I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Thursday, June 03, 2010

D D Two nights in a

Jimmy, Jordan and Jaiden

 row...Can we make it three.
   It's 10:30 p.m.  Two out of the four of us are in bed asleep.
Hubby and I will be calling it a night soon.
    One of my grandsons stopped in with his wife and family to use the pool.  Took a picture of his little one Jaidan / Jaiden....know I'm spelling it wrong..lol
   Took pity on some of the plants that hadn't made it in the ground and have 3/4 planted now.  All this bending, kneeling and stooping and still my chiropractor gave me three excercizes to do.
 Told me I had a tight ass.   I shit you not!
Started joking with her that nobody has told me I had a tight ass before.  Had her in laughter.
   Took hubby to a place just down our main road ( 2 lanes ) about 5 miles to a place we hadn't been to in years. New ownership.  Hubby got the broiled salmon dinner and loved it. Loved my fried shrimp dinner too.
I know, bad girl eating  f r i e d. 
Huuby's b/p today was like 146/80 and his pulse was higher than normal for him also. Think he said 78.. For many years in was in the 40's and 50's. Takes a med for it now.  The 146 isn't good and he said he didn't feel good ,but seems okay now.
When he feels shitty, he takes his b/p.....can't hurt.  He writes it down in a notebook. Makes him feel better.
Gives him something to take control of.
   This wasn't a real quiet day, BUT it was a good day.  Kids in the house and pool after school.
The house still looks like a shit house, but the laundry and dishes get done.
It's the drama that was missing that can be done without.  Makes a world of difference.
 Even felt good enough to call my old girlfriend in AK.....she had just got out of her yard doing planting.
Knowing what that is like . moi made it short and sweet... go grab your shower and I'll call you again.
She is having a colonostopy tomorrow.   ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
   Tracie came over maybe 7ish... left at 8:30...... much better.  Hubby asked how I got her to go home so early.  Told him I didn't know. Got lucky I guess..
   Need to get the pj's on and crawl into bed.  Morning comes early.  G'nite....

   Phew!  I made it back...... Long line of traffic turning left to go back the way I came to Trevor's school.
Figured moi had been down the road to the right many times in years past, so I made that right.
Made another right before I should have, but eventually found my way home ...even if I did cross the Merrimack River a few times. LOL
Said a few, Thank you's to God. One when I went onto the highway and tried to merge before the lane ended and noticed a car coming out of nowhere. The other was when I hiked back to my car from the school. Need to do more walking and get in shape...I shit you not!
  Lots of grandparents there, which was nice. They gave us a questionaire ...info on our lives as children , like:
What was our favorite clothing or least favorite.. least, gym suit
Books we read, The Yearling, Black Beauty and The Headless Horseman is what I remembered.
Type of clothing we wore to school, dresses.
What we ate for breakfast, wheaties, grapenuts and oatmeal.
Ancestry, Enlish and Polish....Mothers ancester was Roger Conant who came over on the Mayflower.
Childhood play memories, hopscotch, marbles, jump rope, baby dolls, paper dolls, hide and seek.
If we had tv... age 11 black and white tv
Lots more ...seems I spent a good time filling that thing out...Imagine that!    LMAO
Met Trevor's one on one and the grandparents next to me of his friend Travis. Oh and his teacher too.

Trevor is in grade4.  He will be 10 in July.  What a joy to be around.

Now tonight is Sarah's birthday cake after they go eat at NANA7  . Time will tell if I join them....
Got an email from kid#2's wife Sombay. Invite to her mothers 5th anniversary memorial at their house.
Told her to call me the day before to remind me.
There will be monks there ...she is from Laos... an interesting culture with different ceremonies that I have been to in the past. As long as I don't have to get down on the floor for this one I'll be good.
Wasn't comfortable on my body last year or the year before orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...has never been. I shit you not!
Her tiny mom would get down and up and sit on her legs like nothing and she was older than moi is now.
Those in attendance give the monks alot of food as well as money donations to take with them.
I like it that her youngest and oldest practice those rites. The middle son isn't married yet...don't know if he will be tradional or not.
She has 3 great sons from her first marriage and escaped from Laos with her family. If I haven't told you the story yet, I will have to.  Their escape was miraculous.
We born here have no idea of the terror and will to survive that these peoples had.

Need to change out of my clothes and plug away at something.
That's All Folks!

1 comment:

  1. i hope you have a good night and hopefully another quiet day tomorrow...and you are right there are people that go through stuff that we can't even imagine in our wildest dreams (or nightmares)

    ReplyDelete

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you