A wind gust took the cable, phone and internet out yesterday morning.
TV came back on in no time. Not the phone and internet. :0(
Unable to call Comcast to repor it, I just walked away from it . Something unheard of in the not too distant past.
Panic didn't set in as was the custom .
After 12 years of owning a computer, I have come to recognise that I didn't die like I thought I would when my IPS failed moi. Who woulda thunk it.
A few hours later found moi pulling out the computer table to get my fat butt behind it.
Unplugged this wire and that. Re-plugging. Knocking this over, knocking that over. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Suggestions from the peanut gallery that does not know Jack Shit about a computer....always saying, " I was only just trying to help you." sigh!
No one around to ask for help. Jill took off after getting Logan lunch.
Asked her where she was off to when she didn't remove her purse from her shoulder.
Got the standard answer." I won't be gone long."
Butch had picked up his daughter Alex and called her cell wanting to take her and Logan to lunch.
His money was burning a hole in his pocket. She declined.
Something to the effect that he was planning out the day for Alex and she asked him why there always had to be plans. Take her home, tell her she has loads of dolls and other toys to play with and do your laundry and clean your ferrets cage and clean your dishes and filthy house.
Instead I found out today that he picked up his niece that is a few years older than Alex and they spent the day dining and at Yard Sales.
Seven attempts during the afternoon using my cell phone that I rarely use and the battery dying during my conversation with Comcast drove my B/P up. stemmmmmmmmmmmmming. Hiss! Hiss!
Had it charging and thought I had enough bars lit to make a call.
Frustrating to say the least. I shit you not!
Hubby has been asking for the breakfast that I make for awhile now, so I thought I'd surprise him.
It's not healthy, but sure is yummy. Bacon, over easy eggs and hash browns.
I do make those hash browns good if I do say so myself. :0)
We seldom have gone out for a breakfast together because I like mine better and breakfast can cost the price of a meal before 3 p.m.
Rather do lunch and spend that money for something I'm not up on cooking...like a Chinese luncheon special. uh huh, uh huh!
Sometime around 4 I began to make us a brunch/supper.
Just as I opened the new package of bacon and filled the frying pan. hubby calls my name. Ma.....
You want Chinese ? How about some tidbits and some shrimp fried rice ?
I walked in the room smiling and told him I would love it, but the bacon is in the pan and I'm about to start the hash browns. Told me I could package up the bacon...coudn't I.
Beings that I am such a good do bee , I took a rain check on the Chinese food . :0)
Truth be told..............I was going to go out after I posted and go to JoAnn Fabrics to use my 40% off coupon before it expired that day and when I opened the front door my eyes caught my inspection sticker and glazed over.
A big #9 stared moi in the face. Which means....it expired last month. I shit you not! :0(
No phone, no sticker, no Jill. Just my luck to get stopped for something not imperative.
After dark....yeah, I'll go after dark. :0)
No sooner did I step out the door after dark...Tracie was pulling into her driveway.
Asked me where I was going to drive in the dark....she would take moi.
Ohhhh, I skipped the part where Logan asked if he could sleep at Kenny's house. Told him to call his mother and get permission. Five times he tried to reach her and five times she didn't answer her cell phone.
Know that she has never let him sleep over except at his brother Ryan's, but said..........efff it.
She has left me in charge....I'm assuming .....as she hasn't returned and I gave him the go ahead nod.
So now I'm thinking no one here to help papa if something happens and he can't use his emergency thingie that is hooked into the phone service. Damn!
Tracie said she would let hubby use her cell. That was a comedy skit in itself when he was trying to understand how to use it and see those small numbers. :0) Have to agree with him.
He would be dead before he could dial out. Squinting this way and that to see On, the numbers and remember to hit Send. All while in pain....yup, a no brainer. DOA on my arrival home.
That store is 1 mile away and we made there and back in record time.
All was well. He loves candy corn and usually I buy him one bag at this time of year.
Got him a bag that I completely have forgotten about until now, so I'll get up and hand him it.
Told you I was a good do bee. :0) pat,pat!
Jill and Butch just took off without a word. 11 a.m.
I'm getting ahead of myself.
They came in together around 11. We were still up, moi playing internet freebee poker and hubby watching tv. Her words were slurred when she asked if we had phone service yet. Hubby answered her. I just kept on playing cards.
Found out ( by asking ) today where Alex was. At his sisters. She kept her overnight in exchange for him having his niece all day.
Found out ( by asking) where she was. Out with her friend Bonnie for a few hours and then hooked up with the whine bucket and drank at the Moose and went out to eat.
She brought the leftovers home. Forgot them on the kitchen table. Moi stuck em in the fridge the morning and this morning she took them out of the styrophoam take out thingies and re-packaged them.
Okay..............Okay.... I'll stop them before the eat them. She's not likely to as one dish is a Diablo spaghetti dish. It was his. The other is sea food.... who the Hell's was this? She doesn't eat seafood. Just tuna fish.
Could this be what he ate for lunch and the two girls ate for their lunch ??? I bet it is.
Whine Bucket will heat it and eat it. :0) Okay......Okay... I'll tell her where it was all night and it will be up to her to tell him if he goes to eat it. :0) :0) Good thinking on my part. :0)
Earlier today I tried calling Comcast to report my phone outage om my fully charged cell phone.
Same song, second verse. Dial 1 for English. If your last four #s are that you are calling from 5038 dial 1, if not, dial 2...Two. If you have our service or are having it installed dial 1. Next choices are 1 , 2 or 3.
Phone service is 3. Then you finally get a recording about heavy volume and to please call back at another time or hold online. dum,da, dum, dum.
Live person finally asking anme the account is in and verifying address, etc.
Now you get to state your problem and about this time my cell phone dies.
Sometimes I get a little furher...hold on, they will test this or that, pick up your phone and see if you have a dial tone. Nadda! Another lost call to Comcast. :0(
Jill says leave it plugged in on the charger while you call.
Will spare you...got just a bit further. Person on the other end got to the part where he was scheduling a service call. Had explained to this fella that hubby had to have a phone....oh I know what you mean..my grandmother has one of those. Silence.
She hands me her cell. Back to square one.
This time I am speaking to a woman. Will spare you. It had been scheduled for between 5 and 7 p.m. tomorrow.
Whoa!!! I had said a morning repair to the last person. Only one available I was told by her.
Now if someone cancels theirs out, we will call you and let you know the new time.
U Hoo....I don't have a phone, my cell phone died and I don't know where my daughter will be with hers tomorrow. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Now if I had Verizon ....there would be 100 people or better just behind moi. in my bedroom. ;0)
Like is shown wherever you are and are in trouble in their commercials . Yeah, right!!!
Logan and Kenny were ringing the doorbell to get in at 8:30 this morning.
Logan is never awake at that time unless it's a school day. His brother Ryan had called him and is taking him over to his apartment to watch the Patriots play.
Speaking of which....it's now 11:40 and he is here.
Jill and Butch came back too. Must have ran out for cigarettes.
Grabbed a pear. It's over ripe now. :0(
:0) In a few hours I'll be eating at the Outback.
Where in the he dbl l has the morning gone???
Whine bucket has assured moi that I won't get stopped for having an expired inspection sticker .
Too much paper work and my car can't be towed for that reason.
Gonna live on the edge and chance it. :0) W/B can pay the fine for moi.
He's on the parlor computer...she is on the couch watching tv.
That picture won't last long. Boredom sets in fast. No audience here. sigh!
If I run into this I may try to pass , but
I won't HONK! I shit you not! That's All Folks!
P.S. They are off..............Need liquid refreshment is my guess.
The ramblings of a mom of 9 by her KIDS that are STILL making her climb walls ,even as adults. Said I DO 3xs and I WANT OUT 2 xs. Have learned there is no such thing as a Rose Garden. My motto is Life Is Too Short To Be Miserable. When the bad outweighs the good it is time to shit can em. Laugh with me or at me, welcome to my world.
I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Just another fun day on the ranch, hu? -evil grin-
ReplyDeleteYour idea of Commenting "Kilroy Was Here," on blogs, when we have no muse for a Comment... COOL!
Or maybe a kind of a standard line like: "Your blog pal was here, but had no *brilliant* words to Comment. So, just leaving this... They know who we are, 'cause our blog link shows, when we comment.
And we could copy & paste it, so we had it ready to Comment, most every place we went, on a busy day. Or something.
Hey, between the 2 of us [*Brilliant Woman That We Are!] we'll solve this damn blogging issue!!!
I'm proud of us already! Aren't you???? LOL!
Your blog pal was here, but had no *brilliant* words to Comment. So, just leaving this...
ReplyDeleteThere! Did a test drive of my 2 lines. What-do-ya-think? ,-)
ReplyDeleteIt's not brilliant but it does let the blogger know that we DID READ there.
OhOh, I see a problem already! Some people would miss use it. Just start leaving it all over the place, all the time. It could then, mean nothing. -pout-
Back in another blogging "incarnation", there was this swwwwwweeeeeet blog lady, who tended to leave a generic comment everywhere. She was so sweet, that she might not have thought that anyone would notice!<---Snarky, I know. But she was soooooo sweeeet and loving and peaceful that she gagged me.
LOL!
Better get off line before I blow my Sweet Ol' Auntie cover, even more. AS IF anyone believes that cover, anyway!!!!!!! -chuckle-
I do believe you can be stopped for an expired inspection sticker. don't know about the towing. BTW, I LOVE the nickname "Whinebucket." Where did you come up with that one?
ReplyDeleteOh, gosh, you brought up nightmares about these phone calls to cable and phone companies. And then after all those pushing of buttons, it still could be 30 minutes before you get a live person. That breakfast you cooked hubby is my favorite.
ReplyDeleteMary
If Logan is staying with you and Mom is out too lunch, then, YOU are in charge. hey. I need a Cast of Characters. Can't keep everyone straight. Your life is the best Soap Opera ever!
ReplyDelete