairy for us..
They use to take us there when we would visit them when they lived a few miles from the RI border and I would be like a kid in a candy store.
I will take a picture before I dig in. :0)
Hubby use to enjoy these desserts before he became Lactaid Intolerant.
I'm thinking I seriously need to lose weight before this trip and my next thought is, I can't let these desserts go to waste.
I have been having a love affair with food!   sigh!
They were driving a 2 door car. Invited us to go eat with them and her son Dave and his family.
Getting into the back seat was one thing for moi. Getting out was a whole new ballgame. I shit you not!
I kept sliding on the vinyl seats trying to rise and put my left foot out the door. Finally I found no position comfortable enough for my body and I slid down onto the floor. Put my legs out and my son HOISTED me up and out.
Repeated my car EXIT on our return. HYSTERICAL laughter. Deb said she was going to pee herself laughing and I DID!  Thanks to the protection I wore...no one was the wiser. :0)
Seriously...it isn't easy getting out of the back seat of a two door car at my age and with the weight I am carrying. 
They may be having second thoughts on wanting us down visting them for a month after this. :0)
My son danced hubby and my special song with moi.
Jaiden got up with the one man band and played his guitar.
He was adorable and everyone thought it was cute. Including moi !
David's wife Jen and I danced to a fast song and then it was break time and time for us to leave.
I had such a good time. Wish I had dressed better, but I will show you the pictures anyway.


David and Jaiden  He looks like his daddy.
I cut Jen off. :0(

Sonny, Deb and Jaiden. He's sampling her Onion Soup.


Mother and son
He had put his jacket on thinking we were leaving. Well we were until Lady In Red was played. :0)
I'm 5'7"  He is 6'4"
Jaiden and the musician.
Jaiden loves to play Rock Band and Deb bought him this kids guitar for his birthday last month.
The dining crowd were amuzed at his antics when he played.

WHAT A NIGHT! WHAT A NIGHT! WHAT A NIGHT!  I shit you not!

Jill is working prepping food today and delivering it.
Her last delivery she has to do the set up which involves a few hours there.
Butch arrived after work this morning and is preparing to leave too.
After a month without a cent of child support ...Julie is sending Jill a small check.
Jill told me this when she borrowed $30 from me before she left.
That's to keep the wolves away from Julie. ( In all reality the ex SIL from Hell)  
The  DOR= Department of Revenue Child Support Division.
Gil taught her his tricks. Send just enough to show you made an attempt. sigh!
She is not a JILL.
If her ex doesn't send her the child support for his son Erzi, she hauls him into court.
My daughter on the other hand has given up the fight as I have said before.
I'm aware that if she was on her own and struggling she might be still going back to court.
No might about it. I shit you not!
Shit happens for a reason, so I've heard...... wonder what the lesson on all this will be.
Or if I there is even a reason!

These pictures I am about to expose are EVIL! Sin Food!
Made by Wrights Dairy in Woonsocket,RI
They have an extensive selection. These are but four.
I shouldn't eat these....no one else in the house will and I can't let them go to waste. ;0)
My daughter in law loves me, but my scale doesn't. sigh!
Need to let my brother Larry and his wife Judy know we will be in FL for a month and hopefully they can get down to see us like they did the last time.
Deb and Sonny showed us all a great time the two days they were there.
I'm EXCITED!!!!
That's All Folks!
This is why women have 2 hands.
This is why men have 2 hands. ;0)

4 comments:

  1. So so glad you had such a lovely time! I love the pictures of the little guitarist with the dummy in his mouth, how cute is that.
    So excited for you for your trip next year too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you get to go on the trip...the desserts look yummy but they don't temped me LOL, to much cream for me .Enjoy though ;)
    I know how you feel about the dogs...i find it hard to leave them too, but I'm sure they will be alright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I'm not into pastry as there's a bakery about 2 blocks from me!

    What a lovely afternoon and evening you had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a great night! Love the pics! But come on, you're killing me here with those dessert pics...I'm about to go to bed and i'm hungry! I really don't need to have visions of sugarplums and chocolate eclairs, and cake dancing in my head!

    ReplyDelete

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you